Contribute
Register
I must admit that when I read the reply to my post, I couldn't remember seeing a link either. I am pondering going the route of buying a broken motherboard to use as a source of numbers. I suppose it should work fine, but then that's the downside to hacking, the rules could change at any time, and without warning.

The thing I am not sure of is whether the newer boards have the required numbers printed on them?

@skyegreen42,

Unfortunately these latest changes to Apples verification protocols effect both old and new hacks. The details in the guide are still valid from the point of ensuring that all important system values are set correctly such as SmUUID ... and basic AppleID information.

I'm in the process of re-structuring the guide as it's long out-grown the single large post format which should make it easer for people to find the info they want. However reading the guide will give you a better understanding of how the iCloud and its services work. Its best to start with the section titled 'Guide Overview' and think of the news section at the very top of the guide as amendments ...

Cheers
Jay

Do you know if you are using a family sharing account (child account) will it effect all of the accounts linked to it? Also will this effect messages on iOS?

Thanks
Skye

Do you know if you are using a family sharing account (child account) will it effect all of the accounts linked to it? Also will this effect messages on iOS?

Thanks
Skye

yes it could affect your ios device, ipad wifi work without too much problem, but an iphone could start to send SMS messages instead of standard message apple

@jaymonkey

Can you please explain in your guide what the community should prefer for their "hacks"?
Waiting for a solution for "generated values" or try to use "extracted values" of (self-owning) genuine apple hardware which is no longer connected to iCloud Services like iMessage, AppStore, FaceTime, etc.

I think your following Text will not be very helpful for those people:
I'm using my old 2009 MacBook Pro 5,5 ID's (13 digit MLB) ...
Maybe you should specify what values have to be "used" for the hack instead of the defect "original" (only MLB+ROM or SmUUID+MLB+ROM or ?) or you should think about to modify this part of your guide not confusing the community...

yes it could affect your ios device, ipad wifi work without too much problem, but an iphone could start to send SMS messages instead of standard message apple

No evidence of this!! Also don't understand why you say it wont affect ipad but will affect iphone. If it did affect iOS (it doesn't) then why only iphones but not ipads? Utter rubbish.

Apple ban the MLB/ROM not the Apple ID. And as nobody is cloning a iOS device MLB/ROM for use on a hack, how can it affect iOS devices

I say that this has happened at home
my mac mini was blocked for 1 week
my iphone is set to send SMS messages during this time occasionally
my ipad wifi continue to send iMessage but there was a small blue wheel has turned quoting the recipient's name
as if he was trying to see if my recipient had an Apple ID

when I was sending iMessage has it myself but APPLE ID was no longer blue color

I can only agree with defbref.

This is the nature of "AppleID" and "Apple Devices"...

So... what is an AppleID?
An AppleID is YOUR personal Identification.
It is the Identification like your personal passport. It may also contains your payment preferences (credit card) and if you define telephone numbers or contact details, this will be the contact apple will be able to be in contact with you.

And what's about the Apple Device?
An Apple device is "only the Hardware-Part with numbers, etc". It's the Tool a person can work with - nothing "magic" more.
And the Apple device may change the owner during the lifetime for more than one person - not really ideal for Identification, sure?

A Device is registered TO an AppleID, not an AppleID TO a Device...
So if Apple bans a Combination of Serialnumbers (MLB/ROM/SmUUID,...) (which identifies only the Device) than the AppleID not automatically is affected.

The only thing could be that when a (not genuine) Device which is registered to an AppleID too often tries to use services with invalid serial numbers could automatically call an Apple internal protocol that "bans" (maybe only temporary) the used AppleID.
But in this scenario your families AppleIDs and Apple Devices are not affected.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

I say that this has happened at home
my mac mini was blocked for 1 week
my iphone is set to send SMS messages during this time occasionally
my ipad wifi continue to send iMessage but there was a small blue wheel has turned quoting the recipient's name
as if he was trying to see if my recipient had an Apple ID

when I was sending iMessage has it myself but APPLE ID was no longer blue color

I thought the same with continuity features but I realized that I only had to deactivate and reactivate Handoff/iMessage on my Devices to "re"-enable their functionality again after the december changes. Maybe this has to do something with the Keychain Changes...

I can see on my website operator my iphone the type of message to send with my iphone, my Mac Mini was blocked on December 31 and my iphone sent SMS the 1 and 2 January

my iphone never send SMS in 2 years, all my contacts on an iPhone

and yes for continuity if it does not work you have to close on icloud iDevice and reactivated

@jaymonkey

Can you please explain in your guide what the community should prefer for their "hacks"?

@pac-man,

Not really sure what your asking for ? .... if hardware then use Tony's latest Customac hardware guide, if you mean matching your hardware to a specific Apple Mac model type then I use Mac Tracker as detailed in the guide (Part-1, Step-3).

I think your following Text will not be very helpful for those people:

I'm using my old 2009 MacBook Pro 5,5 ID's (13 digit MLB) ...

Maybe you should specify what values have to be "used" for the hack instead of the defect "original" (only MLB+ROM or SmUUID+MLB+ROM or ?) or you should think about to modify this part of your guide not confusing the community...

I only use the MLB & ROM from my broken MacBook, all other ID's such as SmUUID and S/N are local generated using the steps from the guide - Have updated the above text to make this clearer.

Cheers
Jay

Back