Contribute
Register
@tyns,

It does not happen 'out of the blue' it's down to the fact that your OSX system is changing it's personality each time it boot. You either have non persistent NVRAM values or invalid syntax of critical OSX ID's such as SmUUID which can cause your platform UUID to match Apples Black Lists. Each time your devices personality changes it is logged as another device associated with your WAN IP. Once you hit a limit it will trigger the Contact Apple message with a Customer Code.

As repeatedly stated in the guide there is no way to stop this other than to ensure that all your system ID's are persistent each time you boot.

If your already using Clover then your half way there. Read Part-2 of the guide and check for the SId bug, fix if necessary, check your BSD names - see part-1, Step 2. Finally ensure your MLB & ROM values are correct and persistent - see Part-1, Step 5d. Then reset iMessage Using Step 4. Use iMessage Debug to find your problems. There is no reason why you should not be able to get it working again if you use the guide.

Cheers
Jay

It happened out of the blue. I changed nothing.
But I will poke around again.

Thanks for posting this, I tried everything on here in regards to this imessage problem and this actually worked on my first try following your instructions good job and thanks again.

My lock out this time didn't get resolved by this. I enabled two factor so the process for changing passwords is a little different now. I was also playing around a lot with clover to try and resolve things. It is annoying to have to re enter all my passwords on all my "legit" apple computers/devices.

I am going to play a little more later. I can't believe how dependant on Messages I am now!

My lock out this time didn't get resolved by this. I enabled two factor so the process for changing passwords is a little different now. I was also playing around a lot with clover to try and resolve things. It is annoying to have to re enter all my passwords on all my "legit" apple computers/devices.

I am going to play a little more later. I can't believe how dependant on Messages I am now!

@tyns,

2FA has no direct effect on iMessage other than to authenticate a logon request using your AppleID if out of range of your iPhone.

I do not believe that Apple are directly targeting Hackingtosh users per-say, they are improving their on-line security for everyone who uses their on-line eco system which is good for all of us. However I do suspect that they have been tightening security with the imminent release of OSX 10.10 on the horizon and all the new SMS/phone features it brings with it. This in turn has caused some users with systems that had ID issues such as non-persistent nvram values (that did not cause problems before) to now have iMessage issues.

Cheers
Jay

How come after I fix the SID bug and switch to Clover as my boot loader everything works flawlessly but I can only iMessage and FaceTime when an ethernet cable is connected, and not over Wifi?

@homerunman106,

Really not sure whats going on there, I have multiple systems (Sony Laptops / Gigabyte Desktop systems) that have both on-board LAN and updated AC WiFi and iMessage works fine on any NIC. Check your NIC's BSD names and ensure that all devices are identified as 'built-in' - See Part-1, Step 2 of the guide. You could also try re-setting all iMessage config / setup data by following Part-1, Step-4 .... it may help.

Cheers
Jay

@tyns,

2FA has no direct effect on iMessage other than to authenticate a logon request using your AppleID if out of range of your iPhone.

I do not believe that Apple are directly targeting Hackingtosh users per-say, they are improving their on-line security for everyone who uses their on-line eco system which is good for all of us. However I do suspect that they have been tightening security with the imminent release of OSX 10.10 on the horizon and all the new SMS/phone features it brings with it. This in turn has caused some users with systems that had ID issues such as non-persistent nvram values (that did not cause problems before) to now have iMessage issues.

Cheers
Jay

A year ago, if you did a password reset (at least for me and several others), it wiped the blocking slate clean. No further changes to NVRAM were need, no injections.. nothing.. That worked for me for a solid year. Within that time I did all 10.9 updates, and re patches with Multibeast. Things worked very well. I even changed system types to test several months ago and it continued to work.

I only recently added 2factor. I did try a password reset, again no changes to my system set-up, and it did not work for me this time. I have a feeling the 2Factor password reset (through the apple website) is a different reset system. It is not directly tied into apple's messages software as it once was.

No idea why, but I had all mock information generated by Multibeast and Chimera. Smooth sailing up until now.

To be honest, things were working fine, then I booted to windows to work on something, when I booted back to OS X, that is when the problem started.. But I have done that numerous times through out the year. Very frustrating.

I looked at imessage debug after several reboots, the info is consistent..

I am going to wait till yosemite again before I try another password reset attempt. MY wife gets cranky when she gets flooded with password change pop-ups and emails (we share the same account)

I have been through the fix suggestions several times and now understand it better (I think). I seemed to have the SIID bug as my nvram file name and SMuuid were a bunch of zeros at the beginning. Was able to generate a UUID and inject via the smbios.plist, but cannot get the values of MLB and ROM to remain constant on reboots. Did manual injections, which changed them for the current session, but new values on reboot. I am on the latest Chimera with nvram 1.1.3 per the suggestion. Tried nvram 1.1.2, but it caused the ROM values to go all zeros. Back to 1.1.3 and still have problems after nvram resets. Cannot try Clover yet as I am not smart enough to try. Any other suggestions? I can upload files if needed. Sorry for the newb question.

UPDATE: Tried removing HDAEnabler.dylib from the modules folder and rebooting. Still getting different MLB and ROM values.

Quick question. I was previously receiving an activation error message when using Chameleon. I switched to Clover, and created an smUUID. Now I'm receiving a customer support code error message. The guide makes it seem like Apple blocks your Apple ID from using iMessage, but that's not my case. I can use it on my iPhone and my iPad without any problems.

So is it a sure thing that I'm locked out if I'm getting this message, or are there other things I could try?

Yes, you're locked out of using iMessage on the Mac and need to call Apple to unlock (iMessage on iPhone, iPad continue to work).

Before calling ensure your SmUUID, Hardware UUID, MLB & ROM values are persistent between multiple reboots and you're getting the same registration code when trying to sign into iMessage (when your hardware 'personality' changes, you get different codes to call Apple with)

I have been through the fix suggestions several times and now understand it better (I think). I seemed to have the SIID bug as my nvram file name and SMuuid were a bunch of zeros at the beginning. Was able to generate a UUID and inject via the smbios.plist, but cannot get the values of MLB and ROM to remain constant on reboots. Did manual injections, which changed them for the current session, but new values on reboot. I am on the latest Chimera with nvram 1.1.3 per the suggestion. Tried nvram 1.1.2, but it caused the ROM values to go all zeros. Back to 1.1.3 and still have problems after nvram resets. Cannot try Clover yet as I am not smart enough to try. Any other suggestions? I can upload files if needed. Sorry for the newb question.

UPDATE: Tried removing HDAEnabler.dylib from the modules folder and rebooting. Still getting different MLB and ROM values.

Only known solution for you is Clover.

Hi,

All the sudden my Facetime and Messenger stop to work . I am on 10.9.5. and the error message i am getting is

Heartbeat Date: (null) Error: 31

And my AppldId is locked due to that issue.

Both apps used to work before.

Anyone having issues with it recently??

Back