Contribute
Register
After creating a new MLB number I noticed that my 12 digit customer code is different. I am assuming that is a good thing.

@cliffg,

You have miss-matched ID's on Apple's systems which is causing an Authentication token Issue. Suggest you perform the following steps from the guide.

Note: You should disconnect from the internet before starting, that way any incremental ID changes will not be detected by Apple.Use another machine to follow the guide or save it local first, along with any files/utilities required.

• Read Part 2 of the guide Up to Step 7, check if you have the SId bug, if so fix it
  • Generate all new Identities for your system, see Part-1, Step 3
  • Check for persistent MLB & ROM values, see Part-1, Step 5d
  • Perform all of step 4 and 5e
Reconnect to internet and try again, if you get the contact Apple alert with a customer code then follow step 8 in Part-2 .

Suggest your read the whole guide first then perform the above steps in that order

Cheers
Jay

Hello, I have exactly the same problem, and I have already tried what you have said, but it is still not work. I don't even get the customer code error. Can you help me with that? I have working nvram, genarated all new smbios, terminated new uuidgen, even ROM and MLB, but still no hope. Hope to see your reply soon

If you have problems, go thru the WHOLE GUIDE, not just setting up MLB and ROM!!

I have twice had problems that the WHOLE GUIDE solved. One was ethernet not being en0, and the other deleting the various plists suggested by the guide solved it.

Too many people are rushing to just get clover and ROM and MLB set up and then posting they have problems. When you come across a problem, please go thru the WHOLE OF THE GUIDE, before posting you may well find you can solve it by doing this.

If you have problems, go thru the WHOLE GUIDE, not just setting up MLB and ROM!!

I have twice had problems that the WHOLE GUIDE solved. One was ethernet not being en0, and the other deleting the various plists suggested by the guide solved it.

Too many people are rushing to just get clover and ROM and MLB set up and then posting they have problems. When you come across a problem, please go thru the WHOLE OF THE GUIDE, before posting you may well find you can solve it by doing this.

believe me, I have go thru the WHOLE GUIDES for 2 days, and still not make it, that's why I ask for help
I'm using Clover, no Sid prob, NVRAM , MBL ROM freshly generated. So I'm stuck and don't know what to do next.

I wasn't aiming the message particularly at you BeckhamBa07, just a reminder for people that there is more to getting imessage working than setting clover up.

So whats the message you get exactly? and your sure nothing has changed on your system since you last had imessage working.

I am using a GA-H87M-D3H. Is there even a DSDT for this motherboard? I couldn't find on TonyMac's DSDT list.
Yes there is and you won't found one because is not a good idea to use the dsdt of someone else. What you can find are the patches for your MB. If you provide a clean DSDT of your mobo I'll try to patch it. You can do it yourself if you log im PJALM repo (pjalm.com), download the patches for your mobo and apply it with MaciAsl.
Have you solved your ethernet issue?

I wasn't aiming the message particularly at you BeckhamBa07, just a reminder for people that there is more to getting imessage working than setting clover up.

So whats the message you get exactly? and your sure nothing has changed on your system since you last had imessage working.

Thank you for your message
iMessage show "cannot activate" message, while facetime get IDS auth-token error. I followed all the guide and feel nothing wrong. Maybe it just doesn't work on my laptop

I was having same issue as many above. I made sure everything was set as it was supposed to be and kept getting the activation error. What ended up working for me is changing my MLB value. I was initially confused as to what I was doing wrong. I used clover configurator and imessage_debug and I filled in the values like the guide said, but things still weren't working. I realized I had a bad MLB value. The value I got from imessage_debug and inputting into clover config was not 17 digits, but I completely overlooked this. I added 5 random characters to the end of that value to fix this. So just because you used debug and Clover configurator or Chameleon wizard, and followed whoever's guide could still mean your values may not be correct!

That's why so many people recommend starting from beginning of guide and going through step by step. When you start from the middle you are making the assumption that you did things correctly in the previous steps, which may not be the case.

@spos86,

For older chip-sets i tend to use iMac13,1 which seems to work well on most older systems but I've never tried it with a GA-X58A mobo. Best bet is to disconnect form the internet and give it a go. If iMac13,1 doesn't work then try a different system type.

Once the system seems stable and all your hardware is working then make sure all your ID's are correct as detailed in the guide. Do a few shutdowns/reboots and use iMessage Debug to ensure everything is stable and persistent before reconnecting to the internet.

You'll probably have to call Apple to activate iMessage but you should be fine, just follow the method detailed in Part-2, Step-8 of the guide.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the tip. iMac 13,1 seems to do the trick. The prompted message changed from cannot activate to call Apple which seems to be a step in the right direction.

I am still getting awful system performance with Clover when compared to Chimera... such a bummer!

@cliffg,

You have miss-matched ID's on Apple's systems which is causing an Authentication token Issue. Suggest you perform the following steps from the guide.

Note: You should disconnect from the internet before starting, that way any incremental ID changes will not be detected by Apple.Use another machine to follow the guide or save it local first, along with any files/utilities required.

• Read Part 2 of the guide Up to Step 7, check if you have the SId bug, if so fix it
  • Generate all new Identities for your system, see Part-1, Step 3
  • Check for persistent MLB & ROM values, see Part-1, Step 5d
  • Perform all of step 4 and 5e
Reconnect to internet and try again, if you get the contact Apple alert with a customer code then follow step 8 in Part-2 .

Suggest your read the whole guide first then perform the above steps in that order

Cheers
Jay

Thank you!!! I had this same problem and generating new Identities worked (I have Clover).

Back