Contribute
Register
My parents are still running Lion on their mac mini, so iMessage debug doesn't work.
Using the nvram ROM scripts, I get something like this;`%Rr3%r3r%r3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would be 27Rr3r3rr3. Thats only 10 characters. Any the MLB is still only 13. Should I just try these values in clover and hope for the best?

Thanks

You have to convert the asci characters to hex. Leave the hex values and change only asci to hex.

at the end you will have 12 digits for rom, convert this to base64

after reboot when running nvram you will see the same rom like on the original one.

mlb with 13 characters work

You have to convert the asci characters to hex. Leave the hex values and change only asci to hex.

at the end you will have 12 digits for rom, convert this to base64

after reboot when running nvram you will see the same rom like on the original one.

mlb with 13 characters work

I'm confused, I thought the only ascii character in my example was ' . I know to leave out the %.

Example:

ROM Ra0,b1/c3 would be in HEX 52a02cb12fc3

R = 0x52
a0 = 0xa0
, = 0x2c
b1= 0xb1
/ = 0x2f
c3 = 0xc3

To put in config.plist I would recommend to convert the HEX to Base64

HEX = 52a02cb12fc3
Base64 = UqAssS/D

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>ROM</key>
<data>UqAssS/D</data>
</dict>

http://tomeko.net/online_tools/hex_to_base64.php?lang=en

If you run "nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM" it will give you the same output like on a real mac.

I have had the call Apple Support message a few times now while messing with Clover and Yosemite and it has always been fixed after calling Apple Support with the code. My system and iMessage/Facetime were stable for a couple of weeks.

Yesterday i did a BIOS upgrade on my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH to F12 and got the call Apple Support dialogue with the code number again. Unfortunately, after calling and quoting the code, they are unable to fix the problem and my iMessage is still not working and asking to call Apple with the code. I have stable MLB and ROM values throughout the period.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Please Help!

I have had the call Apple Support message a few times now while messing with Clover and Yosemite and it has always been fixed after calling Apple Support with the code. My system and iMessage/Facetime were stable for a couple of weeks.

Yesterday i did a BIOS upgrade on my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH to F12 and got the call Apple Support dialogue with the code number again. Unfortunately, after calling and quoting the code, they are unable to fix the problem and my iMessage is still not working and asking to call Apple with the code. I have stable MLB and ROM values throughout the period.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Please Help!

As stated in the previous 7 pages of the thread, you need real ROM and MLB values in order to login to iMessage and FaceTime. It appears apple's backend servers are checking ROM and MLB values going forward (over the past 7 days).

Use a real mac's ROM and MLB values, inject those into clover rtvariables and you're good to go.
If the mac is running mountain lion and above, you can use iMessage debug on the desired mac, and extract the values, paste them into clover, save and reboot, log back into iMessage. you'll have to call apple support to unlock the account, but after that it will be good to go.

Example:

ROM Ra0,b1/c3 would be in HEX 52a02cb12fc3

To put in config.plist I would recommend to convert the HEX to Base64

HEX = 52a02cb12fc3
Base64 = UqAssS/D

http://tomeko.net/online_tools/hex_to_base64.php?lang=en

If you run "nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM" it will give you the same output like on a real mac.

Success! thanks Madman.

I kept the values in HEX and just pasted them into Clover.

For everyone else ****** 13 character MLB WORKS *******

Does anyone know if the MLB and ROM numbers, etc. can be extracted from a non-booting MacBook Air? Are these numbers printed on any internal hardware? Or stored in a file on the SDD?

I have a dead 2008 MacBook Air that (RAM died), and would love to use that for my Hackintosh iMessages, but I can't get it to boot, hence the question.

YESS!!the 13 digits MLB gived me the old code numbers "call apple support" now i have to call them to lift the block,this is good news.

Does anyone know if the MLB and ROM numbers, etc. can be extracted from a non-booting MacBook Air? Are these numbers printed on any internal hardware? Or stored in a file on the SDD?

I have a dead 2008 MacBook Air that (RAM died), and would love to use that for my Hackintosh iMessages, but I can't get it to boot, hence the question.

The SN# of the MLB is printed on the logicboard. You have to open the MacBook. But I don't know where you will find the ROM #

Back