Contribute
Register
Hopefully someone can help me out....

I have everything up and running and followed this guide and Tony macs to get my ga-77n-wifi onto Yosemite using Clover. I followed all the directions but my UUID and the Rom are changing after every boot. Every other # is staying the same. Usually it's Rom/MLB that change but UUID & Rom are changing after every reboot and MLB stays.

UPDATE: I used my MAC address and that fixed the ROM. I was still getting a changing / non matching UUID. I removed the SmUUID from configurator that clover generated and rebooted. the System now has matching ROM / MLB / UUID every time I turn on or reboot. The only issue is that SmUUID in configurator (aka config.plist) I left blank. The system still pulls the same UUID everytime and verified it with Imessage-Debug. Will this get flagged? And if so, is there a way to fix this. :)

Has anyone come across this? Any help is greatly appreciated :)
Seems ok. When I had the same hardware UUID , ROM and MLB, gave it a tried and worked perfectly. I'm having some trouble in another system with changing hardware UUID. Please let me know how it went with yours.

To all having issues with iMessage after Migrating to Clover ...

As stated multiple times in the guide, you should use all your existing ID's from your Mavericks (assuming iMessage was working OK)

This includes all of the following :-

SMUUID (SystemId)
OSX S/N
MLB
ROM

You can get these from your old build using iMessage Debug and IOJones

Failure to do this will result in a new device being logged with Apple and you will not be able to access iMessage, please make sure that you put the SystemID UUID in the SMUUID field on the SMBIOS page, do not put it in the Custom UUID filed on the System Parameters field but do ensue that 'Inject System ID' is checked.

Before trying iMessage run iMessage Debug and ensure that all your ID's match your previous Mavericks build including the Hardware (platform) UUID, if all ok try iMessage and it should work. If ANY ID's are not the same or are changing on each boot then resolve the issues before trying iMessage or Contact Apple to Unlock AppleID/Device.

I've been using Clover Version r2953 and have had no issues updating to Yosemite on five machines so far and iMessage is working on them all using each machines existing ID's.

As previously suggested if your new to Clover I recommend that you install Clover first on your existing Mavericks build and ensure that iMessage is working before installing OSX 10.10.

Cheers
Jay

i follow this thread to set the SMBios.
first time.
my iMessage was locked by Apple, i have to call apple support to unlock it. the serial number actually was generated by clover, however, the apple unlocked my iMessage :) i can login my account, BUT i Can Not Send / Receive iMessage. i checked the system.log, there is some error returned like " this application is not permitted to access iCloud".

second time.
i have a real macbook air (2011 model), i cloned its SMid, serial number everything i can to my hackintosh. unfortunately, my iMessage was locked again.... BUT the iMessage on my MBA (real mac) still works fine... i log in / out , send / receive , no any problem at all...it's weird and interesting.

anyway, i have to call apple support in tomorrow to unlock iMessage account, but honestly, i do not know what should i say....

I agree too much work

As stated multiple times in the guide, you should use all your existing ID's from your Mavericks (assuming iMessage was working OK)

SMUUID (SystemId)
OSX S/N
MLB
ROM

Failure to do this will result in a new device being logged with Apple and you will not be able to access iMessage, please make sure that you put the SystemID UUID in the SMUUID field on the SMBIOS page, do not put it in the Custom UUID filed on the System Parameters field but do ensue that 'Inject System ID' is checked.

Before trying iMessage run iMessage Debug and ensure that all your ID's match your previous Mavericks build including the Hardware (platform) UUID, if all ok try iMessage and it should work. If ANY ID's are not the same or are changing on each boot then resolve the issues before trying iMessage or Contact Apple to Unlock AppleID/Device.

I've been using Clover Version r2953 and have had no issues updating to Yosemite on five machines so far and iMessage is working on them all using each machines existing ID's.

As previously suggested if your new to Clover I recommend that you install Clover first on your existing Mavericks build and ensure that iMessage is working before installing OSX 10.10.

Cheers
Jay

Could you make a youtube guide on how to fix it?:)

SMUUID (SystemId)
OSX S/N
MLB
ROM

Cheers
Jay

Jay,

Any suggestions for people who didn't have iMessages working in Mavericks either (after the august issues)? I am able to log in and send and receive SMS but not iMessages. Before reinstalling Yosemite, I as well was getting the ******** is not registered with iMessages error.

Thanks,

CJ.

Jay,

Any suggestions for people who didn't have iMessages working in Mavericks either (after the august issues)? I am able to log in and send and receive SMS but not iMessages. Before reinstalling Yosemite, I as well was getting the ******** is not registered with iMessages error.

Thanks,

CJ.

I'm getting this problem too. I had Apple unlock my account so I could register with iMessage which I can but now can only send SMS messages through SMS relay and couldn't send iMessages (before I set up SMS relay and after). I've tried a restart but to no avail.

I'm getting this problem too. I had Apple unlock my account so I could register with iMessage which I can but now can only send SMS messages through SMS relay and couldn't send iMessages (before I set up SMS relay and after). I've tried a restart but to no avail.

+1 here aswell... can log in send sms but no syncing of iMessage or send and receive

I'll probably ask a question which as been replied many times but i can't find the answer...
Is iMessage and FaceTime having the same problem? I don't use iMessage, but i use FaceTime are the two system having the same trouble ?

Thanks by advance.

I'll probably ask a question which as been replied many times but i can't find the answer...
Is iMessage and FaceTime having the same problem? I don't use iMessage, but i use FaceTime are the two system having the same trouble ?

Thanks by advance.

Generally if you can sign into iMessage you can sign into FaceTime. So your answer would be Yes.

Back