Contribute
Register
Well, i´ve migrated to clover.

Updated SMBIOS settings in clover configurator while following this guide. Called apple and got them to open up for my imessage. Was able to send 1 SMS Yosemite -> iphone

Never got an imessage through. Not getting any more SMS´s through either.

But i AM able to log in.

Wondering if i might have messed it up with the MLB, serials and UUID´s etc...

View attachment 108839

I am also having the same issue. Called Apple today and able to login. But now I am in the same boat as you.

Well, i´ve migrated to clover.

Updated SMBIOS settings in clover configurator while following this guide. Called apple and got them to open up for my imessage. Was able to send 1 SMS Yosemite -> iphone

Never got an imessage through. Not getting any more SMS´s through either.

But i AM able to log in.

Wondering if i might have messed it up with the MLB, serials and UUID´s etc...

Same issue here as well... "******* is not registered with iMessage."

Hello!

After contacting Apple, I am now able to log into the messages app and FaceTime app. But I'm always offline in iMessage, the only thing I can do is send SMS via the new Continuity feature of Yosemite. Also in FaceTime I can make phone calls via my iPhone, but no chance to FaceTime someone.
After installing clover I got straight the call Apple message. So I did nothing else up until now. The only thing I found out in between was that I had a wrong system definition, so I changed it afterwards to MacPro 6,1 (As it is stated in the guide, Sandy Bridge CPU and Z68-series board). But this should not had an effect on the problem itself, because I had it before...??

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

quick-nik

Exact same thing happening to me. Called Apple and they fixed it from their end but I can only send SMS and no iMessage. I did not change my system config after calling Apple. Is this a new issue that us hackintoshers have to face now :banghead:. Thinking about buying the $499 Mac Mini. I might have to give up my SSD and processor just so I can have a Mac that works.:banghead:

I also switched from Chimera to Clover for Yosemite. The only guide you need is listed here. I'm going to make some assumptions based on your comments.

1. Yosemite is currently installed using unibeast.
2. You can boot into Yosemite with Chimera without the USB.
3. You don't want to reinstall.

Use the guide above and jump to step 4 since all you really need is the bootloader. If you have an UEFI capable motherboard, you can play it safe and only install Clover into the ESP. Otherwise you'll have overwrite the Chimera bootloader. When you're done make sure you're booting into the UEFI (again only if you are capable of this).

Hope that gives you a general idea of what to do.

Also, you should always make a complete disk backup so you're covered in the event someone takes a gun to your machine. I have a single disk with two partitions. One with Clonezilla installed and another with just storage space for clonezilla to write images to. I consider it a pretty neat all-in-one-disk backup solution. I suppose I could make a guide if anyone is interested.

thanks for the feedback fidesachates, your assumptions are correct. i do have a UEFI motherboard (MSI z87 Mpower Max) I will try your suggestion and also prepare a usb with the full yosemite OS using the clover method so in case something goes wrong, I can reinstall everything with fresh install

And another thing: If you get everything right with the SMBIOS config, is imessage always supposed to work without calling apple?

Hi there..

I have a H87N and have tried almost all of your hints to get iMessage to work. But I can't get my ethernet to be named en0, I have 2 ethernet ports and the one thats called en0 does not work with any kext i could find.

This has been happening for 3 months at about, extremely frustrating. I almost kicked my computer once!!! GRRR... anyway...

I am planning on getting Yosemite and try the clover method (the only method I haven't tried yet). But I was wondering if I can use clover on a raid configuration? I have 4 SSDs in raid 0, and Id like to keep it that way.

Thanks
Leo

Thanks so much for this walk through.

I had serious issues with my first install. I re-installed 10.10 then followed each and every step (clover related) and now everything works perfectly.

Many many thanks Jay.

Is there any plan to have a fix for Chimera users? Really not keen to migrate to Clover - not as polished procedure like with Chimera (yet)

Thanks so much for this walk through.

I had serious issues with my first install. I re-installed 10.10 then followed each and every step (clover related) and now everything works perfectly.

Many many thanks Jay.

You're not getting the red contact thing and you are actually able to send messages? Are you using a real mac's numbers?

I've just called up Apple Support in the UK and had a very easy resolution. The first person I spoke to hadn't come across the problem before so went to ask a colleague (unfortunately on hold for a while but understandable) and then she put my through to another colleague who knew about the problem.

Took my Apple ID, my Customer Code and verified some information. Didn't ask for the serial number which I was very surprised by and they have unblocked it. Going to try tonight when I get home so fingers crossed!

Back