Contribute
Register
@mleduff7,

make sure you have a good timemachine backup ...

Cheers
Jay

I am curious how do you restore the timemachine backup?
Currently I do cloning with SuperDuper since it lets me even boot my clone.

I always restore by booting from my USB pen drive with Clover on it and the Yosemite installation, after that you can go to Tools -> Restore from Time machine backup. You can find this in the menu. You connect your drive where the backup is located and this way you can restore your entire Macintosh HD partition (or whatever name you gave it).

Hope this helps

Hi Jay,

I need your science :)

Last week I updated to Yosemite from Mavericks using Unibeast/Multibeast, then found out the issue about iMessage and decided to switch to clover.

I created a boot disk using clover and injected UUID and all the values that came with iMessage debug.
After installation every value are consistent after reboot (again checked with debug) but I get the "call support with customer code" pop up when I try to sign in to imessage.

I decided to check the values in debug against a screenshot of the same values when everything was working fine under Mavericks installed with Unibeast Multibeast and noticed that the values are different.

Question is therefore, shall I leave everything as it is and call Apple with the customer code or change the UUID, ROM and MLB values with the values from mavericks using clover configurator(while signed out of iCloud services and off the internet), see if this is consistent, try to log in and only then call Apple if I get a code?

Board ID is the only value that is still the same if it helps and i don't suffer from sid bug.

Thanks a million for your help/advice

Just a question reg the OS X serial number.

How do I generate a unique one? I am using clover at the moment. Using clover configurator smbios section to get random serial numbers however no matter how many times I try to get a unique one, when i enter the serial number at the apple self solve website, it appears that it's a valid one! Am I supposed to keep trying to generate a serial number that the apple website will call invalid ?

Got clover installed and booting with 10.10. But cannot login with iMessages "An error occured during activation. Try again."

Hi Jay,

I decided to check the values in debug against a screenshot of the same values when everything was working fine under Mavericks installed with Unibeast Multibeast and noticed that the values are different.

Question is therefore, shall I leave everything as it is and call Apple with the customer code or change the UUID, ROM and MLB values with the values from mavericks using clover configurator(while signed out of iCloud services and off the internet), see if this is consistent, try to log in and only then call Apple if I get a code?

@elgipsy,

If you hadn't already tried to connect to the iCloud then you could have set the Clover values to those you were using with Mavericks and it would have still logged in ... however it's likely that your getting the call Apple msg because its already detected the ID change(s) and logged it as a new device against the IP in which case if everything is stable and persistent (same Customer Code each time) then go ahead and contact Apple

Cheers
Jay

Just a question reg the OS X serial number.

How do I generate a unique one? I am using clover at the moment. Using clover configurator smbios section to get random serial numbers however no matter how many times I try to get a unique one, when i enter the serial number at the apple self solve website, it appears that it's a valid one! Am I supposed to keep trying to generate a serial number that the apple website will call invalid ?

@retsckor,

Use the magic wand on the SMBIOS page in Clover Configurator select system type (iMac 14,2 ... etc) then click on the two 'shake' buttons to generate random week and batch number .... copy and paste new S/N back to the SMBIOS page.

Or use the generator in Chameleon Wizard and copy and paste back to Clover Configurator ..

Cheers

Jay

@tabarus,

Just boot from any OSX installer USB and select 'Restore Time Machine Backup' from Utilities menu, easy peasy ....

Jay

Got clover installed and booting with 10.10. But cannot login with iMessages "An error occured during activation. Try again."

@keypox,

One or more of your ID's is either an invalid syntax or black listed ... or is not matching the ID's you originally registered with .. Check all ID's again and Check Persistence of NVRAM values. See All of Step 5 in the guide.

Cheers
Jay

[UPDATE1] Renamed imessage_debug to imessage_idcheck
[UPDATE2] Realized my lingon snapshot was slightly incorrect because the redirect needs to be differently.
[UPDATE3] procedure slightly changed
[UPDATE4] language of step 3 modified to be clearer with example.

Hey Jay,

As we briefly discussed, I've modified imessage_debug to perform checks against old values and on failure, it will deactivate the network. Please take a look and review. I'm a professional c++ developer so it shouldn't be horrendous, but this was my very first objective c and cocoa experience so I'm sure something went wrong.

imessage_debug [OPTIONS]
-h|--help prints this message
-d|--debug prints debug messages
-c|--compare checks the values haven't changed. Does this by comparing against previously saved values.
-t|--log-with-timestamp prints timestamps in front of the messages
--create-golden-data Saves current data for comparison.

Running it without options maintains the old functionality of just printing current values. Also the code I found to base this off of was here on the forums so I'm not sure if there was an official repository somewhere. [EDIT] I've renamed the binary so as to not be confused with the old. Also please note credit goes to El_nono here on the forums as the original code base is his I believe.

Any questions or suggestions feel free to let me know. Below is my suggested usage.

1. Download binary.
2. Make sure iMessage and FaceTime are working properly
3. Run the binary as root with --create-golden-data option. This will create the values upon which all future checks are compared against. e.g. sudo imessage_idcheck --create-golden-data
4. Reboot and tun it with "-c" option once and ensure all checks pass.
5. Copy binary to some location that you want it installed.
6. Use lingon to have it run as root on every startup. See screenshot below.
7. At the bottom of the lingon screen, click expert mode. Copy and paste in:
<key>StandardOutPath</key>
<string>/var/root/Library/Application Support/imessage_idcheck/imessage_idcheck.log</string>
8. Hit save and check that the file above says all checks passed.

Screen Shot 2014-10-26 at 8.43.49 PM.png
View attachment imessage_idcheck.zip

Back