Contribute
Register
Same here,

the weird thing is: until yesterday i got the message to call apple support with that code to unblock my apple-id. did not change anything, but next time i tried to log in i got the same activation error like draven.

ROM and MLB are correctly injected and persistent, ethernet devices start at en0 upwards and are built-in, serial is valid.

Just got off the phone with Apple.

He didn't ask for a serial but the guy happily took the 'customer code' error number. He said something about manually activating/completing registration and I can log back in to iMessage now.

How long it lasts is another matter, I have persistent IDs though, so we shall see.

@All,

There's been quite a few posts over the last week of users reporting that they have migrated to Clover and Installed Yosemite and despite all critical ID's being the same and persistent as when running Mavericks .. iMessage will not login or is giving a authentication error.

Well i just seen this myself on a GA-Z77X-UD5H system

Despite all critical systems ID's being exactly the same as before iMessage would always complain that it was unable to be used at this time .. or something like it.

All other iCloud apps were working fine

Since everything looked good (as reported by iMessage Debug) it should have worked as I have used the same method to install Yosemite on five other machines all successfully running iMessage.

I decided to check the network layer UUID's ... checking the two primary plists showed that the time stamps had indeed changed in the last day and running a compare against the Mavericks backup showed that indeed some of the key values had been changed ....

So i simply deleted the two files, emptied the trash and rebooted ....

After reboot I first checked the my network bsd names were correct and checked as 'built-in' by running DPCIManger (see Part-1, Step-2) all looked good so i logged into iCloud (via System Prefs) and ensured that Notes & Contacts were working ok which they were, I then ran App Store, logged in and check that all was well there which is was.

Finally i ran iMessage, logged in and what do you know ..... its working again ....

The two files i deleted are :-

1. Networkinterfaces.plist
  2. preferences.plist
Both can be found at the following location :-

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

You could move and rename then if you wanted but it should not be necessary, both should be re-generated upon reboot.
If you do try this please post feedback, if works for others then i'll update my guide with this info

Note: This procedure should not cause any new issues or problems but you may want to make sure your TimeMachine backup is up to date before giving it a go and as always its s your own risk but it's worked for me.... It will however reset you Hacks network share name to default so you will need to reset that in system prefs/sharing.

The circumstance for this possible fix are :-

• Already followed the guide and fixed any and all iMessage issues
  • Migrated to Clover Boot-Loader
  • Installed Yosemite - OSX 10.10
  • Running iMessage Debug shows that all ID's are the same as previous Mavericks Build
I suspect that this will only work for those that have installed Yosemite as an update over an existing Mavericks install - its possible that during the update process some values are incorrectly updated/calculated - possibly due to network drivers not being present during install - More investigation required.

I've looked into this a bit further and there are reports that real MAC's are also suffering from similar iMessage issues after updating to Yosemite so this may also work for them too.

Good-Luck
Cheers
Jay

I deleted my NetworkInterfaces.plist, still get the same iMessage error.

My motherboard is an Asus Maximus V Extreme, it is UEFI.
may be a problem with your ethernet card ..... I grieve I can not help you more ..
it works on my Z77XUP5-TH, PROBOOK 4530s, P55A-UD3, NUC I3

sorry

@jaymonkey

This did not fix my problem :(

Did you try deleting both plists and emptying the trash before rebooting ?
Did you install Yosemite as a Update or Clean Install ?

Jay

Did you try deleting both plists and emptying the trash before rebooting ?
Did you install Yosemite as a Update or Clean Install ?

Jay

I did delete both .plist files, and emptied the trash before rebooting.

It's an update, not a clean install. I guess that's what I'll need to do now. I am out of ideas.

I installed Yosemite over Mavericks 10.9.5, using Chimera 4.0. Everything was working great, except iMessage, of course.
Then I created a USB drive with Clover & Yosemite on it, and did another install (not a clean install) on top of the already installed Yosemite.
Then I installed Clover, and configured it to get everything working, except iMessage.

I installed Yosemite over Mavericks 10.9.5, using Chimera 4.0. Everything was working great, except iMessage, of course.
Then I created a USB drive with Clover & Yosemite on it, and did another install (not a clean install) on top of the already installed Yosemite.
Then I installed Clover, and configured it to get everything working, except iMessage.

Hummmm ...

Well you could try the method i've been installing Yosemite/Clover with

• Go back to 10.9.5 mavericks via Timemachine backup .. or clone .. etc
  • Install Clover and get Mavericks working with Clover first
  • Ensure all your ID's are correct and that iMessage is working ok under Mavericks
  • Install Yosemite as update using latest Unibeast ...
  • Install any new kexts required via latest Multibeast ...
Worked for me so far on six systems ...

Jay

Tried to delete those 2 plist files but that didn't help either. Icloud and appstore working, imessage still gives that "auth error, try later. Mine was a clean install of yosemite.

What a mess...

I can still use Chameleon by selecting the non-UEFI drive in the boot options, so I did that and selected my Clone drive to boot into at the Chameleon screen, which has Mavericks 10.9.5 on it, and had iMessage working on it when I used it yesterday before I installed Clover.
But now, iMessage doesn't work. Gives the same error... "An error occurred during activation. Try again."

I checked imessage_debug and it's all broken now...

2014-10-30 10:52:14.015 imessage_debug[505:507] 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM: failed
2014-10-30 10:52:14.015 imessage_debug[505:507] 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB: failed
2014-10-30 10:52:14.015 imessage_debug[505:507] oycqAZloTNDm: <00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00>
2014-10-30 10:52:14.016 imessage_debug[505:507] abKPld1EcMni: <00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00>

How could this happen? Using Chameleon, on Mavericks 10.9.5, only difference is I installed Clover.

Back