Contribute
Register
My Messages was working fine for a year. Yesterday I booted up and I couldn't log into messages.
I have tried all the methods, even going as far as to install clover and test with that. I keep popping up call apple errors, as well as can't register errors.

Just out of the blue it happened, changed nothing. I use the Hackintosh as my main work machine too, so it is really bizarre.

Seemed to happen after the iCloud outage yesterday.

@tabarus,

Thanks for the heads up on RtVariables MLB & ROM becoming deprecated ... its been a while since i looked at the official Wiki, I'll update the guide accordingly, the wiki is a little vague but i think the way it works now is as follows :-

SmUUID: Use uuidgen to generate a random uuid and replace last 6 bytes with MAC address of en0 which will become the ROM Value.

OSXSerial Number: Should be tied to System Type (C0, Ck) as before.

Board S/N: Defaulted to Clovers own value, replace with your OSX S/N + Random Alpha/Numeric digits to make up to 17 digits.

You can still use RTVarables for the moment, I'll do some experiments and check the above before updating the guide.

Cheers
Jay

Jay,

So 'Board Serial Number' = MLB & ROM is automatically generated from SMuuid?

Fixed my non-persistent MLB, ROM values and SmUUID bug with Clover.

I did not use RTVariables;

This is what I did:

SmUUID Generation

- Generate SmUUID using uuidgen from Terminal.
- Replaced the last 12 characters with Ethernet en0 Mac address values (without colons)

config.plist Customization

- Used Clover Configurator (SMBIOS > magic wand) to generate iMac12,2 definition
- Replaced 'Serial Number' with one of my own
- Replaced 'Board ID' with what I had before.
- Populated 'SmUUID' with what was generated as above.
- Populated 'Board Serial Number' with a valid serial model number+5 random characters (MLB)

USB Stick Creation
- Created a USB stick with clover (just to be safe) using Tony's guide.
- Created both Legacy boot & UEFI boot USB sticks (both worked)
- Press F12 during system boot and booted via legacy first & then UEFI; both methods retained above values.

Installation
- Used the UEFI method to install to my main drive using Tony's guide.
- Used the config.plist from the USB
- Rebooted thrice to check if values were persistent (imessage_debug).
- I did not format the hidden EFI partition to FAT32; HFS worked just fine.
- Backed up and deleted my old Chimera/Chameleon 'Extra' folder.

Got a new code from iMessage login; need to call Apple to resolve like last time.

Jay, you're right, thanks for suggesting Clover. It is amazing; it's as 'vanilla' as it gets I guess :thumbup:

Kris

Fixed my non-persistent MLB, ROM values and SmUUID bug with Clover.

Got a new code from iMessage login; need to call Apple to resolve like last time.

Jay, you're right, thanks for suggesting Clover. It is amazing; it's as 'vanilla' as it gets I guess :thumbup:

Kris

@Kris404,

Nice one Kris, like i said, Clover gives you much better control over the SMBIOS and NVRAM at boot time, I really don't understand why so many people are reluctant to make the jump ?.

You interpretation of my summary for the new method of configuring Cover without using RTV's was sport on so thanks for the feedback on that, will update the guide soon.

Cheers
Jay

My Messages was working fine for a year. Yesterday I booted up and I couldn't log into messages.
I have tried all the methods, even going as far as to install clover and test with that. I keep popping up call apple errors, as well as can't register errors.

Just out of the blue it happened, changed nothing. I use the Hackintosh as my main work machine too, so it is really bizarre.

Seemed to happen after the iCloud outage yesterday.

@tyns,

It does not happen 'out of the blue' it's down to the fact that your OSX system is changing it's personality each time it boot. You either have non persistent NVRAM values or invalid syntax of critical OSX ID's such as SmUUID which can cause your platform UUID to match Apples Black Lists. Each time your devices personality changes it is logged as another device associated with your WAN IP. Once you hit a limit it will trigger the Contact Apple message with a Customer Code.

As repeatedly stated in the guide there is no way to stop this other than to ensure that all your system ID's are persistent each time you boot.

If your already using Clover then your half way there. Read Part-2 of the guide and check for the SId bug, fix if necessary, check your BSD names - see part-1, Step 2. Finally ensure your MLB & ROM values are correct and persistent - see Part-1, Step 5d. Then reset iMessage Using Step 4. Use iMessage Debug to find your problems. There is no reason why you should not be able to get it working again if you use the guide.

Cheers
Jay

I tried all the methods here as well, no go. What finally worked for me was something different than what has been suggested from everyone else. It is rather simple to.

I tried FileNVRAM.dylib .2 and .3 .. I don't believe you actually even need these with the new Chimera on Mavericks. The problem exists on Apple's end in regards to registering your machine properly to imessage. after you reinstall several times it just gets confused it seems. I was popping up contact support and unable to activate with account errors for over 2 days of playing around.

What Worked (for me):

You need a real mac to do this, or at least a mac that can log into imessage successfully.

1. open imessage, then go to: Messages>Preferences>Accounts
2. click on your iMessage account (on left column)
3. on the right column select details (under sign out)
4. sign into your iMessage Account Details with your password and hit View Account.
5. re-enter your password and then re-enter it again to verify (you can use your same password)
6. hit save.

It appears this will reset your iMessage account information on apple's end and wipe out any devices that it may be confused with. The only bad thing is that you will need to re-enter your password on your "i" devices to log back into and register them with the iMessage service. not a big deal.

I run without FileNVRAM now and iMessage works fine. took me days to figure this trick out.

Let me know if this works for you, would be curious if this is the actual fix to the problem.

Thanks for posting this, I tried everything on here in regards to this imessage problem and this actually worked on my first try following your instructions good job and thanks again.

Didn't work for me... :(

Thanks for posting this, I tried everything on here in regards to this imessage problem and this actually worked on my first try following your instructions good job and thanks again.

Didn't work for me :(

Back