Contribute
Register
I thought of that too jay. In a way that's also kind of why i went with old. 3,1 mac pro is a dated system these days. 2008. The odds of running into an in use MLB are probably low, but one that's actually still in use, likely a lot less then that even. It'll probably be a larger risk of running into active MLBs with the newer codes than anything. Well, that is until a bunch of us activate 2008 codes haha. Ultimately. I just hope I don't run into that problem. Or that apple is using both values to create a unique string or something so as long as they BOTH don't match, then in the clear.

I also quadruple backup my config and values. I keep a stable clover with valid config on a flash drive. an SSD main volume. a HDD cloned volume backup of main, and then for good measure, a backup of just config file in my backup disk that contains all my installers and update files. Any clean install or update, will always pull this config with no chance of it being lost.

Got mine working with a 13 digit MLB. Fixed after making a good SN, ROM, and MLB based on information from the other site and using clover generator. Got the code and called. The removed the block and all is set. I changed from imac14,2 to macpro3,1.

Thanks to the guide. BTW, Im using clover.

My only issue is wake from sleep audio which probable isnt related

It's kind of funny how the thread strongly warns against talk of cloning info from a Mac you don't own, but now seems to be recommending the generation of digits that may or may not conflict with a genuine Mac or someone else's generated values. Not a condemnation of this, but just an observation and really just wondering if this is the right direction for a long term solution.

Seems to me the only fool proof way is to clone a genuine Mac that you DO own and that will never be run again. Especially if it is a model that allows some degree of upgradability since it'd be impossible for Apple to claim that the MLB/ROM etc don't match the hardware profile (since you could have easily upgraded the RAM, CPU, etc on your own). Is it still advisable to clone a Mac that you do actually own but never use?

Anyone confirm 10.10.2 affect iMessage or not?

Anyone confirm 10.10.2 affect iMessage or not?

@All,

I've updated my laptop build this morning to 10.10.2 which boots via Clover and iMessage is continuing to working fine for me. Use the update in the App store if your already running 10.10.1 the combo update only works with 10.10.0 - I have not updated any of my desktop systems yet ....

It's kind of funny how the thread strongly warns against talk of cloning info from a Mac you don't own, but now seems to be recommending the generation of digits that may or may not conflict with a genuine Mac or someone else's generated values.

@bennynihon,

I make no recommendation of the sort in the post your referring too or the main guide. I have always warned against using cloned Values for the life of the guide and have never recommended using Cloned values or modifying cloned values, although i've known about the method for a long time now, i've deliberately avoided documenting the process as it is not a long term solution.

However since a number of other users have recentley posted that they've tried this method ... It seemed appropriate to warn everyone that method is prone to potential problems and to think about the long term implications rather than blindly following what other have done ...

Cheers
Jay

@bennynihon,

I make no recommendation of the sort in the post your referring too or the main guide. I have always warned against using cloned Values for the life of the guide and have never recommended using Cloned values or modifying cloned values, although i've known about the method for a long time now, i've deliberately avoided documenting the process as it is not a long term solution.

I wasn't referring to you or anyone specifically, for that matter. You actually gave a solid warning. But what's wrong with using cloned values from a machine you DO own and that will never be used again? That's what I'd like to know.

I wasn't referring to you or anyone specifically, for that matter. You actually gave a solid warning. But what's wrong with using cloned values from a machine you DO own and that will never be used again? That's what I'd like to know.

@bennynihon,

At the moment that is the only real guaranteed method of activating iMessage on a Hack .. but its a grey area and the decision is down to the individual, hopefully common sense will prevail ...

Cheers
Jay

@bennynihon,

At the moment that is the only real guaranteed method of activating iMessage on a Hack .. but its a grey area and the decision is down to the individual, hopefully common sense will prevail ...

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for clarifying. And this guide is one of the most detailed and thorough I've seen. Keep it up!

Did you use Chameleon/Chimera or Clover?

Haven't heard any confirmation that it works using Chameleon/FileNVRAM combo.

Yes, I can confirm that the new filenvram works fine with chimera. I use clover on my main hack but on the laptop I use chimera and they are working fine

It's kind of funny how the thread strongly warns against talk of cloning info from a Mac you don't own, but now seems to be recommending the generation of digits that may or may not conflict with a genuine Mac or someone else's generated values. Not a condemnation of this, but just an observation and really just wondering if this is the right direction for a long term solution.

Seems to me the only fool proof way is to clone a genuine Mac that you DO own and that will never be run again. Especially if it is a model that allows some degree of upgradability since it'd be impossible for Apple to claim that the MLB/ROM etc don't match the hardware profile (since you could have easily upgraded the RAM, CPU, etc on your own). Is it still advisable to clone a Mac that you do actually own but never use?

That's why if you look at various forums including the clover wiki, you should hit shake on the generated values several times. The chance of getting a authentic MLB is slim to none. As far as the ROM, I doubt I will duplicate the ROM, since it's based on my MAC card. So unless the manufacturer goofed, I will NEVER have a duplicate ROM (1 out of 281.5 trillion addresses) save for external circumstance.
My SN is made up too. It follows the apple rules and is based on MLB. I checked it against apples SN database and it wasnt found. Can someone else generate my SN? Im sure its possible. But I think winning the lottery is possible too. Very high odds, but its possible.

Back