Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Aldaro,
I have tryed your OpenCore 0.6.1 on the following:
MB: Asus Z370-A II
RAM: 16 GB
CPU: i5-9600K
GPU: MSI Armor RX 580

I really apprciate your work and documentation. I have had a good a background with OC and used the dortania guid to install 10.15.6 but always had a kernel panic!
Your EFI file made my life easier and it worked flawlessly. Thanks very much :)

The only thing that I have done is USB mapping, which is very easy, due to the different port lay out in my motherboard.

I will attach the same EFI with updated USBPort kext, for those with my same reg.

Thanks,

Thank you @Bmwn44 I'm glad my OC folder worked for you. For USB, I have moved away from injector kexts almost entirely, and have opted to make direct modifications to my OEM ACPI tables. For this board, the signature for the table in question is xh_rvp08 and adding the required methods to get truly native USB is quite simple. If you haven't done so already, I recommend you change the SecureBootPolicy string in your config from "Default" to "Disabled" since OC's implementation of secure boot is still a work in progress.

This is a reply to some of the OpenCore questions. OC-Gen-X has changed a few things about the coffee lake config, and it seems that this board doesn't support MATS correctly, as booting without "EnableWriteUnprotector" causes instant panic. If you try to use OC-Gen-X for 0.6.3, you'll have to manually enable this quirk, but if someone has their OC setup working without it, let me know.
This next one's more of a poll, but would anyone be interested in a section dedicated to native USB support at the ACPI level? This is how I currently have my system configured, and no injection kext is required. The method is admittedly sloppy, but I thought it'd be cool nonetheless.

Hi @Aldaro,
First of all, thank you for the great guide!
Since you have the same CPU as mine, I hope you can help me. I posted here my current issues: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/after-big-sur-install-mac-os-graphic-doesnt-smooth.307403/
In nutshell, I have iGPU only processor and it doesn't work properly. I think I tried everything and can not believe the iGPU has not much power for the BS animations. The platform only forks for me is 0x3E9B0007. With others, the system can not be booted (I see colored stripes during boot and the system hardly reboots). I have
  1. Awake issue via HDMI cable
  2. Graphic laggings (especially OSx animations) with that platform-id
Do you have an idea of how the processor graphic can be fixed? Why the platform you defined in the config.plist working for you and don't working for me since we have the same CPU?
Thanks in advance!

The IGPU platform in my config is for what's called a "headless" configuration. In short, this means that the IGPU is only used for smaller accelerated tasks for the sake of offloading some processes, but does not define any connector types. In order for you to get a proper setup, you need to use the framebuffer ID of 0x3E980007 which can be entered in the device properties entry where you see "AAPL,ig-platform-id" as 0700983E
Using that platform, you should get better functionality out of your IGPU; if you're just looking to test that framebuffer ID, you can use the boot argument
igfxframe=0x3E980007

The IGPU platform in my config is for what's called a "headless" configuration. In short, this means that the IGPU is only used for smaller accelerated tasks for the sake of offloading some processes, but does not define any connector types. In order for you to get a proper setup, you need to use the framebuffer ID of 0x3E980007 which can be entered in the device properties entry where you see "AAPL,ig-platform-id" as 0700983E
Using that platform, you should get better functionality out of your IGPU; if you're just looking to test that framebuffer ID, you can use the boot argument
igfxframe=0x3E980007
I think I've tried all the platforms already. And 0x3E9B0007 works only. Well, I'm going to try `igfxframe=0x3E980007` in a few minutes. Let me check.
The corresponding question. Do I need to change SMBIOS? Now it is set to iMac 18.1 in my configuration.
Thanks.

You're right with 0x3E9B; 3E980007 was incorrect ... my bad

I see ... I'll do some additional digging into it. If you're using iMac 19,1 or 19,2, you may have to change to macmini8,1 since you're using an iGPU only setup

I see ... I'll do some additional digging into it. If you're using iMac 19,1 or 19,2, you may have to change to macmini8,1 since you're using an iGPU only setup
Thanks in advance for helping!
I'm using iMAC 18,1. But I've tried iMac 19,1, 19,2, and macmini8,1 as well. There were no visual changes. Just Apple has been asking me to update apple id settings after each SMBIOS change. Or do I need to reset/clear the cache somehow of SMBIOS/NVRAM after changing it in the config.plist file?

I'd reset NVRAM after changing SMBIOS and there's a number of things you need to do whenever switching to a new SMBIOS in order for your Apple ID stuff to work. The idiots guide to iMessage has all of those steps, as I don't remember them off the top of my head. I linked that post at the bottom of my thread; also, I have a genuine macmini8,1 and can pull it's ig-platform-id

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back