Contribute
Register
if I need to use MLB and ROM values from a real Mac, I can always use the one from my brother (he ownes a macbook late 2008 or 2009 cant remember) but what imapct might thid have for him as he also uses imessage? Thanks for clearing this up :)

other alternative: I have a colleague that has a macbook from 2006 which he doesnt use anymore, could I take the MLB and ROM values form there?

john,

Run ImessageDebug from real mac to obtain ROM/MLB.

If you are using Clover Configurator, just input it under RTVariables. Or edit config file as follow:

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MLB</key>
<string>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</string> *17 in length digits and num
<key>ROM</key>
<data>AAAAAAAAAAAA</data> *12 in length hex
</dict>

@vtecvsix; @jaymonkey
I had the opportunity to use iMessagedebug on a MacMini 2009 and the output is singular. S/N consists of 11 alpha/numeric digits, as expected, as a MacPro 3.1. What perplexes me was the "Board Serial Number", which is 13 digits instead of 17. I think it would be helpful if someone can repeat the experiment with a real MacPro 3,1, since many use this "System Definition".

Anyone know why a Mac mini 4,1 would only output a 13 character MLB?

I currently have a iMac 13,2 smbios - and will be switching to a Mac mini 6,2.

My question : Do I put the new MLB in clover as my serial board number?

I'll be setting up a new uuidgen, random serial, and using the ROM and MLB values from the Mac mini, that it?

Thanks !!

Yes that's it. Did it work using the 13 character MLB?

if I need to use MLB and ROM values from a real Mac, I can always use the one from my brother (he ownes a macbook late 2008 or 2009 cant remember) but what imapct might thid have for him as he also uses imessage? Thanks for clearing this up :)

other alternative: I have a colleague that has a macbook from 2006 which he doesnt use anymore, could I take the MLB and ROM values form there?

The implications of using the MLB and ROM values from a real mac on a hackintosh with a different system type go from nothing bad happens (it appears to be so for now) to S/N, MLB, ROM, AppleID gets blacklisted (no cases reported here recently).

My imessage and FaceTime stopped working Yosemite 10.10.1 :( its giving me the new code call support.
I installed Mavericks 10.9.5 and put in the correct ROM/MLB that was working with yosemite 1 week ago and its giving me "error during activation'' not the code error!!,i checked with imessage_debug and everything is all right but can't login.
What is strange that i installed multibeast,chameleon and i was able to login to FaceTime (only FaceTime video works ,no FaceTime audio), checked with imessage_debug and everything looks bad but FaceTime works!!!, with clover everything looks all right but nothing works.
So someone figure out how to fix this please :(

Looks like Apple has changed the selfsolve site referenced in Step-3 of part 1.

icloud , appstore work , imessage no working :( . any ideas ?

thanks in advanced

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    66 KB · Views: 463
  • 2.png
    2.png
    292.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 3.png
    3.png
    243.5 KB · Views: 279
  • 4.png
    4.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 202
You should not have to convert ALL keys, only 2 keys. My ROM return something like this:

%a1%a1%a1'!%a1 The % is just space and not used. So look for characters that are NOT alphanumeric or % and convert those.

Notice the '!? Of course this is just an example and won't be exactly like yours. That's not an alphanumeric and needs to be converted from ASCII to hex. '=27 !=21 so the ROM will be
a1a1a12721a1. You will end up with 12

Or you could have your parents run ImessageDebug2 (Mountain Lion or higher) attached on page1 and it will show the exact MLB/ROM

My parents are still running Lion on their mac mini, so iMessage debug doesn't work.
Using the nvram ROM scripts, I get something like this;`%Rr3%r3r%r3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would be 27Rr3r3rr3. Thats only 10 characters. Any the MLB is still only 13. Should I just try these values in clover and hope for the best?

Thanks

Back