Contribute
Register
@raketa,

You should be able to recover the /Extra folder from your backups/time-machine, if you were injecting SmUUID (SystemId) then you should be able to get the value long with osx /n from the smbios and chameleon plists.

if you don't have any record of your old ROM and MLB values Use the MAC address of eh0 for the ROM value and the S/N + extra digits for MLB as detailed in Step-5d of the guide.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the information and I do have the /Extra folder from my Mavericks system.

I'm not sure that I injected (since I'm not sure how to do that) the SystemId. I think you're saying it would be in my chameleon plist file. If not where would I look for it?

That being said ... you are saying to use the MAC address of "eh0" (I'm not sure that you mean just "eh0") for the ROM value and the S/N showing on the iCloud + extra digits for MLB.

Sorry ... I've had a Hackintosh for over three years and just converted to Clover (runs very well BTW).

Thanks for the help ... I'll play with it again tonight.

I'm not sure that I injected (since I'm not sure how to do that) the SystemId. I think you're saying it would be in my chameleon plist file. If not where would I look for it? .... ... you are saying to use the MAC address of "eh0" (I'm not sure that you mean just "eh0") for the ROM value and the S/N showing on the iCloud + extra digits for MLB.

@raketa,

SmUUID also known as SystemID is covered in detail in Part 2 of the guide .. (Post #2)
Sorry typo .. of course i meant en0 not eh0 - see Part-1, Step-2 of the guide.
See Part-1, Step-3 for OSX S/N advice
See Part-1, Step-5d for MLb & ROM values

Cheers
Jay

@elgipsy,

Are you sure your not mistaking the new hardware ID as the SmUUID ?, you say your using the values from iMessage Debug .... most versions of iMessage Debug do not show the SmUUID (SystemId) only the Hardware (platform UUID).

Best way is to always check the SmUUID by checking the registry as detailed in Part-2 of the guide, use IOJones to check it ....

Cheers
Jay

Ok, I used IOJones and SmUUID consist of 16 x Byte values (loads of bb 's though)
What do I do next? configure a new plist with clover configurator using the SMUUID and see if what is generated matches the content of the iMsg debug values from my previous Yosemite install where iMsg worked? I still did not enter my apple id anywhere on this install but I did go on the web.

@raketa,

SmUUID also known as SystemID is covered in detail in Part 2 of the guide .. (Post #2)
Sorry typo .. of course i meant en0 not eh0 - see Part-1, Step-2 of the guide.
See Part-1, Step-3 for OSX S/N advice
See Part-1, Step-5d for MLb & ROM values

Cheers
Jay

One last item ... this morning I did some settings and it actually put a new iMac system under the settings on the iCloud site but still with the Activation error. Does this mean anything or am I closer with what I've done so far?

Thanks

Just wanted to pass out a huge thank you to you jaymonkey for this guide. You took a complete Clover n00b and taught him how to dance with Clover.

Called up Apple and even had them pass through the code (that I eventually got, stupid S/N). It's great having iMessage/Facetime/Voice calls on my Hackintosh now, and couldn't have done it without this in depth and comprehensive guide, really answered all the questions.

Onwards and upwards to the next big project: Handoff!

I'm totally lost on what to do. I've gone through this guide. I've confirmed en0, no sid bug, UUID ROM and MLB are all constant even after reboot. I had it working after I fixed the customer code error. Now it no longer works. I keep getting the "an error occurred during activation" prompt after trying to sign in. iCloud works, App Store works. Not sure what changed or what the problem is.

Using Clover on 10.10

How can I contact apple on the web? Im on their website right now but I can't find a way to contact them on a web chat or anything like that. All I can find is phone support.

Hi,

I need your help because I can't get iMessage work (even FaceTime working).
I've followed this excellent guide, but it still doesn't work :(

1) My account is verified (and I’ve tried changing my password)
2) My ethernet card is EN0
3) I use the same S/N that I was using on Maverick (and it was working)
My SN is not an already registered number, i’ve set up my system type to MacPro6,1 and I use the latest clover
4) My Yosemite is a fresh install
5) iMessageDebug always dump me the same NVRAM values

But when I try to connect to iMessage, I have the message "An error occurred during activation. Try again".
It’s strange, I previously updated Maverick to Yosemite, and iMessage was working (after calling Apple giving them the iMessage number).
But after a fresh install of Yosemite with the same clover config, I always have the activation problem message and never have the message indicating I must call Apple.

Any idea would be appreciate.
Thanks

Hi!

Did anyone tried to use smbios and another IDs from real macs? I have a MBA and installed new hackintosh, can I use IDs from MBA?

Thanks. :)

I did, and successfully get it working.

Back