Contribute
Register
I think a lot of you are failing to read the part where if you clone Ids, it needs to be from an INACTIVE system. so many users posting "i cloned my ID and used it on two machines and now message delivery fails". Please read through original post and other posts in this thread to figure out why this is happening to you. even if you sign out of that system, before doing it. You probably have to wait a while for it's token to expire before booting up clone with it, or as far as apple system will be concerned, it still has two registered machines using those values and it'll trigger the block. This is why old unused systems are the ideal ones. It's just a shame my old macbook pro is a 1,1 model from 2006. DOH!

I have yet to call apple back with my generated values to see if they'll pass the bill or not. I probably will at some point because i think they will work, at least until they tighten it up and find rom was generated from non apple interface. I thought about fixing that too but the thing is, they already whitelisted my rom in past so i figure i'm getting off calling back with same rom that is already whitelisted and just act dumb on why the whitelist stopped working (i know why it did, 17 char serial with a 3,1 instead of 13, which i have fixed now).

This is not strictly true. I cloned my macbook air ID's including serial no and model id and used it with imessages flawlessly throughout October, December, December and Jan.... I used both machines alot and at times had them both on to the same network logged in... The one thing I avoided was logging in and out of imessages. I guess I just got lucky!?

I have recently changed my hac i.d. now as I was worried about losing imessage functionality and getting blacklisted numbers. I've cloned an old work (my business) imac which is still on Lion and won't ever be upgraded to use imessage (back office invoice workhorse). That needed one phone call to apple to reg the machine to my apple id and it worked straight away... the apple lady even explained they'd tightened up user security and they now had to link machine id's to apple users id's the first time Imessage is used on an older machine.

I've been cloning the MLB, ROM Serial numbers model ID and uuid code....infact all the info i could easily find and change. Seemed safer to make everything as identical as i could to avoid future issues.

I'd much prefer not to clone id..... but until there's no easily generated codes solution it seems the easiest way to maintain full functionality .. i've only used i.d from machines i own...so any fallout would be on my own head and affect my user ID.

I think a lot of you are failing to read the part where if you clone Ids, it needs to be from an INACTIVE system. so many users posting "i cloned my ID and used it on two machines and now message delivery fails". Please read through original post and other posts in this thread to figure out why this is happening to you. even if you sign out of that system, before doing it. You probably have to wait a while for it's token to expire before booting up clone with it, or as far as apple system will be concerned, it still has two registered machines using those values and it'll trigger the block. This is why old unused systems are the ideal ones. It's just a shame my old macbook pro is a 1,1 model from 2006. DOH!

I have yet to call apple back with my generated values to see if they'll pass the bill or not. I probably will at some point because i think they will work, at least until they tighten it up and find rom was generated from non apple interface. I thought about fixing that too but the thing is, they already whitelisted my rom in past so i figure i'm getting off calling back with same rom that is already whitelisted and just act dumb on why the whitelist stopped working (i know why it did, 17 char serial with a 3,1 instead of 13, which i have fixed now).

I didn't clone nothing,everything was generated on my system ;).

breaktrough :D for people who have genuine mac blacklisted, after over 2 weeks without working iMessage on my macbook pro i tried to do this:

connect to all the different account who had been activated using the cloned id of my macbook pro on the mackintoshes (in total i had 3 hackintoshes one for my dad one for my brother and one for me all this had the same cloned rom from my macbook pro)
so first step is to go back to automatically generated values as its written also here and then try to reconnect from the hackintoshes
after you do this try to connect iMessage not from your account but from the account used on the hackintoshes, and strangely enough mine was not working but my brother s id was working fine on my macbook, so after i connected with his on iMessage and FaceTime i tried to connect mine a few minute later and it worked!

Hey guys,

I used my MLB & ROM from my original MBPr, can log in to iMsg alright.

But, when I send messages they are tagged as "delivered", but they never reach the recipient.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

read a couple pages back.
Youll see others like you.

@ydp, is your smUUID also cloned?

Nope. Maybe I'm an anomaly, but my smUUID is generated. IIRC I built it according to this guide, and I made a new one according to those steps but with the ROM and MLB of my MBP.

I have also not logged into or out of Messages since then.

Also, I called Apple with my previous values and they did the unblock—that we all tried around December—and it failed. So maybe I had some sort of whitelist on my account and I somehow got my hack in there with my MBP values before they could flag it?

What I really don't understand is that I remember at one of the Apple announcements that they were talking about opening up their messaging platform to other systems. I don't know what happened with that, but I think it would be a smart move on their part, like it was when they made an iTunes version for Windows. If they made an alternative to tradition SMS like they have and opened it up widely it'd kill. Instead we have this broken text message system and what not. It's all data through a network. Who cares? They've got one of the largest pipes around.

I think that despite the hard work that people are doing to it working
the best thing to do to not be found with problems is to buy an old ipad Mini on ebay for iMessage and FaceTime

@ydp, thanks for your reply. For now, my suspicions of the smUUID are shifted more toward it being used as a means to track the ban, as transferring a banned smUUID from a MBA induced similar behavior in my hack.

Back