Contribute
Register
Is the ROM value the same as the machine's MAC/physical address? My dead MacBook pro has been connected to my home's wifi before it died, and I can get its MAC address by logging into my router.

@dokh22,

No the ROM value is not the same as a Mac's ethernet address, however you could try it - I'm not convinced that you need to use a real ROM value, i think it just needs to be unique and white listed, i belive that only the MLB is subject to extensive validation - give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Either way you will need to contact Apple to white list your MLB & ROM once your happy that they injecting correctly and are persistent.

Cheers
Jay

I own a broken 13" MBP, 2010 model, which doesn't power on / has no display & no external display output. I've since replaced the MPB with a newer model & so I no-longer use it. It literally sits inside a draw, incase I need spare parts.

Can I use the printed SN & MLB codes inside on the mainboard, on the sicker near the RAM slots?

EDIT: Can I somehow obtain it's ROM, if that is also required?

@dj-ek,

Yes this is what i am currently doing, if the machine is no longer bootable then you will not be able to obtain the ROM value - see above post ....

Cheers
Jay

Jay,
in case that we use the MLB/ROM from unused real mac, isn't it more consistent and safer to also re-use other unique numbers like SmUUID and S/N?

@dekalb,

Its a good question and one which is open to debate at this moment in time .... my own feeling is that if you do have to use a cloned value from a broken or unused Mac that you own then you should try to use the minimal amount of cloned values to get iMessage working .... Like i've noted in several posts over the last few weeks things are in a state of flux at the moment with regards to Apples iMessage Validation protocols.

Cloning all of the values to use on a Hack that has a different System Type may lead to issues ... especial if you want to use the continuity and/or handoff features.

Right now it's a case of trying and seeing what you can get away with .... Sorry i cant be more specific, hopefully in time i'll be able to give a more concise answer.

Cheers
Jay

@dekalb,

Its a good question and one which is open to debate at this moment in time .... my own feeling is that if you do have to use a cloned value from a broken or unused Mac that you own then you should try to use the minimal amount of cloned values to get iMessage working .... Like i've noted in several posts over the last few weeks things are in a state of flux at the moment with regards to Apples iMessage Validation protocols.

Cloning all of the values to use on a Hack that has a different System Type may lead to issues ... especial if you want to use the continuity and/or handoff features.

Right now it's a case of trying and seeing what you can get away with .... Sorry i cant be more specific, hopefully in time i'll be able to give a more concise answer.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jay,

What about the "Board ID" - is that a generic value related to the system type or is it generated by Clover?

I note that my Hackintosh iMac14,2 Board ID is identical to the one in the images in your guide...

What about the "Board ID" - is that a generic value related to the system type or is it generated by Clover .... I note that my Hackintosh iMac14,2 Board ID is identical to the one in the images in your guide...

@happywombat,

The 'Board ID' can be thought of as a part number, each type of Mac has a different type of system board and the 'Board Id' identifies the type in the SMBIOS. It's not used (AFAIK) in anyway for validation purposes. You can accept the generated 'Board ID' from Chameleon Wizard or Clovers SMBIOS generator with no problems - is pretty much cosmetic on a Hackingtosh.

Cheers
Jay

My imessage is not working,i can only send messages to myself,i am able to sign in and sign out,when i try to send a message its telling me that the number is not registered with imessage.
Facetime is working.. are the imessage servers down?

My imessage is not working,i can only send messages to myself,i am able to sign in and sign out,when i try to send a message its telling me that the number is not registered with imessage.

Not really: https://downdetector.com/status/imessage

You got 6 working weeks and now they detected you --- apparently.

All I did is logged on to iMessage on MacBook Pro, checked all is working (it was),
-used serial number from this MacBook Pro in Chameleon Wizzard
-repaired permission
-reboot

got information that someone used my login on other machine and all is working fine:)

Using latest Chameleon, Yosemite 10.10.1, MacPro 3.1, Gigabyte Z77 UD5H, VGA GIGABYTE 6870 OC 1024MB 4 HDD connected, two of them are CCC of working systems of Mountain Lion and Yosemite, Windows 8 on SSD, 5.1 sound works, sleep works, Airport Express Time Machine works and finally iMessage WORKS!!!

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(2,2)</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Rename Partition</key>
<string>hd(2,1) Windows</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Chamatic</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Thanks Guys For All Your Effort End Input In To This
Happy New Year

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2015-01-18 o 20.03.08.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2015-01-18 o 20.03.08.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 188

Same here.
Can only send messages to myself.

I wasn't even able to try iMessage)
As soon as i cloned my macbook air rom and etc to my hack... its not working

@jaymonkey,

If I were to purchase the bare minimum equipment on eBay (a machine that will never be OS-loaded) to obtain a valid MLB, how low can I go?

Back