Contribute
Register
Thanks for your response, looking at my MBL serial, I still don't understand. Maybe I'll have to wipe and start all over again, which I don't want to do, because each time you do, it will be yet another machine registered against your details. You will be very surprised how many you have through your trials and errors, one way of seeing how many you have, just log into iCloud on your browser, you'll see them all, every iPhone ,iPad, macs etc and you can't remove them weather you still own them or not, this is also a debate over on the apple forum and apple starts getting jittery if you have too many against your ID. I guess thats half the problem at a the moment.

FYI, you can remove obsolete Devices/Comptuers from your iCloud account. I signed in and saw two different MacPros, two iMacs, etc. They are now gone, and tonight when I try to get iMessage to work using this new method, hopefully I'll get iMessage to work

To remove a device:

1) Sign into iCloud on your browser.
2) In the upper left corner, click the iCloud drop down, and select Find My iPhone
3) Sign into Find my iPhone
4) Click "All my Devices" in the center of the upper bar, above the map. All of your devices associated with your Apple ID will show up. It'll also tell you if these devices are offline or not.
5) Click on the device you want to remove
6) The device will attempt to be located. Once it fails, click "Remove from Account"
7) Repeat steps 5-6 for each device you want gone.

@JayMonkey
Do all your hacks iMessage are still working?

Ill just wait until we get the official word. That other article seems legit, but ill wait until he comes back to change any settings.

I have a iPhone so iMessage can still be used via phone.

FYI, you can remove obsolete Devices/Comptuers from your iCloud account. I signed in and saw two different MacPros, two iMacs, etc. They are now gone, and tonight when I try to get iMessage to work using this new method, hopefully I'll get iMessage to work

To remove a device:

1) Sign into iCloud on your browser.
2) In the upper left corner, click the iCloud drop down, and select Find My iPhone
3) Sign into Find my iPhone
4) Click "All my Devices" in the center of the upper bar, above the map. All of your devices associated with your Apple ID will show up. It'll also tell you if these devices are offline or not.
5) Click on the device you want to remove
6) The device will attempt to be located. Once it fails, click "Remove from Account"
7) Repeat steps 5-6 for each device you want gone.

Thanks for the tip!!!!!

I noticed some people are having luck using ROM/MLB from real macs, but we don't want 2 systems using the same information simultaneously. Anyone ever try to use this information from an old mac G4 / G5? That way we can just steal the information, and put the old dog to rest. Maybe I'll try it... PowerMac G5 SMBIOS :)

So, just to get this right. You used Clover Configurator to generate values. You then didn't put anything into Board Serial Number (it's empty), but instead you let the MLB be determined automatically, and you used imessage_debug to get the MLB that is generated automatically. You then remove the four numbers as you previously mentioned, and insert this new number into Board Serial Number. Is this correct?

Okay, I'm getting confused here. There are conflicting methods for MLB. I'm not even getting the "Call Apple" dialog for iMessage, so I believe there is still something wrong with my config.

I followed JayMonkey's iMessage troubleshooting posts at the beginning of this thread to the best of my ability. When I set up Clover, I followed Lexone's Clover Guide, step 7 using imessage_debug to determine my ROM & MLB values. What I don't know is if those values are actually valid, because this thread seems to indicate that the MLB needs to be crafted to match the hardware for your Serial Number.

So, just to get this right. You used Clover Configurator to generate values. You then didn't put anything into Board Serial Number (it's empty), but instead you let the MLB be determined automatically, and you used imessage_debug to get the MLB that is generated automatically. You then remove the four numbers as you previously mentioned, and insert this new number into Board Serial Number. Is this correct?

I'm also not sure how a 13 digit MLB would be valid for a post 2010 model. The last link I referred to states:

Note, If your serial is 11 chars, it's recommended to use 13 chars MLB. If you are using 12 chars Serial Number, you should use 17char MLB. It's not the 100% rule, but since 2010 Apple is using a new pattern for identification numbers (product serial, hardware serials etc).

So if you have a 12 character Serial number, to match a 2010+ model (i.e., iMac 12,2 in my case), then you should be using a 17 character MLB. The 13 character MLB and the 13 character MLB seem to use different conventions as well. So confused.

Can't wait for JayMonkey to come back and weigh in on this.

I've tried different permutations to get this working and got the customer code to call apple, I called and lied I was away from my p/c. After going through the security checks, I was told I was good to go, I left it off for 30 minutes before attempting to sign in, got signed in for about 5 seconds then out again with the same customer code to call support, so now I'm in the process of going over it again.

Okay, I'm getting confused here. There are conflicting methods for MLB. I'm not even getting the "Call Apple" dialog for iMessage, so I believe there is still something wrong with my config.

Can't wait for JayMonkey to come back and weigh in on this.

Go back and reread Step 5D from the Guide Part 1 - Basically you are using iMessage debug to check that you are getting the same values bewtween restarts, which if you are using Clover, you should be.

I am not sure anyone can tell you for certain if you should be using a 13 or 17 digit MLB at this point. But Jaymonkey does recommend using the system definition of an iMac 13,1 which uses a 17 digit MLB, so again if you follow steps you should be cool. He details in Step 5D on how to create your own unique MLB. Step 5D does assumee you followed the previous Step 3 and ensured you created a unique serial number.

I have followed theses steps time and time again to success each and every time.

Spang1974

Back