Contribute
Register
Hi Jay,

Hope you are well :)

I updated from mavericks to yosemite yesterday (was on chimera 3 with mavericks then chimera 4 with yosemite) and noticed that imessage was not working... I came back ot this amazing thread to check for a solution and understood that if I want to keep using imessage I will have to switch from chimera to clover.

I have been looking for an article describing the simplest way to achieve the switch from chimera to clover but so far have not been able to find an article describing how to do that (even though I read in several threads that there is a guide showing how to do that, i have not been able to find this article).

Could you direct me to a site/thread describing the process please? For info, I use dual boot OSX and Windows on two separate drives.

Thansk in advance for helping me achive the switch :)

PS: I have no tie machine backup, so I wont be able to ge back to mavericks; i hope this won't b an issue...

I went through the whole guide, and instead of ringing Apple Care, I tried using my girlfriends appleID instead, and got the same old "contact apple" message, but with a different code obviously. Does this mean that there is still local problem?

==UPDATE
I ended up generating a new MLB and ROM because my original ones looked bit weird, I also made an SmUUID which was blank before. Called them up, the guy said he knew how to fix my problem because his previous phone call was the same lol.

Now everything is working :D

you can try this

I tried the above method and still no access.

I generated a serial via clover config, checked it's valid via apples serial checker and then contacted apple as suggested, to see what they say.

Also my iTunes and iBooks wont open, they quit while using the CoreFP plug-in. Is this related to the imessage/app store problem?

Thanks

I tried the above method and still no access.

I generated a serial via clover config, checked it's valid via apples serial checker and then contacted apple as suggested, to see what they say.

Also my iTunes and iBooks wont open, they quit while using the CoreFP plug-in. Is this related to the imessage/app store problem?

Thanks

I thought we were supposed to check that it didn't match on Apple's website so that we were stealing a real serial number.

Now i'm confused!

S/N I generated seems to be legit, but also appears to be registered, so I don't want to mess with someone's AppleCare

@HardRom & @James1980,

As stated repeatedly in the guide do use a registered/leached/stolen S/N, if the one you generate verifies with Apples self solve site then generate anther one. If you don't your going to cause a device miss-match on Apples system since the S/N is already registered with the original owner whose ROM & MLB values will be completely different to what you have, thus putting you on Apples Radar as a problem maker ...

In your situation I would generate a complete new set of ID's (SMUUID, MLB,ROL, S/N) .... etc

Before the final reboot and trying iMessage reset your iMessage setup data - see Part-1, Step-4

Cheers
Jay

@Jay,

I've got the Apple support to unlock my account for 3 times already.

No go .

It just doesn't allow me to sign in on my hackintosh. On the real / genuine apple devices, the account works fine.

I even try different Apple ID on my hackintosh. Nope. No go at all.

Always get the same support code , for the same Apple Id I used. but, the apple server just doesn't allow me to register.

:( i am so desperate.

It used to work so nice before.

The only strange thing was that on IORegistryExplorer under IODeviceTree > efi > platform there isn't the system-id line anymore.

Interesting, I also don't have a system-id in IORegistry explorer and currently have working iMessage in Yosemite. I'll let you know if I have the same issue after updating to 8.1 tonight.

Please check IODeviceTree > efi > platform again for SystemId

It should still be there at that location, however because of the way Clover works you should find it about a sixth of the way down the right hand viewer, were as under Chameleon it was always towards the bottom of the viewer.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks Jay for keeping this up to date. It's incredible. I wrote a little shell script that I have being run at start of every boot. It checks that the output of imessage_debug, platform UUID, hardware uuid, and system-id haven't changed. It also checks that the platform uuid and hardware uuid values are the same and that the system-id and hardware uuid aren't the same.

@fidesachates,

Thanks for the feedback and posting your ID checking utility, could be a useful little utility for those who are unsure of what to check for .. I'll take a look at it and get back to you, I was actually thinking of modifying the iMessage debug code to do something very similar .... it still might be worth going that route so that everything is in one file/script .. would make it a useful one-click check that novice users could use to debug the whole iMessage environment and get advice on its current status. I'm working on too many things to take this on right now but if you want to have a go at it and are successful then i'll add it to the guide.

Cheers
Jay

In step 5d, you note that when changing the smuuid by generating a new UUID with uuidgen, it will change your platform UUID. After reboot I'm excepting my hardware UUID to change to the new UUID generated by uuidgen and inputed into the smuuid field in clover configurator but it appears to be a different UUID all together...

@pangpang,

That is the correct behaviour, the SystemID is used as a crypto key by OSX to generate Hardware (platform) UUID.

Cheers
Jay

Back