Contribute
Register
legit macbook pro here, MacBookPro11,1.

xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx:MLB
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
000000: 43 30 32 34 30 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx 52 31 |C0240xxxxxxxxxR1|
000010: 45 |E|

Last edited:
I had my MLB split in two lines, with the second one just having one character/byte
000000: 43 ...
000010: 43

Number of Bytes making up the MLB .... eg: 17
Number of Characters in the string .... eg: 17
Your System Type .... eg: MacBookPro 11,1
Last four digits of OSX S/N .... eg: G3QH
First five hex values of MLB .... eg: 43 30 32 34 33
Last three hex values of MLB .... eg: 48 31 43

I had a similar output.
000000: and 000010:
If I counted both, That would make 17 for me also.

I finally got my iMessages/FaceTime to work with legit MLB and one more call to support :silent: Problem that I have now is that all my contacts are red and it says that they arent registrated with imessage, what is that now ? :mad:

Number of Bytes making up the MLB .... 17
Number of Characters in the string .... 17
Your System Type .... MacBookPro11,1
Last four digits of OSX S/N .... FTPJ
First five hex values of MLB .... 43 30 32 33 34
Last three hex values of MLB .... 52 31 45

My dump looks like this:
Code:
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx:MLB
000000: 43 30 32 33 34 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx 52 31  |C0234xxxxxxxxxR1|
000010: 45                                               |E|
If this is a "standard" type of hex/ascii dump, you're always going to get the same number of ASCII chars as bytes? and if the byte doesn't correlate to an alphanumeric it will just be a '.'

On a side note I had something really peculiar happen: I was having the latest symptoms described in the "Latest News .... 27th Nov 2014" post. However, before I read all the recommendations not to, I used the MLB & ROM from this MacBookPro, everything else generated in Clover Configurator and iMessage logged right in and I've been getting tx/rx msg's showing up, however the Messaging App is doing some strange in the preferences box, it won't show me any settings (this is Yosemite 10.10.1 + after reboot):

iMessagePrefs.png
I can't sign out LOL.

Also, just for the sake of asking to keep the thoughts flowing: what makes us think that the MLB/BoardSerialNumber has anything to do with the regular box SerialNumber? They don't show much correlation on my good MacBP. This is a refurb machine though, maybe the board s/n don't match the box s/n (???)
Also the ROM on the legit machine isn't my en0 ether address (or any other nic address)

I also have my MLB split in two lines, with the second one just having one character/byte
000000: 43 ...
000010: 43

Number of Bytes making up the MLB 17
Number of Characters in the string 17
Your System Type MacBookAir4,2
Last four digits of OSX S/N DJWT
First five hex values of MLB 43 30 32 32 30
Last three hex values of MLB 57 41 43

Seems I need 75 posts to send a PM. :)

Number of Bytes making up the MLB .... 16
Number of Characters in the string .... 16
Your System Type .... eg: iMac 11,3
Last four digits of OSX S/N .... eg: FGXU
First five hex values of MLB .... eg: 43 30 32 30 33
Last three hex values of MLB .... eg: 30 4a 31

I spoofed this machine with my Dell and imessage/etc worked on Yosemite, I'll run the comparison numbers there before I remove the values till this community figures this out.

I think you may have a mistake in your post. MLB is usually split in 2 lines, see the other posts. I almost post 16, but then I realized it was actually 17 bytes, and 17 characters in the string.

@mattystonnie,

I've not been able to replicate this in my environment so lets break this down to make sure i understand what you did ....

• Clean install of Mavericks booting with Chameleon/FileNVRAM boot-loader.
  • Your using the same set of ID's as you always have but have now changed MLB to 13 Digits ?
  • Running iMessage got you the usual Call Apple alert with a new customer code.
  • You called Apple, gave them code and now iMessage is working
  • You are able to log-in and out of iMessage and it continues to work as normal ?
Can you please confirm if the above is true ?

When you changed your MLB to 13 digits did you simply remove the last 4 digits or generate new MLB and only use first 13 digits ?

Where did you get the notion to change MLB to 13 digits ? ... i simply can not get my head around this, it makes no sense what so ever and would fail the most basic of ID verification checks ?

Cheers
Jay

Clean install of Mavericks 10.9.5 with Clover i put the old id's used in Yosemite but didn't work,then i installed chameleon and i saw that FaceTime is working but no imessage,then installed back Clover and put the old id's but instead of 17 caracters for the mlb i used 13, I TOOK OUT 4 numbers from the middle then i called Apple with the new code and everything works perfectly.
The notion of MLB 13 digits i took from here,people was reporting that is working.

I think you may have a mistake in your post. MLB is usually split in 2 lines, see the other posts. I almost post 16, but then I realized it was actually 17 bytes, and 17 characters in the string.

Maybe, however Jay only asked for address: 000000: 000010: would likely be something for a different value. Of course, I'm not an expert in these parts; it's just an ignorant assumption based on my experience.
In any case, I edited the value in the original post. Thanks for the note!

@NiceGuyEddie: I spoofed my iMac and have signed in/out several times with my Dell today. I even linked text forwarding and have tested it. I had do delete all the accounts and add them back in after spoofing the iMac. Did a quick restore ion the chat.db* and Attachments folder and rebooted. So far, so good.

I'm just going to pick up an 09 Mac Pro locally. I'm in the probably shouldn't spoof a real Mac camp. I watch for spoofed addresses at work, it's pretty easy to do and catch.

I had a similar output.
000000: and 000010:
If I counted both, That would make 17 for me also.

Correct .... the output of the dawin dump file is formatted to 16 bytes per line so if MLB is 17 bytes then it would be as in both your examples .... spread across two lines

This is great guys, but please everyone .... keep them coming .... I'd already suspected that different Apple models have a different MLB length ... but i wasn't sure until these results started coming in...

In the past a random 17 digit string has always sufficed for MLB ie: OSX S/N + random characters.

Suggesting that the length of the MLB has not been critical until recently.

It's possible that we simply need to have a MLB the correct length for the system type we're using but i doubt it will be that simple......?

More research needed ...

Cheers
Jay

Correct .... the output of the dawin dump file is formatted to 16 bytes per line so if MLB is 17 bytes then it would be as in both your examples .... spread across two lines

This is great guys, but please everyone .... keep them coming .... I'd already suspected that different Apple models have a different MLB length ... but i wasn't sure until these results started coming in...

In the past a random 17 digit string has always sufficed for MLB ie: OSX S/N + random characters.

Suggesting that the length of the MLB has not been critical until recently.

It's possible that we simply need to have a MLB the correct length for the system type we're using but i doubt it will be that simple......?

More research needed ...

Cheers
Jay

Jay, I noticed that my MLB string starts with W8 which may or may not be the country code for China.
Maybe the MLB has a particular format like the main serial number of the computer.

Perhaps others could include the first two characters of their MLB string (not the hex value) ?

Back