Contribute
Register

Refusing new kext's and kextd stall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also done A LOT of testing of kext injection vs not injected and found absolutely no differences in stability.
I only had one occasion in which installing in /Library/Extensions/ made the system work instead of not, and that was on the NUC 8Gen.

Sounds like you have conflicting kexts in /Library/Extesnions/.

Figure out which hackintosh kexts you need for full functionality.
Move (not copy) all those kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and delete any other kexts that my be in there.
In config.plist > RT Variables > CsrActiveConfig, enter "0x0" (without the quotes).
In config.plist > System Parameters > Inject Kexts set to "Yes".
Done.

Fixed the problem.

Now tho when my GTX960 is in it doesn't have any memory

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 19.52.07.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 19.52.07.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 54
Fixed the problem.

Now tho when my GTX960 is in it doesn't have any memory

I'm not sure which versions of kexts you have installed. You may or may not need NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and, of course, you need the Nvidia web drivers. Make sure the Nvidia web drivers version matches with the version of macOS you are using.

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext is deprecated, now part of WhateverGreen.kext.

Yeah, but he's on High Sierra and I don't know if he's also on old kexts...

UPDATE:

Started over by making a totally 100% new USB stick, installation went well and so went the post-installation. Started putting some work-related programs and tools and everything seems to work perfectly!

I really think it's time to stop endorsing installing kexts in /Library/Extensions/. There are ZERO benefits to doing so and just causes confusion and difficulty when trying to help people troubleshoot.
RehabMan's argument for having kexts in /L/E back then was error checking if I recall correctly and whenever helping other people he expected them to have everything but essential kexts in /L/E. Over the years and for myself this statement became "depends", as there are clearly configurations which work better with having (some) kexts in /Other with InjectKexts=Yes.

Latest example is a Lenovo Yoga 920 where everything works perfectly having I2C kexts in /Other and wake repeatedly does not work having them in /L/E. Now, if RHM were here he would probably say something like "I cannot help you without full error reporting files" or "then you're probably doing something wrong elsewhere" but I miss him anyways... ;)

... but I miss him anyways... ;)

We all do. I remember talking with him on the forum about a kext problem and he was writing new code, compiling it and asking me to test - right there, right then. We must have done that about five times. The conversation must still be out here somewhere.

A legend.

:)

RehabMan's argument for having kexts in /L/E back then was error checking if I recall correctly and whenever helping other people he expected them to have everything but essential kexts in /L/E. Over the years and for myself this statement became "depends", as there are clearly configurations which work better with having (some) kexts in /Other with InjectKexts=Yes.

Latest example is a Lenovo Yoga 920 where everything works perfectly having I2C kexts in /Other and wake repeatedly does not work having them in /L/E. Now, if RHM were here he would probably say something like "I cannot help you without full error reporting files" or "then you're probably doing something wrong elsewhere" but I miss him anyways... ;)

Yeah, I know... It's one of the reasons I tried to avoid asking him for help... That and the majority of his answers to me were pre-written paste responses that didn't answer anything anyway.

In the last few years, I've only used kext injection via bootloader and have gotten all my systems to work without issues including my laptop. Of the people whom I've managed to help, not a single fix was to move kexts to /Library/Extensions/. Lastly, as far as I know, all the acidanthera kexts were intended to be injected via bootloader and that represents the majority of kexts that I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back