Contribute
Register
Hi,

reading the post about the 13 character long MLB, I decided to try and boot with one of those. Tried to log in with an AppleID that hasn't been unlocked by calling Apple and I'm getting the customer code at this window
oKyuAPZ.png
Yet if I try with one account that was unlocked by Apple I get the list with addresses people can send me messages and the send read receipt checkbox but after that but after that it automaticlly logs out and a customer code appears on the preferences from Messages, this window
43TMcDA.png

If I go back to the regular length MLB, both accounts get me the customer code on the first window.

May this difference be that the unlocked one is the one I regularly use, it's logged in into iCloud, and maybe there is some data stored in the computer that let's the unlocked account go a step further? Or maybe it's something else?

Obviously I can always press the "Not now" button on the first window, to skip the setup and try and log in from the preferences where I'll get always the code. But I wonder why that happens, with the different accounts.

I think the real problem why it's not recommended is because we don't know what kind of long term damage it will cause.

For example: People start using IDs from real Macs, Apple notices, Apple then decides to add more security which may cause us to never get iMessage/FaceTime to work ever again.

In fact, they may decide to just put an end to Hackintosh's. Right now, it doesn't seem like they care, but if we start duplicating IDs, they might start caring.

Luckily for me my friend never use iMessage or Facetime on that MAC and have never active before. Anyway it works for me and that's all I need.

I was able to get facetime on 10.10.1 working by installing Maverick then Yosemite. I followed the Unibeast method along with Chamelon Wizard to generate serial. When I run Imessage debug it tells me ROM & MLB failed, but facetime still worked. The moment I install clover, ROM & MLB no longer shows failed and now has a numeric value. This causes facetime not to work. Is there a way to install clover and prevent changes to ROM & MLB?

how to find mlb rom
on mac os x 10.3.9 panther
thanks !

I installed Mavericks from scratch and again i had the same code starting with 1234.... then i used imessage_debbug and saw MLB was 17 digits and changed with 13 digits, i had a new code for imessage starting with 921.... not 1234,i called them and unblock my imessage,now everything works.

@mattystonnie,

I've not been able to replicate this in my environment so lets break this down to make sure i understand what you did ....

• Clean install of Mavericks booting with Chameleon/FileNVRAM boot-loader.
  • Your using the same set of ID's as you always have but have now changed MLB to 13 Digits ?
  • Running iMessage got you the usual Call Apple alert with a new customer code.
  • You called Apple, gave them code and now iMessage is working
  • You are able to log-in and out of iMessage and it continues to work as normal ?
Can you please confirm if the above is true ?

When you changed your MLB to 13 digits did you simply remove the last 4 digits or generate new MLB and only use first 13 digits ?

Where did you get the notion to change MLB to 13 digits ? ... i simply can not get my head around this, it makes no sense what so ever and would fail the most basic of ID verification checks ?

Cheers
Jay

Im throwing the idea out that maybe apple's checks are designed to check for the correct number of MLB digits that are 'fake'. It could be a limitation/short sight not to check ALL MLB values.

On a side note my iMessage is still working correctly. I haven't logged out in weeks. Im kinda scared to do it now but part of me is curious to see whether Im affected.

@jaymonkey

with mlb 13 Digits that funktioniert

mlb 13 Digits -> latest Clover -> rom (mac addresse)

than call apple and all funktioniert on yosemite 10.10.1

thanks !

Im throwing the idea out that maybe apple's checks are designed to check for the correct number of MLB digits that are 'fake'. It could be a limitation/short sight not to check ALL MLB values.

If they are checking if a MLB is fake, instead if looking if the MLB is stored in some database of theirs, then it's just a matter of finding how the last digits of the MLB are generated on real macs instead of putting in random characters.

Regarding the 13 character long, if it really works, it could simply be a bug in the code of whatever security measures they deployed last week.

If they are checking if a MLB is fake, instead if looking if the MLB is stored in some database of theirs, then it's just a matter of finding how the last digits of the MLB are generated on real macs instead of putting in random characters.

Regarding the 13 character long, if it really works, it could simply be a bug in the code of whatever security measures they deployed last week.

today is this, tomorrow will be roms and then it will be the end of the game, cos you ll need everything original..

omg this is so hard!!! after hour of reading i am really tired :D thanks but.. its really hard for me :/

any simplest way? lol :D

Back