Contribute
Register
I would assume if it doesn't have ethernet, it would be the MAC of the Wifi Card.

Just a thought. I imagine the succession goes firewire>ethernet>wifi. If one doesn't have firewire, it's ethernet. If one doesn't have ethernet, it's wifi. Then again, it could be the MAC of the Thunderbolt port, if it even has one which it very well may not.

Like many here, I also appear to be locked out of iMessage and FaceTime. Everything was working fine on my Yosemite 10.10 install, but then I did a fresh install because of something stupid I did :oops:. I kept the same Serial and ROM and MLB and set them all in Clover Config. But on this new install iMessages and FaceTime don't work and give me the code. I checked all the steps of the guide and it was fine and Last time I got the code I called and it was fixed quickly. This time they couldn't get it working! Maybe I shouldn't have upgraded to 10.10.1 :banghead:

If I have to use a real ROM and MLB, I guess I could use the one from my old Macbook Pro which can't upgrade past Snow Leopard. Does anyone know how to find the ROM and MLB in Snow Leopard? iMessageDebug doesn't work.

Like many here, I also appear to be locked out of iMessage and FaceTime. Everything was working fine on my Yosemite 10.10 install, but then I did a fresh install because of something stupid I did :oops:. I kept the same Serial and ROM and MLB and set them all in Clover Config. But on this new install iMessages and FaceTime don't work and give me the code. I checked all the steps of the guide and it was fine and Last time I got the code I called and it was fixed quickly. This time they couldn't get it working! Maybe I shouldn't have upgraded to 10.10.1 :banghead:

If I have to use a real ROM and MLB, I guess I could use the one from my old Macbook Pro which can't upgrade past Snow Leopard. Does anyone know how to find the ROM and MLB in Snow Leopard? iMessageDebug doesn't work.

nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM

nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB

Have you logged out and in recently?

It's down for me too as of this morning, will have to find that old original MBA I have lying somwhere..:(

Good morning guys. I have a problem a little weird. First of all, I want to thank the entire community, that makes all this possible. I have almost perfect hackintosh thanks to this community. Almost perfect, the only thing that doesn't work is iMessage. I have Yosemite with Clover, iTunes and Appstore running. When I enter my data in iMessage for 5 seconds it seems that everything is going well, after 5 seconds I get the message: "An error occurred during activation. Try again". I've tried several solutions and none worked. I would appreciate any ideas.

I had similar issue. The only difference was that after 5 seconds of working I got the call apple message :(

does anyone think it would work to pull the MLB and ROM off a late 2006 macbook running lion (10.7.5)? i don't believe that model is capable of running any newer version of OS X, thus it's incapable of even running imessage concurrently. that old laptop is basically a paperweight now, so it would be ideal if i could borrow its MLB and ROM and use it for my hackintosh. i also have a newer early 2014 MBP that i could from which i could take the MLB and ROM, but i'm more weary of borrowing from another computer i actively use all the time.

i'm not home at the moment, which is why i ask instead of just impulsively trying. if you guys know for sure that won't work, then i won't even bother when i get home.

thanks in advance.

nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM

nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB

Thanks. If I get these and put them in will it work even though it already tells me to call them with the code? Or will I still have to call? Or if not would I be able to get in if I made a new apple ID and used the new ROM and MLB?

Thanks to everyone.
I tried injecting MLB and ROM values from my macbook air, I used Clover configurator, I checked changes in config file. Rebooted, but debug tool keeps showing me the previous values, therefore no iMessage yet. Any ideas?

i tried to clone my macbook values on my hackintosh result could not boot with clover anymore, and eventually it just got corrupted the whole system and now i have to reinstall everything for the 9th time !!! guys seriously is there anything that works right now to fix iMessage and FaceTime, right when i had it fixed apple now is doing this... i m thinking to just do screen sharing with my mac on my hackintosh and use it that way until someone finds an easy effective way..

Back