Contribute
Register
if it works on mountain lion, it should also Yosemite, it's amazing the update Yosemite should not touch the EFI partition, just checked the Ethernet card and stay well en0

you can also try to make a new config.plist SMBIOS IMAC without uuid, mlb, ROM / to reboot
Uuidgen LAUNCHED IN THE TERMINAL / COPY RESULT IN CLOVER UUID / to reboot
LAUNCHED iMessage DEBUG, IF YOU DID NOT ERROR MLB, MLB COPY, ROM RESULT IN CLOVER / restarted

you have
/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/FSInject-64.efi/
EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/HFSPlus.efi
/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi ???

you have
/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/FSInject-64.efi/
EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/HFSPlus.efi
/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi ???

No, I just have...

FSInject-64.efi
OsXAptioFixDrv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

That guide (post #1) said to only install OsXAptioFixDrv-64.efi in the post-installation.
Everything boots fine, so I don't see how those other things would effect iMessage.

Has anyone else had iMessage stop working for them in the past few days? I did a fresh install of Yosemite and had to call Apple with a code to get iMessage working. After this, iMessage worked fine for about 5 days, and then today suddenly it began giving me the activation error pop up. Here's a copy of the log:

10/30/14 12:15:32.311 PM identityservicesd[269]: [Warning] Registration failed for Registration info (0x7fdab8e647e0): [Registered: NO] [Type: AppleID] [Device Name: xxx [Service Type: iMessage] [Env: (null)] [Main ID: [email protected]] [Phone Number: [email protected]] [AppleID: [email protected]] [UserID: E:[email protected]] [C2K: YES] [Push Token: <f79ebb46 f788a83b a16e96ab f4555f98 b5573a0b 459327c7 02b666a3 25cd1823>] [Region ID: R:US] [Base Number: +10000000000] [URIs: ()] [Candidates: ([email protected], +00000000000)] [Auth Cert: 0x7fdab8c15120] [Reg Cert: 0x0] [Profile ID: D:0000000000] [Auth User ID: D:0000000000] [Heartbeat Date: (null)] (Error: 9)

I removed emails, phone numbers and User ID's just in case.

I've gone through the guide on the first page (deleted files in Library and its subfolders, made sure my SystemID was working, checking Serial Number, etc.) and I'm using Clover. Any help would be great.

Yes, same here, i got exact the same output in console. Also had that customer code to call apple after a fresh yosemite install, but wasn't able to do so because it was too late to call them that day. When i wanted to check the code again next day i got the activation error.

Did double check ROM, MLB, etc, all fine and persistent. Really don't know where to start now..

Has anyone else had iMessage stop working for them in the past few days?..

No, it's working fine for me here. Since I did an in-place upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite, the installer even created the recovery partition (on first reboot) which made 'Find My Mac' working as well, post-install.

Perhaps you need a valid serial like I do and not just some random one generated via Clover Configurator?

Also, my Ethernet is a genuine Apple Dual Gigabit Ethernet PCIe card.

No, it's working fine for me here. Since I did an in-place upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite, the installer even created the recovery partition (on first reboot) which made 'Find My Mac' working as well, post-install.

Perhaps you need a valid serial like I do and not just some random one generated via Clover Configurator?

Also, my Ethernet is a genuine Apple Dual Gigabit Ethernet PCIe card.

Perhaps, but that's not a fix I can easily test. I will note, however, that I also have a recovery partition and Find My Mac set up from my clean install, although I haven't tested Find My Mac.

My best guess as of right now is that Apple implemented stricter checks on their side which caused this, but I don't want to rule out a mistake on my end

I'm having big troubles with iMessage and Facetime.
After finally updating to iOS 8 i wanted to try the new Continuity feature. The first time everything went well but after that it kicked me out of iMessage and Facetime and since then i can't log back in. Everything worked well (except sometimes waiting for 40 minutes on the apple care hotline :) ) but now im getting the error: "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again." I tried everything but still no luck. Im using clover and have a full smbios and all rtvariables complete.

Could someone help me please?

I installed it, but it didn't help :(
Still get the same error.
tried to do a fresh install, without importing User Account a system installation would be less modified
a minimum of kexts, no DSDT.aml if possible
What is the model of your network card? intel, realtek?

Back