Contribute
Register
I switched to Clover, and created an smUUID. Now I'm receiving a customer support code error message. The guide makes it seem like Apple blocks your Apple ID from using iMessage, but that's not my case. I can use it on my iPhone and my iPad without any problems.

@lqcorsa,

The IP Block on your Apple ID will only effect MAC's (or Hack's) it does not effect mobile devices. You need to contact Apple using the method detailed in Part-2, Step-8 and give them the Customer Code. Before calling make sure that the Customer Code is consistent if it's changing each time you boot then check your MLB & ROM values.

Cheers
Jay

Hi,

All the sudden my Facetime and Messenger stop to work . I am on 10.9.5. and the error message i am getting is Heartbeat Date: (null) Error: 31 And my AppldId is locked due to that issue.

@jk2309,

One of your system ID's has changed since registering with Apple and the authentication token is failing. This is usually down to either a bad SmUUID which is causing your Hardware UUID to match one of Apples Black lists - See Part-2 of the guide and check if your system is suffering from the SId bug.

If it's ok then check that your MLB & ROM values are consistent see Part-1, Step 5d of the guide.

If your are getting the message to Contact Apple Support with a Customer code then ensure that the code is always the same each time you boot. If it's changing then it its most likely an issue with your MLB or ROM value.

The guide has all the answers .....

Cheers
Jay

I seemed to have the SIID bug as my nvram file name and SMuuid were a bunch of zeros at the beginning ...... but cannot get the values of MLB and ROM to remain constant on reboots..

@Balut,

Unfortunately Chameleon (Chimera) and FileNVRAM have version incompatibles, Chameleon is maintained by many developers independently of FileNVRAM which has had no development done on it for over a year as such the SMBIOS memory tables/structure are moving further apart.

If your Mobo suffers from the Sid bug and you have non persistent nvram values (MLB & ROM) then finding a combination is next to impossible, it can not be done with Chimera but you may have better luck using Chameleon which can be installed easily over Chimera as it's basically the same thing. However depending on your hardware then again it may be impossible to find a version that works/solves all your issues.

Clover is a single integrated solution that has superior support for building the SMBIOS and NVRAM cache at boot time. Now is a good time to move over to Clover so you can be ready for OSX 10.10 next month.

If you have a spare disk, clone your existing install onto it then install Clover so you have a backup solution. Clover is no more difficult to learn than Chameleon,infact once you understand it it makes a lot more sense than Chameleon as it gives you far greater control. But make sure you understand how UEFI booting works before installing it.

Cheers
Jay

If you have a spare disk, clone your existing install onto it then install Clover so you have a backup solution. Clover is no more difficult to learn than Chameleon,infact once you understand it it makes a lot more sense than Chameleon as it gives you far greater control. But make sure you understand how UEFI booting works before installing it.

Jay, thanks for the quick response. I do have a spare disk and will experiment with that. Appreciate the suggestion and I will report back if (I mean, WHEN) I am successful.

Today i got in to the the trouble. My iMessage works fine, my bootloader is Clover. Today i started "iCloud" from System Preferences, after some minutes my imessage got blocked and now i am getting the same error as before "call apple suport, your customer code is: XXXX". I cant call apple again, i call them twice.

Today i got in to the the trouble. My iMessage works fine, my bootloader is Clover. Today i started "iCloud" from System Preferences, after some minutes my imessage got blocked and now i am getting the same error as before "call apple suport, your customer code is: XXXX". I cant call apple again, i call them twice.

@Tomas2D,

Your system must still be changing its identify each time you boot, which is usually down to your MLB and/or ROM value not being persistent. An easy way to identify this is that the customer code will be different each time you boot and try iMessage. Check out Part-1, Step-5d of the guide ... unfortunately this problem can be more difficult to resolve if your motherboard is also suffering from the SId bug ...

I suggest the following :-

• Read Part 2 of the guide up-to Step 7, check if you have the SId bug, if so fix it
  • Check your S/N is correct for the System Type you are using - see Part-1, step 3
  • Check for persistent MLB & ROM values, see Part-1, Step 5d
If your suffering from both the Sid Bug and Non Persistent NVRAM values then consider using Clover as your boot-loader, the reasons why are detailed in the guide.

Once your ready to contact Apple use the method described in Part-2 Step 8 of the guide which should get you through to correct support department without them asking you too many questions, i've called over four times .. i've told them i'm a computer engineer and have a high volume of devices passing through my network .... it's really not a problem just be cool and confident.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
hi Jay,

Well, I have been following this IMessage issue fairly closely on my system, and all the values are consistence. SID bug is fixed using the method on this guide as well. MLB, ROM are same between restart.

However, Is it possible that the registration starts to fail due to my credit card expired on the AppleID account? Because that's the only issue I can see for now, and I have updated the credit card info with new expiry data on the AppleID account, and on Monday I will contact Apple Support to unlock the account.

Other then the 'credit card' expiry issue, I can't see any other thing that could cause the lockout.

hi Jay,

However, Is it possible that the registration starts to fail due to my credit card expired on the AppleID account? Because that's the only issue I can see for now, and I have updated the credit card info with new expiry data on the AppleID account, and on Monday I will contact Apple Support to unlock the account

@jk2309,

I've heard of AppleID Accounts being logged out due to a Credit Card expiring, but only after the grace time and the account no longer has a 'Verified' status (detailed in Part-1, Step-1 of the guide). I guess if you've been logged out and had been suffering Sid Bug and Non-Persistent MLB/ROM (now fixed) then the next time you try to log-in could be enough to trigger the Customer Code lock out. If everything is fixed now then you should be fine, however if you have other hacks on or sharing your network (even a friend visiting with a hack using your WiFi) that will still increase the device count against your WAN's IP/ AppleID eventually re-triggering the customer code lockout again.

Let me know how you get on
Cheers
Jay

Last week (exactly 7 days ago) iMessages and Facetime, suddenly and without explanation, quit working. Whenever I try to log in, I get "The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later."

I've gone through Part 1 and Part 2 of the Fix iMessage guide multiple times and with a fine toothed comb. All of the system values and ID's checked out the way they're supposed to. My Apple ID account is validated with a credit card, I've changed my Apple ID password and reset nvram.plist, but so far, nothing has solved the issue. iMessage and Facetime (which have worked for almost a year) will not connect (iCloud is working just fine).

Is there something I'm missing or will I have to reinstall the OS and start from scratch?

Last edited:
@Tomas2D,

Your system must still be changing its identify each time you boot, which is usually down to your MLB and/or ROM value not being persistent. An easy way to identify this is that the customer code will be different each time you boot and try iMessage. Check out Part-1, Step-5d of the guide ... unfortunately this problem can be more difficult to resolve if your motherboard is also suffering from the SId bug ...

I suggest the following :-

• Read Part 2 of the guide up-to Step 7, check if you have the SId bug, if so fix it
  • Check your S/N is correct for the System Type you are using - see Part-1, step 3
  • Check for persistent MLB & ROM values, see Part-1, Step 5d
If your suffering from both the Sid Bug and Non Persistent NVRAM values then consider using Clover as your boot-loader, the reasons why are detailed in the guide.

Once your ready to contact Apple use the method described in Part-2 Step 8 of the guide which should get you through to correct support department without them asking you too many questions, i've called over four times .. i've told them i'm a computer engineer and have a high volume of devices passing through my network .... it's really not a problem just be cool and confident.

Cheers
Jay

My MLB and ROM are persistant, i check it every boot and they are. But yesterday i log into my iCloud and it work, but iMessage stop working. When i run iMessageDebug i am getting same values as before.

Where is the problem?

Back