Contribute
Register
Ok, got it working. I know that it's not the best solution but im using MLB and ROM Values of my macbook now.
I did experiment with other values for ROM and MLB and double checked that all other requirements are fullfilled but nothing worked. As its is my own macbook i got the values from im not too worried about it although i would like to use unique numbers for my hack.

Damn, wish I had a real Mac :(
Still get the activation error. No idea what to do next :(

Is using the MLB and ROM values from a MacBook pro that I own considered safe on an iMac smbios?

Is using the MLB and ROM values from a MacBook pro that I own considered safe on an iMac smbios?

At least it works, but i don't know how apple is going to handle this. We will see....

As I said, unique numbers for each machine should be preferred.

jaymonkey,

I didn't use magic wand on mavericks - I was using plist file provided by friend that installed osx on similar machine. Back then i called apple and enabled imessage on those values but only for a short while

Now I'm on yosemite so i should keep values that was working fine for 2 weeks?

@Majkwin,

If you haven't changed the ID's your likely have issues .... if not now then at some point in the future, you should really have a full set of unique ID's including MLB, ROM, SmUUID & S/N.

The guide covers how you can change/generate each of these values .. its possible your mate already did this before sending you the config.plist to you so check with him first ...

Cheers
Jay

Hey guys got a little silly question. I'm setting up my MLB and ROM, i ran the iMessage debug tool and got my 17 character # but I'm confused on the ROM. i got a 12 alphanumeric # but it has a space in between.. its like "xxxxxxxx xxxx" when i add in into clover Rt Variable do i add it with the space in between or add in as xxxxxxxxxxxx without the space. thank you

Inject it without the space.

Unfortunately after updating to Yosemite my whole Clover installation and files got deleted and i had to start from 0. Is there any chance to get iMessage and Facetime working again? I followed the tutorial from checking if ethernet is build-in to recreating the smbios and rtvariables section in clover (used a pre configured imac 14,2 smbios) but still no luck... :(

I've got a problem and I'm totally stuck!

I recently upgraded my hard drive and did a fresh install, after which iMessage started asking me to call Apple. I followed this very detailed guide (thank you!) and got into a position where the ROM and MLB numbers were consistent and I had a unique serial number (checked using Apple's device adding tool on the support website). I don't remember where my SmUUID came from, but it is a custom generated one (possibly calculated in Clover Config from the ROM/MLB). I then called Apple earlier this week and on the second try it was fixed, as I was finally able to login when I got home.

Then I tried to play a DVD, only to find the drive was missing! I peered through the vent and spotted the problem - I'd accidentally snapped the clip on the miniSATA adaptor. I ordered a new one and fitted it last night. After I switched on the computer, iMessage was broken again. This time however, I wasn't asked to call Apple. The prompt says 'An error occurred during activation. Try again.'

I've tried setting the service order of my network devices and deleting my network preferences which used to work when I got this error back when iMessage first appeared on OS X. I've also tried removing the DVD drive.

Any ideas? Is it mere coincidence that this occurred after putting in the DVD drive? I don't know if any numbers changed as a result, but surely Clover is injecting the numbers in the config file, so the disk drive would have no effect?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I've got a problem and I'm totally stuck!

I recently upgraded my hard drive and did a fresh install, after which iMessage started asking me to call Apple. I followed this very detailed guide (thank you!) and got into a position where the ROM and MLB numbers were consistent and I had a unique serial number (checked using Apple's device adding tool on the support website). I don't remember where my SmUUID came from, but it is a custom generated one (possibly calculated in Clover Config from the ROM/MLB). I then called Apple earlier this week and on the second try it was fixed, as I was finally able to login when I got home.

Then I tried to play a DVD, only to find the drive was missing! I peered through the vent and spotted the problem - I'd accidentally snapped the clip on the miniSATA adaptor. I ordered a new one and fitted it last night. After I switched on the computer, iMessage was broken again. This time however, I wasn't asked to call Apple. The prompt says 'An error occurred during activation. Try again.'

I've tried setting the service order of my network devices and deleting my network preferences which used to work when I got this error back when iMessage first appeared on OS X. I've also tried removing the DVD drive.

Any ideas? Is it mere coincidence that this occurred after putting in the DVD drive? I don't know if any numbers changed as a result, but surely Clover is injecting the numbers in the config file, so the disk drive would have no effect?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Seems to me alot of people are getting this error in the last 2 days. Beginning to think Apple changed something.

Hi Jay,

I called support this morning (no support over the we here in Belgium) and it was the easiest call ever (save the 15 minutes I had to wait in the queue).

Where the first time I had to call Support, the operator asked me one million questions; this time nothing: what is your appleid? I gave it. what is the customer code? I gave it. 30 seconds after: "it's done sir, is there anything else I can do? no? Have a great day!":headbang:

I am not home now, so i can't check if it worked but my experience tells me it did; I will report later after testing.
edit: tested and approved...it just works !

Cheers

Hi Jay,

I'm having an issue again.... As mentioned above, I called support to give them the customer code and I was able to log in, now I have done something stupid and since then I am getting an error; let me explain:

I usually use iMessage with my phone number, not my email. I do this so that my gf can send iMessages over the iPad using my email. Today I went into iMessage preferences and noticed that the account was linked to my phone number, and two emails so I removed the email addresses to have only my phone number and closed preferences. After doing so, the message app logged me out and now when I try to login I get the following error "Could not sign in to iMessage.An error occurred during activation. Try again."

Checked iMessage debug and all the values are consistent and were the ones in place when I called support

I've read on macrumours that doing the following solves the issue but I wonder if it would be safe to do that on a hack... http://support.apple.com/kb/PH18761 is it safe to try?

If I have to reinstall with clover is it ok to just copy the current EFI partition of my Hack on the bootable usb?

What have I done wrong and how can I fix this ? :(

Back