Z68-MX-UD2H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
On a fresh install I believe if you leave the MLB and ROM values blank in rtVariables tab of Clover Configurator your ROM and MLB values are generated from the last 12 digits of you smuuid value on the SMBIOS page and the Board Serial Number value on the SMBIOS page.

In the rtVariables tab of Clover Configurator ROM and MLB fields are blank. Should i fill them manually by hand?

clover rtvariables.png smbios.png

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK (Clover)
CPU
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In the rtVariables tab of Clover Configurator ROM and MLB fields are blank. Should i fill them manually by hand?

View attachment 111731

As long as you properly create your required values on the SMBIOS tab, export it to the proper location on the system's EFI partition, reboot, run imessage debug. Your ROM and MLB values should now be there as being read from the previously mentioned SMBIOS fields in my earlier post. Can you try that and report back?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-EX58 -Extreme
CPU
Intel Xeon X5670
Graphics
Gigabyte 3Gb GTX780 GV-N780D5-3GD-B
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

View attachment 111731 View attachment 111746

Read very carefully the section under "Clover Update October 2014:" In the original post/guide and follow those instructions.

I believe that's the best method going forward; also read carefully 'How to fix iMessage Part-2' and follow instructions in:

Step-7: How to Fix the SId Bug

That's what did the trick for me, called Apple, issue resolved!

Thanks for this great guide that allowed me to discover the mighty Clover, what a great bootloader! Now onto getting handoff to work...

Motherboard
p5q
CPU
i386
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello,

first thank you for this great guide
it helped me to have imessage under 10.8 and clover

Last week-end i decided to upgrade to yosemite 10.10
everythings work except imessage and facetime

I tried to add MLB and ROM which i didn't use under 10.8 but it didn't work

i realised that my serial number i used before was a real one. So i decided to change it.
I deleted all the files, boot and reboot,

still have the problem i don't see what i missed

Any advices ?

thank you
pasm

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

@iDVD,

Step 5d of the guide explains everything everything you need to know about setting and injecting MLB & ROM Values ... be sure to read and understand the whole step ...

Jay

Motherboard
Intel DP67DE
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600
Graphics
GeForce 650 Ti 2 GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, was having the same issue as I overlooked what was actually in the guide and resolved my issue:

"MLB: This is now read from the 'Board Serial Number' field on the SMBIOS page, on a clean Clover install this is defaulted to Clovers own set value which is now black-listed on Apples systems. You therefore must replace this with your existing MLB value (on an existing install) or use your OSX S/N + Random Alpha / Numeric digits to make it up to 17 digits."

I recreated the MLB as explained above (OSX serial + alphanumeric sequence to go up to 17 digits) and it solved my issue.

I'll play with this when I get home tonight.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
is anyone having problems sending iMessage message to curtain people? i can send and receive iMessage messages to curtain people FaceTime is also working fine but only curtain people i try and send a message to and not delivered or comes up with just text messages any ideas this is in Yosemite Clover Bootloader I'm wondering if apples servers are down

Motherboard
Intel DP67DE
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600
Graphics
GeForce 650 Ti 2 GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to get iMessage working with very little success.

First of all this is a new Clover installation. I've been running iMessage over many year very successfully until Apple complicated everything. I do have a serial number on the iCloud with a different serial number from when iMessage worked.

Now when I run iMessage_debug I get completely different settings and I keep getting an Activation error.

I've run CC over and over again with various settings ... Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Motherboard
Intel DP67DE
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600
Graphics
GeForce 650 Ti 2 GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had a previous Mavericks install but neglected to document the following:

SMUUID (SystemId)
OSX S/N
MLB
ROM

Therefore I already have a system documented with Apple. Reading further in the instructions it says:

"Before trying iMessage run iMessage Debug and ensure that all your ID's match your previous Mavericks build including the Hardware (platform) UUID, if all ok try iMessage and it should work. If ANY ID's are not the same or are changing on each boot then resolve the issues before trying iMessage or Contact Apple to Unlock AppleID/Device."

Is this why I can't Activate iMessage on my new Clover Yosemite system?

Further the instructions say:

"Do not confuse the SmUUID (systemId) with the Hardware (Platform) UUID on your old build, you should only need to add the SmUUID to Clover's config.plist, then OSX should automatically generate the same Hardware UUID as before."

I no longer have the Maverick install so I can't get the systemID. Is there anyway to recreate it system my Yosemite systemID is different? If I re-installed Maverick on a different HDD would it provide me the correct systemID, ROM, MLB and OSX S/N to match what's registered on Apple?