Contribute
Register
I have a few more questions:

1) Is Board Serial Number and MLB the same? I entered values in the SMBIOS tab rather than RtVariables.

2) How did you create your MLB? I read on the first page of this post (the guide), that it could be generated by taking the Serial Number and appending 5 alphanumeric values.

camillionario: How did you generate your MLB? Did you only use the first three alphanumeric values from your serial number (let's call them A), and then add 7 numbers (let's call them B), and furthermore 7 alphanumeric values (let's call them C), resulting in AAABBBBBBBCCCCCCC (17 values)? You then remove the first 4 of the 7 numbers (B), resulting in AAABBBCCCCCCC (13 values). Is this correct?

1) Is Board Serial Number and MLB the same? I entered values in the SMBIOS tab rather than RtVariables.

2) How did you create your MLB? I read on the first page of this post (the guide), that it could be generated by taking the Serial Number and appending 5 alphanumeric values.

camillionario: How did you generate your MLB? Did you only use the first three alphanumeric values from your serial number (let's call them A), and then add 7 numbers (let's call them B), and furthermore 7 alphanumeric values (let's call them C), resulting in AAABBBBBBBCCCCCCC (17 values)? You then remove the first 4 of the 7 numbers (B), resulting in AAABBBCCCCCCC (13 values). Is this correct?

MLB I use is the one that has generated iMessage debug and Clover RTvariables Configurator key in calculate.,, so the only thing I've done is what I mention anything else.
Remove 4 numbers and inject them with Clover Configurator
Change my ROM with random digits.

Precisely!!! - I would be very interested to find out how exactly how the MLB was generated to get to the 13 character serial to be inserted- like I said the query is thrown open to anyone who used this method to get iMsg and FaceTime working.

With the increasing stories of success, perhaps we were too quick to assume Apple had started tightening up security. Maybe it was just a problem at their end which they have now sorted.

It would be interesting to see if the removing 4 numbers from MLB is just a coincidence or is required now?

Seems a bit hinky to me as well, most likely a coincidence IMO.

I gonna have to take a wait and see method, on this one. I know some REAL macs have a 17 digit MLB. So until I'm disconnected, i'm keeping mine as is.

Spang1974

OK I think ive got it - where most of us is going wrong in getting our serial number with those 4 numbers in the middle for removal to insert the MBL. I am away from my p/c at the moment, I will put my theory to the test if successful, I will write up a tutorial for testing by jaymonkey and others.

MLB I use is the one that has generated iMessage debug and Clover RTvariables Configurator key in calculate.,, so the only thing I've done is what I mention anything else.
Remove 4 numbers and inject them with Clover Configurator
Change my ROM with random digits.

So, just to get this right. You used Clover Configurator to generate values. You then didn't put anything into Board Serial Number (it's empty), but instead you let the MLB be determined automatically, and you used imessage_debug to get the MLB that is generated automatically. You then remove the four numbers as you previously mentioned, and insert this new number into Board Serial Number. Is this correct?

So, just to get this right. You used Clover Configurator to generate values. You then didn't put anything into Board Serial Number (it's empty), but instead you let the MLB be determined automatically, and you used imessage_debug to get the MLB that is generated automatically. You then remove the four numbers as you previously mentioned, and insert this new number into Board Serial Number. Is this correct?

Yes,, correct

I hear you loud and clear coolmaccm - as one of the dumb users why don't you enlighten me or point me in the right direction. Unlike you I am not blessed with over abundance of IT knowledge. This is a forum where I like to think we can help one another instead of posting condescending remarks or thoughts. Unlike you I am not self taught I used this forum and others to learn from ones more knowlageble than me and hopefully help others - am I a DUMB USER? Maybe, but one willing to share and help - Have a good day Sir.

Don't take offence - He didn't post a link because he couldn't.

Google Pattern of MLB (main logic board)

Don't take offence - He didn't post a link because he couldn't.

Google Pattern of MLB (main logic board)

OK point taken and I apologise if I came across a bit miffed - to me this is a great community and I dislike unhelpful smug remarks directed at others - but we'll put it behind us and move forward - Thanks Pilgrim.

Back