Contribute
Register
@bennynihon & @Wailril

From my own experimentation and findings you can use a valid MLB against any SMBIOS / System type - use generated values for everything except MLB & ROM. Use Mac Tracker (See Step 3 of the guide) to find the nearest system definition to your hacks hardware - just be aware that things could and will probably change in the future but right now it should work.

Chers
Jay

What about SN. Can that remain the same (ie 11 digit SN (macpro3,1) instead of 12 (iMac14,2))?

What about SN. Can that remain the same (ie 11 digit SN (macpro3,1) instead of 12 (iMac14,2))?

So I went with MLB/ROM/SN from my unused donor + generated values that match my hack hardware and it worked right out of the box. Using Clover and Yosemite 10.10.2

Is there a machine age limit to the MLB / ROM / Serial that can be successfully cloned? It sounds like the SMBIOS value can be different (for now) without issue, but my donor machine is an old MacBook 2,1.

Hi Everybody..

If you have a couple of cloned ROM/MLB wich is working (real values from your genuine MAC), and if you change the last digit of the ROM value only (of example if you have 012345678910 and you change to 012345678911), you can logout and login again...

Strange isnt'it ?

Sorry for my poor English...
Bye

MyGuyzmo, are you suggesting that the MLB/ROM combination is what makes the machine "unique", and by altering the ROM ID slightly all machines are able to use iMessage simultaneously without lock out?

Question - I've just updated to 10.10.2, but now I'm getting the "an error occurred during activation. try again" message rather than the contact customer code message. I've updated to the latest clover, and copied over my old config.plist. I know the imessage issue isn't fixed yet, but is there a reason why I've gone a step back (I'm not getting the customer code anymore)? I import my config.plist into clover configurator, but the smuuid and mlb and rom are empty; I don't see why, as I've copied my config.plist (where I was getting the customer code), and imessage debug says I have an mlb and rom (and they look okay to me).
Thanks.

Question - I've just updated to 10.10.2, but now I'm getting the "an error occurred during activation. try again" message rather than the contact customer code message. I've updated to the latest clover, and copied over my old config.plist. I know the imessage issue isn't fixed yet, but is there a reason why I've gone a step back (I'm not getting the customer code anymore)? I import my config.plist into clover configurator, but the smuuid and mlb and rom are empty; I don't see why, as I've copied my config.plist (where I was getting the customer code), and imessage debug says I have an mlb and rom (and they look okay to me).
Thanks.

@carltom46,

Clover & Clover Configurator is very particular of the format of the config.plist - if the MLB and ROM are not showing up in Clover Configurator but they are in the RTVariables section of the config.plist then it could be a formatting issue ... I've had this myself when manually editing the config.plist file. You could try removing the RTVariables section with an editor, save the file and load it back into Clover Configurator and re-enter your MLB & ROM values on the RTVariables page.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

So I went with MLB/ROM/SN from my unused donor + generated values that match my hack hardware and it worked right out of the box. Using Clover and Yosemite 10.10.2

@bennynihon,

Well done, glad you up and running ....

Cheers
Jay

if you change the last digit of the ROM value only (of example if you have 012345678910 and you change to 012345678911), you can logout and login again...

MyGuyzmo, are you suggesting that the MLB/ROM combination is what makes the machine "unique", and by altering the ROM ID slightly all machines are able to use iMessage simultaneously without lock out?

@MyGuyzmo, @begleyj,

That is odd, we know MLB & ROM must be white-listed so if true this may suggest that Apple are storing the values as some sort of checksum that does not include the last digit of the ROM value in its key ?

But we also know that it is not necessary to use an Apple formatted ROM value as many are still using a locally generated one (usually NIC MAC address) so really any 12 digit hexadecimal value should work as long as it is unique ...

It's an interesting discovery though .... how many times have you tried changing the last digit ?

Has anyone else tried/confirmed this ?

Cheers
Jay

I randomly have been trying to see if iMessage/FaceTime will work on my HP 4350s (10.10.0). Obviously been negative - until today. FT allowed me to login and it works fine. iMessage however says it cannot but has no code. For doing nothing to effect it, seems like a minor temporary win. Just thought I'd share.

Back