Contribute
Register

Refusing new kext's and kextd stall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to update High Sierra's some few Gb sized software update, I think it was security update or something.

The AppStore is now notifying a Software Update (Security Update 2020-001 10.13.6) to be updated, should I go for it?

You already had High Sierra installed? I thought you were trying to do a new install...

Yes, try the latest update.

You already had High Sierra installed? I thought you were trying to do a new install...

lol, deepest apologies :D

Got my build working without the GTX960, started installing updates when it suddenly wouldn't go to the macOS. The Machine was in the Apple logo screen with a full loadbar for around 30 minutes and didn't go anywhere from there.

I admit stating "got my build working" wasn't very specific to tell that I already had macOS installed. I completely agree, maybe the lack of sleep has some affect today.

Right now the macOS seems to look the same as it was before the update installing. No glitching graphics and I can see "Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536MB" from 'About This Mac'.

I'll start downloading the update and post some updates asap :)

The update got installed perfectly, everything is fine now.

Thank you so much for the EFI folders!

I've been dreaming of getting that GTX960(MSI) to use, should I make another post regarding to that or could you help me with that too..? :)

The update got installed perfectly, everything is fine now.

Thank you so much for the EFI folders!

I've been dreaming of getting that GTX960(MSI) to use, should I make another post regarding to that or could you help me with that too..? :)

If you are using the last EFI that I posted, quite a few changes need to be made... It's currently configured to use IGPU only.

If you are using the last EFI that I posted, quite a few changes need to be made... It's currently configured to use IGPU only.

Here's the EFI I'm currently on

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.6 MB · Views: 135

Okay...

1. Backup everything.
  2. In config.plist > Graphics > ig-platform-id, change to 59120003
  3. In config.plist > SMBIOS, change system definition to iMac18,3 (Do not just change that one field. Generate new serial, board serial, UUID)
  4. Shut down.
  5. Plug in GTX 960.
  6. Power up.

Okay...

1. Backup everything.
  2. In config.plist > Graphics > ig-platform-id, change to 59120003
  3. In config.plist > SMBIOS, change system definition to iMac18,3 (Do not just change that one field. Generate new serial, board serial, UUID)
  4. Shut down.
  5. Plug in GTX 960.
  6. Power up.

Sorry it took a while to post back, had to create the backup and got plenty of work on the way.

A big thank you! macOS recognizes the GPU after I also installed the web drivers! I'm just concerned that the fans aren't moving but as it is said in this post it's relevant to the temperature it's in.
Only thing which is not working is Audio thru HDMI, but I already found some posts about it.

Thank you very much :)

Sorry it took a while to post back, had to create the backup and got plenty of work on the way.

A big thank you! macOS recognizes the GPU after I also installed the web drivers! I'm just concerned that the fans aren't moving but as it is said in this post it's relevant to the temperature it's in.
Only thing which is not working is Audio thru HDMI, but I already found some posts about it.

Thank you very much :)

Not going to lie, feeling real dumbass and clumsy.

Now I won't get in to the macOS if I don't boot without injected kexts. Otherwise it will be in a boot loop and give me the "Your computer restarted because of a problem" -screen.

I've tried using the TimeMachine to this morning and copying the EFI folder I was using before.

Here's my EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.6 MB · Views: 159
Not going to lie, feeling real dumbass and clumsy.

Now I won't get in to the macOS if I don't boot without injected kexts. Otherwise it will be in a boot loop and give me the "Your computer restarted because of a problem" -screen.

I've tried using the TimeMachine to this morning and copying the EFI folder I was using before.

Here's my EFI folder.

Why do you not want to inject kexts???

I have SIP enabled so unsigned kexts will not load if they are not injected.

Why do you not want to inject kexts???

If I boot with inject kexts I'm getting this screen:
IMG_1985.JPG

But I'm using the EFI folder I earlier mentioned? Shouldn't it boot without going to the error screen? :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back