Contribute
Register
Mine started to work yesterday. All I did was call Apple with the code. I could sign in and send SMS but no iMessage. Since yesterday everything works. Don't know why.

As I'm writing this I got the customer code again...Sucks

Hello Guys, Im back

Manage to get iMessage working..

After strugling format 2-3 TImes
Calling Apple for the 2nd times..

i decided to give it a break..after login still cant message contact due to unregister number (its actually a registered imessage number i was using it with my real iMac)

So what i did..i dont know its already known or not..but what actually i do to get back the contact is
I facetime contact and he answer..

so i ask him to facetime me
so when i answer his facetime call

my imessage now detect HIM now ..i can imessage him like normal..

I hope this info is usefull to guys out there that already call apple and manage to login and get red contact ..

if it working please reply here so other can try use the same method :D

IDK this method already known or not..because im new in hackintosh scene..

Thanks guys..Happy hackingtosh

@astrobruin,

Thanks for your feedback, I think its only the default OSX S/N generated by Clover that is black listed ...

Cheers
Jay

I originally got Clover to work with iMessage with the default. I had done this because I somehow missed the part where you said the Clover generated value was blacklisted. Nonetheless, even though it worked, I started over and set up new values and called apple to unlock a second imac. I took the safer route, but just pointing out that the default wasn't blacklisted.

Also you really should learn about how the ID's effect OSX and iMessage, that was the reason i investigated the subject and wrote the guide .... just about every other guide out-there only gives parrot advice without any reasons behind them so you have no idea why you doing what your doing ..... if you dont understand the problem how can you fix it ???

Cheers
Jay

Your guide was so in-depth I bet the Apple devs link each other to this thread when they work on ways to stop iMessage frauds as an example of how they are being beat.

To all you guys using cloned ID's ... be aware of the following ....

As detailed in the guide ... if you just use MLB & ROM from YOUR real MAC then thats going to trigger a UUID / S/N Miss-match with the Apple database because the Serial Number will be matched to anther set of ID's ...

If you clone all the ID's and have both (or more) machines logged into the Apple at the same time then Apple may log multiple simultaneous IP and/or Mac Addresses against the same set of ID's .... I'm not 100% sure about this but it would make sense if Apple are trying to stop hackers cloning another users MAC's and would explain why some of you are having message issues ... even after calling Apple

As repeatedly stated in this thread and the guide under no circumstances should you use any cloned/leeched ID's if you don't own the the real Apple device you've cloned ..... It's on-line identity fraud ...

Cheers
Jay

^^ Agreed. And as someone who works with databases and writes reports to detect fraud, mismatching things like MLB and S/N is very easy to detect if they want to start doing it.

I'll confirm ^^^

I took just the ROM and MLB from an old system I'll never use any more and injected them with RTVariables. Everything else was made up by Clover Config and it worked.

As discussed few posts down-thread, RTVariables is being deprecated.

Just use 'SMuuID', 'Board Serial Number' and let Clover generate the appropriate MLB & ROM values from them.

As discussed few posts down-thread, RTVariables is being deprecated.

Just use 'SMuuID', 'Board Serial Number' and let Clover generate the appropriate MLB & ROM values from them.

Right, I know that works as well, but doesn't it often result in the "call Apple" as the system doesn't exist in their DB? Which is fine, I can do that again, but I have extra old Macs here that won't ever be used for messaging so I'm glad to have it working this way first.

On that topic, I am currently building a system on which I will attempt a 10.10 install. I intend to use an iMac14,2 for SMBIOS in clover configurator, in relation with the hardware I'm using (Sabertooth Z97, i5-4690k).

I also happen to have an unused MacBook Pro on Mavericks that can iMessage.

The question:

Is it safe to use the info dumped with imessage_debug on the laptop and use it in clover configuration? The serial number and smUUID would not be coherent with the family used (MacBookPro4,1 vs iMac14,2)

I am unsure from reading the guide wether it's a good idea or not.

Is my only other option to use uuidgen and cross my fingers?

Thank!

Right, I know that works as well, but doesn't it often result in the "call Apple" as the system doesn't exist in their DB? Which is fine, I can do that again, but I have extra old Macs here that won't ever be used for messaging so I'm glad to have it working this way first.

No, it doesn't result in the code to call Apple at all.

ROM is derived from the last 6 bytes of SmUUID (so if you generate SmUUID via uuidgen, change the last 6 bytes to that of your en0 Ethernet mac address thereby your ROM becomes your ethernet mac)

MLB is derived directly from 'Board Serial Number' which you should input as your Serial Number + some alpha numeric letters (17 letters in total)

Back