Contribute
Register
@M9679,
See my post here for a starting point
Jay

Can I just confirm what I think I have understood: there is no way to just retro-fit Clover into an existing OS X installation? I really don't relish the thought of building my OS from scratch again as it is my main work machine and I depend on it every day etc. That is my main stalling point in moving to Clover.

Can I just confirm what I think I have understood: there is no way to just retro-fit Clover into an existing OS X installation? I really don't relish the thought of building my OS from scratch again as it is my main work machine and I depend on it every day etc. That is my main stalling point in moving to Clover.

@M9679,

Yes you can simply download the standalone Clover Installer and run it, there is no need to generate a clover USB Installer. Make sure you have a good backup first. If you have Gigabyte 7 Series or later then you should be able to use the UEFI install method. Once installed and setup on the EFI partition Simply select the UEFI option for the drive you have installed it on in the BIOS rather than the legacy (eg P0-SATA) option.

If you have PK's to begin with use your unibeast USB to boot back into OSX, mount the EFI partition, load Clover Configurator and tweak the settings ...

Cheers
Jay

Clover and I are in a love hate battle. I have three systems that I just converted from Chameleon to Clover. The first two had UEFI capabilities and were a breeze to change over, but the X58 system is frustrating me. My main problem is a ROM of all zeros:

4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM: <00000000 00000000 00000000 00>

I'm using the MacPro3,1 definition (though I tried MacPro4,1 and iMac 10,1 to no avail). The appropriate Serial Number, SmUUID (generated with uuidgen) and a MLB and ROM are set within Clover. All values with the exception of the ROM are shown in imessage_debug to be just as set. I don't want to call Apple until all three machines have consistent values and I suspect that the ROM of 0's is not going to work even though it is consistent as zeros.

The second problem is my GTX770 cards and a Cinema Display using DP and the Clover boot. All had been been working well with a Chameleon/MultiBeast boot, but now even though the graphics cards are being recognized the monitor is not and I get a black screen upon boot. I can only see the desktop through screen sharing from another machine. I've swapped in my old ATI 6870 card for now which works fine with the display under Clover.

Planned steps and thoughts:
I'm still running BIOS FF on the GA-X58A-UD3R mb, so I'm planning to upgrade to the newest (FH), but I don't hold out much hope for that fixing anything. I'm also considering just scraping the X58 board and upgrading to one with UEFI, but I'd like to forgo the expense of that if possible, for the current system is adequate for my needs if only iMessage and FaceTime would work.

UPDATE:

Amazingly the BIOS update to FH ( or perhaps the resetting to "optimal settings" and reconfiguring) resolved the 0's in the ROM value. The imessage_debug now displays the value set by Clover. It is too late to do much more, but tomorrow I shall swap in one of the GTX770 cards to see if I can get it to output to display port. Regardless it looks like I'm ready to call Apple with the customer code to get iMessage working again.

Last edited:
Clover and I are in a love hate battle. I have three systems that I just converted from Chameleon to Clover. The first two had UEFI capabilities and were a breeze to change over, but the X58 system is frustrating me. My main problem is a ROM of all zeros:

UPDATE:

Amazingly the BIOS update to FH ( or perhaps the resetting to "optimal settings" and reconfiguring) resolved the 0's in the ROM value. The imessage_debug now displays the value set by Clover. It is too late to do much more, but tomorrow I shall swap in one of the GTX770 cards to see if I can get it to output to display port. Regardless it looks like I'm ready to call Apple with the customer code to get iMessage working again.

@BadBiscuit,

Glad you were able to resolve your ROM value issues, I seem to remember someone else having hardware issues using a Display Port not sure if he as able to resolve it, but i know its a common issue ...

If my memory serves me correct the answer lies with the System Type in your SMBIOS ....try iMac 13,2

If that doesn't work the best advice i can give is to get registered on the Clover support forum and log a ticket. Clover development is in full swing so they need this sort of feedback.

Cheers
Jay

Excellent guide. You sir, deserve a gold medal for working this all out.

I struggled with this for some time. It started with the "An error occurred during activation" message and eventually (after working through the first series of steps) I got the message to call Apple. The lady I spoke with was quick and to the point and re-activated my account (she only needed my apple id/email address).

Here are my specs:
- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH w/ i7-3770
- Using the onboard intel graphics
- Mavericks 10.9.5
- Installed with Unibeast 4.0.2 and Multibeast 6.5.0
- Mac Mini 6,2 selected in Chameleon Wizard
- Chameleon v2.2svn r2378
- FileNVRAM 1.1.3

I checked the nvram plist after rebooting and the MLB and ROM data is persistent, so I'm hoping I won't have any more issues.

The next challenge will be Yosemite...!

I was getting the contact iMessage support with the customer code. My MLB & ROM was persistent so I gived apple a call after following the steps the get in contact with the correct department. The lady asked for my S/N, I've told her that I couldn't see any serial number on the alert message, only a customer code. I've asked if that was enough to solve my issue and after verify my identity through secret answer and credit card information she fixed it.

Now i've got the same problem on my mother's hackintosh. This time MLB & ROM were not persistent. Her build is newer then mine, and use the
GA-H77N-WiFi that is also affected by the Sid bug. I've migrated from Chimera to Clover and injected correct MLB and ROM value that are now persistent. Now I get the contact iMessage support with a customer code (persistent code among restarts). I'll probably wait few days and ask my mum to call with her phone number associated to her apple id. Do you think is safe to call them again? (different phone number and different apple id).

Thanks for your guide ;)

Any issues with the 10.9.5 update and iMessage? I'm gun shy about doing updates at this point. I'd like to update, but would like to know if I should expect iMessage to stop working after this update? If I should expect that is there a fix already?

Any issues with the 10.9.5 update and iMessage? I'm gun shy about doing updates at this point. I'd like to update, but would like to know if I should expect iMessage to stop working after this update? If I should expect that is there a fix already?

@jborn,

I've updated six machines so far to 10.9.5 (Clover and Chimera based systems), all ok. Recommend running iMessage_Debug before and after installing the update and check all ID's remain the same.

Cheers
Jay

i've got the same problem on my mother's hackintosh. This time MLB & ROM were not persistent. Her build is newer then mine, and use the GA-H77N-WiFi that is also affected by the Sid bug. I've migrated from Chimera to Clover and injected correct MLB and ROM value that are now persistent. Now I get the contact iMessage support with a customer code (persistent code among restarts). I'll probably wait few days and ask my mum to call with her phone number associated to her apple id. Do you think is safe to call them again? (different phone number and different apple id).

Thanks for your guide

@lordcoste,

You should be fine calling Apple again, I've called them many times without any issues. GZ-H77N-WiFi works well with Clover injecting SmUUID, MLB & ROM - so you should have no issues and I suspect it was this machine's changing ID's that triggered the block on your AppleID.

Cheers
Jay

Back