Contribute
Register
Hi, I had imessge working on maverick with chimera bootloader. Before updating to Yosemite i've saved all my values from imessage_debug. After updating to clover only the last value of imessage_debug was changed (there is no name for that line so I don't know how to call it). IOPlatformSerialNumber, IOPlatformUUID, board-id, product-name, ROM, MLB where all the same as before.

neUg6J1.png

(red line is the only one that changed)

In clover I've all the old SMBIOS and RtVariables, also used my old system-id for both SmUUID and CustomUUID.

At this time I was on maverick with clover bootloader and imessage was still working. The only strange thing was that on IORegistryExplorer under IODeviceTree > efi > platform there isn't the system-id line anymore.

There is name, BEMB, Model, CPUFrequeny, REV, FSBFrequency, OEMVendor, Settings, DevicePathsSupported, OEMProduct, SystemSerialNumber but not system-id.

After updating to yosemite, imessage was working but still no system-id in IODeviceTree > efi > platform.

Now after few hours I've updated my iphone to IOS 8.1 went back to my hackintosh to try and test sms trough Handoff and found myself logged out of imessage. When I try to login I get a generic message: "An error occurred during activation".

What can I do?

UPDATE: forgot to say that inject system-id is checked in clover configurator.
UPDATE 2: Don't know how but my ethernet wasn't en0 anymore. It was en1. After fixing that, iMessage worked again.

Last edited:
I've done all the steps here and rebooted, verifying the info each reboot. All seems fine with Yosemite and Clover 2959- but still no dice. Called applecare and they put me through to iPad department since I'm having the same issue there- but they (Supervisor and Level 1 Tech support) said that there is no "Lock or Block" on my ID. Wasted time reseting network and such, in the end had to thank them for their time.

S/N I generated seems to be legit, but also appears to be registered, so I don't want to mess with someone's AppleCare. Next thoughts? Anyone?

Z77-GD65 Bios 10.10
Yosemite via Mavericks via Lion (Legit)

Hi, I had imessge working on maverick with chimera bootloader. Before updating to Yosemite i've saved all my values from imessage_debug. After updating to clover only the last value of imessage_debug was changed (there is no name for that line so I don't know how to call it). IOPlatformSerialNumber, IOPlatformUUID, board-id, product-name, ROM, MLB where all the same as before.

In clover I've all the old SMBIOS and RtVariables, also used my old system-id for both SmUUID and CustomUUID.

At this time I was on maverick with clover bootloader and imessage was still working. The only strange thing was that on IORegistryExplorer under IODeviceTree > efi > platform there isn't the system-id line anymore.

There is name, BEMB, Model, CPUFrequeny, REV, FSBFrequency, OEMVendor, Settings, DevicePathsSupported, OEMProduct, SystemSerialNumber but not system-id.

After updating to yosemite, imessage was working but still no system-id in IODeviceTree > efi > platform.

Now after few hours I've updated my iphone to IOS 8.1 went back to my hackintosh to try and test sms trough Handoff and found myself logged out of imessage. When I try to login I get a generic message: "An error occurred during activation".

What can I do?

UPDATE: forgot to say that inject system-id is checked in clover configurator.

Interesting, I also don't have a system-id in IORegistry explorer and currently have working iMessage in Yosemite. I'll let you know if I have the same issue after updating to 8.1 tonight.

@jay

do we have concrete conclusion that the ROM value must be ethernet en0 MAC address?

I have the Apply guy to lift up the lock of my AppleId, and everything looks good (MLB ROM, persistence, i read this post many times, and am using Clover).

Got home, sign in, my account is locked again, with same support code that I gave to the Apple guy.

The only thing is different this time , is my ROM value is just regular uuid from uuidgen. Now I gonna try to change it to ethernet en0 MAC address as the ROM value, but this time is gonna raise another question.

My ethernet MAC address was used with a different MLB value before, and I lost my MLB value, I read one of you post, seems like the ROM and MLB value are tied tonight when registering the service.

I assume I will encounter issue if I reuse my exisitng en0 Mac address with different MLB then.

:( :( :(

Any comment, @jay?

Will find out later this afternoon.

I actually don't think I ran imessage_debug while still using Chimera. I just pulled the values from my old nvram file which may have been the problem - I think I was supposed to convert them from hex. Oh well, I have everything working with new clean values, following Clover's new way of generating the ROM/MLB; since I have the SID bug and Clover is deprecating the RtVariable injection method, it probably would have stopped working eventually. This time I will definitely back up my current working values!

I had iMessages working on Mavericks with Chameleon then upgraded to Yosemite and iMessages stopped working. What is the value of going through the iMessage_Debug process? Is it if Clover doesn't work automagically and some of the ROM/MLB particulars are absent?

Thanks Jay for keeping this up to date. It's incredible.

After switching to Clover for my Yosemite upgrade, I realized there was a lot that could go wrong with iMessage. I wrote a little shell script that I have being run at start of every boot. It checks that the output of imessage_debug, platform UUID, hardware uuid, and system-id haven't changed. It also checks that the platform uuid and hardware uuid values are the same and that the system-id and hardware uuid aren't the same. If any of the checks fail, it deactivates the network in hopes of not triggering something on the apple server side.

I've attached a copy, but it's not polished. I'm hoping for feedback on if it's even useful, if it could better, or even if this is has been done already.

View attachment imessage_check.zip

This is awesome! Thanks for taking time to put this together.

I'm having some issues with getting iMessage to work properly after following the guide. I have Yosemite up and running with Clover as a bootloader. And followed your guide but I'm getting the contact apple message.

In step 5d, you note that when changing the smuuid by generating a new UUID with uuidgen, it will change your platform UUID. After reboot I'm excepting my hardware UUID to change to the new UUID generated by uuidgen and inputed into the smuuid field in clover configurator but it appears to be a different UUID all together...

Is this what you meant by the system UUID will change? My Hardware UUID and iMessage_debug IOPlatformUUID are the same but neither of them match the generated UUID...

Thoughts?

Thanks Jay for keeping this up to date. It's incredible.

After switching to Clover for my Yosemite upgrade, I realized there was a lot that could go wrong with iMessage. I wrote a little shell script that I have being run at start of every boot. It checks that the output of imessage_debug, platform UUID, hardware uuid, and system-id haven't changed. It also checks that the platform uuid and hardware uuid values are the same and that the system-id and hardware uuid aren't the same. If any of the checks fail, it deactivates the network in hopes of not triggering something on the apple server side.

I've attached a copy, but it's not polished. I'm hoping for feedback on if it's even useful, if it could better, or even if this is has been done already.

View attachment 108478

Wow, thank you. I will check this out later tonight and report back. Great idea.

Also, nice mobo and CPU combo. ;)

iMessage and FaceTime Two Numbers one Apple ID

Hi my apple id account has two phone numbers associated with it, one from the US and another from the UK...up until mid August iMessage worked fine until I activated iMessage on my UK number then it stopped working on my Hackintosh giving me the infamous "Your Apple ID ...@.... can't be used to set up iMessage at this time" and a Customer Code. IMessage and FaceTime however continue to work on my Macbook Pro. In the past I resolved this issue by deactivating iMessage on my UK number and then changing my password for iCloud and it seemed to work fine with the one number, but I'd like to keep both numbers associated if possible, anyone have a similar issue?

Back