Contribute
Register
Hello Guys,

I manage to activate icloud,appstore,facetime..but not with imessage..the Customer Code i already call Apple and they already lift it and got Contact all Red and it said not registered with imessage..After read a few last post in here i will try to give 12H+ to test it..

However i still have some headache to recover this problem..
My imessage preference is missing..it just showing grey box like the picture below

View attachment 109458

Anyone have solution for this?:banghead:
Were you able to fix it?

I am having this problem as well. I migrated to Clover, and then upgraded it to Yosemite. Messages.app worked at that point. But soon I discovered that my buddies avatars are not displaying properly. I thought maybe the Messages.app wasn't updating the cache properly. So, I remove all the preferences, caches etc. of the Messages.app using AppCleaner.app.

Now I'm seeing exactly what you are seeing. :banghead:

Changed SmUUID value as instructed in the part-2 of the tutorial. Also followed the instructions on step-4. Any help would be appreciated. :thumbup:

By the way, is it possible to use Gmail account on Messages.app without signing into iCloud account from the Message.app?

To all you guys using cloned ID's ... be aware of the following ....

If you clone all the ID's and have both (or more) machines logged into the Apple at the same time then Apple may log multiple simultaneous IP and/or Mac Addresses against the same set of ID's .... I'm not 100% sure about this but it would make sense if Apple are trying to stop hackers cloning another users MAC's and would explain why some of you are having message issues ... even after calling Apple

Cheers
Jay

I agree, use a machine you own. That is why I am doing it. and to be honest, I don't think it would work with a machine that isn't already verified under your iCloud account. My moral compass says it is far worse to call apple and lie to them asking them to validate a machine that is obviously fake. That is wasting apples support tech's time. Especially when apple support usually costs money.

What if apple simply verifies a machine once through iCloud activation, stores that machine as a legitimate device. Then allows messages connection based solely on ROM and MLB identity for any further connections. Which appears to be the situations. If they were matching to other hardware information they simply wouldn't allow you to log in on a hackintosh and you would be flagged already. This could change in the future, but the only downfall i would predict is that you get the customer code popping up on your hack box again, not your real mac. I am sure apple catalogs all the machines they produce and can add more hardware checks later if they liked.

Has someone monitored the packets that get sent to and from apple in regards to messages activation/login/use?

I am willing to bet that apple only does a full hardware verification the first time you register a machine to an iCloud account.

Until they start implementing further checks, I don't see this method being any type of issue. To apple, you own a real mac already. If you log in, with your valid apple id and mimic that machine, what difference does it make. you still provided proof that you are the owner of that machine/icloud account by logging in with your iCloud credentials.

That is just my thought. You're not hurting anyone, and you are not being fraudulent if you own the actual machine you are mimicking.

I do strongly agree, stealing someones MLB and ROM is not cool. I would be curious if that even worked though. Does this trick only work with machines that are actually registered on your iCloud account?

So far, one week, and no issues...

Thanks Jay for providing your precautionary thoughts...

I saved a system report for my build when I had iCloud and iMessage working under Yosemite but I screwed up some stuff later and had to do another install. Now I'm having trouble figuring out which numbers from that system report I should enter into which boxes when I run Clover Configurator in order to recover use of iCloud.

Does anyone have experience doing this?

If all the data I need is not present, is there a way to inject an entirely new ID set in order to register a new machine?

I post here too
Hello iMessage works great and my bootloader is Chimera 4.0 (i have a laptop i5 sandy bridge)
I'm the best :)
Explication:
1) fresh install yosemite with unibeast and multibeast
2) install all kext you need for your laptop
3) everything works except iMessage
4) note in a paper your Product Name, Family and your serial number of your fresh yosemite install ( for this go to your smbios in Extra and open it with text edit)
5) chimera impossible for iMessage so create an usb with clover bootlaoder, i use 2kr_2976 and i install it in your usb
check custom and check bootloader:boot0af , drivers 32 and drivers 64 and install in usb
6) reboot your laptop and boot with usb clover ( maybe change config in clover option at boot , maybe no), and boot your partition yosemite (for me i have to uncheck inject intel in clover option graphics option at boot )
7) when you're in yosemite then download and install clover configurator. Then file ,open, import, and import "config.plist" ( EFI- Clover - config.plist)
8) then click to SMBIOS on the side left of clover configuration and write all you note in the paper (step 4) product name family and your serial number
9) Save all ( quit and it will ask you , and you save)
10) Copy your dsdt of yosemite ( in extra) and paste it in your clover usb ( Efi - Clover - ACPI- patched)
11) Reboot all and boot again with your usb clover
12) Arrive in yosemite go to apple , about this mac and verify the serial number is the same that you note in your paper
13) Try Imessge
14) If works great good job, if don't work don't worry note the number assistance who imessage write to you, and call apple
15) Give this number to the man or woman and ciao apple :)
16) try to connect and magic it's work all works good
17) connect to facetime imessage and cloud
18) and reboot
19) boot in your yosemite with your chimera ( not with clover , clover is finished :) and when you arrive in yosemie all it's work magicccccc

i hope it will work for you , for me it's all good send receive iMessage and message

PS: be careful never close session of iMessage ( but you can close application iMessage :) )
if you do that ,you have to remake all the step!!!

I post here too
Hello iMessage works great and my bootloader is Chimera 4.0 (i have a laptop i5 sandy bridge)
I'm the best :)
Explication:
1) fresh install yosemite with unibeast and multibeast
2) install all kext you need for your laptop
3) everything works except iMessage
4) note in a paper your Product Name, Family and your serial number of your fresh yosemite install ( for this go to your smbios in Extra and open it with text edit)
5) chimera impossible for iMessage so create an usb with clover bootlaoder, i use 2kr_2976 and i install it in your usb
check custom and check bootloader:boot0af , drivers 32 and drivers 64 and install in usb
6) reboot your laptop and boot with usb clover ( maybe change config in clover option at boot , maybe no), and boot your partition yosemite (for me i have to uncheck inject intel in clover option graphics option at boot )
7) when you're in yosemite then download and install clover configurator. Then file ,open, import, and import "config.plist" ( EFI- Clover - config.plist)
8) then click to SMBIOS on the side left of clover configuration and write all you note in the paper (step 4) product name family and your serial number
9) Save all ( quit and it will ask you , and you save)
10) Copy your dsdt of yosemite ( in extra) and paste it in your clover usb ( Efi - Clover - ACPI- patched)
11) Reboot all and boot again with your usb clover
12) Arrive in yosemite go to apple , about this mac and verify the serial number is the same that you note in your paper
13) Try Imessge
14) If works great good job, if don't work don't worry note the number assistance who imessage write to you, and call apple
15) Give this number to the man or woman and ciao apple :)
16) try to connect and magic it's work all works good
17) connect to facetime imessage and cloud
18) and reboot
19) boot in your yosemite with your chimera ( not with clover , clover is finished :) and when you arrive in yosemie all it's work magicccccc

i hope it will work for you , for me it's all good send receive iMessage and message

is it still working? :D

Yes it's work... Promise
Photo iMessage
and Boot chimera

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2014-10-25 à 12.22.55.png
    Capture d’écran 2014-10-25 à 12.22.55.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Capture d’écran 2014-10-25 à 12.30.05.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2014-10-25 à 12.30.05.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 170

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 6.54.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 6.54.04 PM.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 161
Right now this is where i am !!

Yes, and before you call Apple, make sure you have followed jaymonkey's steps starting at the begging of this Thread to ensure you have unique Serial, MLB, and ROM for your machine, and you have restarted a couple of times and checked those stay consistent through each reboot.

Also, it's very helpful if you have a real Mac serial that you own, aside from your Hackintosh, that you can give to Apple Support if they ask. When I called, they didn't ask, likely they already knew my information and the real Mac h/w I had. Also, keep them on the line while you both log into iMessage AND send/receive a test message to ensure the block is cleared. If you are able to login to iMessage, but NOT send a message (usually something about your XXX@xxx is not registered), then you need to recheck that you followed jaymonkey's steps exactly. Usually you didn't do something right with the Serial, MLB, or ROM.

Good !!!
now wait monday for calling apple and call him
After iMessage will work
and follow the step ..

I don't want to start this process and ruin everything I have already done. Any suggestions on what I can do to make this process as painless as possible would be greatly appreciated.

@mleduff7,

Stick with the latest version of Clover r2953 which works very well with OSX 10.10, best advice i can give is make sure you have a good timemachine backup and/or clone your startup drive, and go for it, there is nothing to fear and so much more to gain ...

If your really apprehensive, get your existing install booting with a Clover USB first .... once your more confident install Clover on your startup drive.

Cheers
Jay

Back