Contribute
Register
Sorry to add more to this thread, but I have a quick question. I upgraded to 10.9.5 and all was well until i rebooted last night, then all of a sudden my iMessage stopped working.....updated my fileNVRAM.dylib in my Extras folder to version 1.1.3 .... BINGO call Apple support message popped up with a code to use...so I'll call them tomorrow and we'll go from there.

The only change from last week is updating to 10.9.5, had to reinstall sound using MB 6.1.0 and TRIM with MB 6.4.2...not sure why it broke...

@fixjet,

I always recommend disconnecting from your network when updating OSX (LAN or WiFi) and stay disconnected until the update is complete and iMessage debug returns correct values.

Some systems need to use Unibeast or require NullAppleIntelCPUManagement be installed when performing an update .... if you do it's possible that a failed MLB and or ROM value can be logged with Apple ... if this miss-match is logged against your IP it can be enough to trigger the Contact Apple / Customer Code Msg.

Cheers
Jay

Today i called to Apple support and i was succesful, thanks for the guide!

@fixjet,

I always recommend disconnecting from your network when updating OSX (LAN or WiFi) and stay disconnected until the update is complete and iMessage debug returns correct values.

Some systems need to use Unibeast or require NullAppleIntelCPUManagement be installed when performing an update .... if you do it's possible that a failed MLB and or ROM value can be logged with Apple ... if this miss-match is logged against your IP it can be enough to trigger the Contact Apple / Customer Code Msg.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks Jay, I figured all that out a bit late. LOL. BTW I called apple support, the automated system wanted my s/n but after three tries it said "I will get someone to help you", a very nice lady came on and I just told her I had an iMessage problem and had a customer code...she confirmed my Apple ID, phone number (voicepass as per guide helped I am sure) and reset something, all good. She was very nice. They are very busy right now with all the new releases so good time to call I guess.

Thank you for the advice, and the guide...

I had my iMessage working perfectly up to today. It has been like that, same SMBIOS and everything for over a year.

Then it get stuck on the support thing. I tried all the settings again, created a new SMBIOS, removed the files, nothing works.

And to call Apple, I should pay $19. That and the extra USB 3.0 card, the extra Bluetooth dongle, the extra cables, extra etc etc and all the time I spent on this, this hackintosh has costed me more than a new iMac easily. I'm so frustrated with this right now.

Anyway, thanks for the guide, all the information was very helpful and well written, unfortunately for me, still no dice.

hi, well no luck in canada
We do not know the problem
it does not save what to do with the client code,
I'll wait and hope Yosmite is better or another alternative to call Apple Canada

So, just an update.

I got into a pickle with the apple support because there was a wait and the lady found my old iMac serial number even though I said I didn't have it. Probably that would have been ok anyway, but just saying, the SN request means nothing. Just bogus out saying you took a screenshot and is calling from work or what not and that will do.

The sad part is that I'll have to do the same for my wife's hackintosh too...

Thanks for the guide. I have used it to fix iMessage a few times now, or at least I thought. I had a problem after this most recent 10.9 update and in trying to solve that I realise that the MLB and ROM values are changing between reboots. The way I read the guide, these values must NOT change between reboots. I think I have covered all suggested steps for addressing this and yet they still change after every boot.

The MLB value has the same (correct) starting string each time - ie the SMserial value, which in turn has the correct two-letter prefix. However the filler characters at the end do change after each reboot. Is that OK or no?

The ROM value changes after every boot even tho I successfully manually entered a value for this (using the en0 MAC with % in front of each hex pair). I was able to see that the correct (MAC) value had been accepted, but it changed after reboot.

I have Chimera v3.0.1 and have tried with both Chameleon v2.2svn r2286 and r2378.

I have FileNVRAM 1.1.3. I do have other files in the /Extra/modules directory (HDAEnabler.dylib and Keylayout.dylib) and don't want to remove those unless I have a solid reason to (I don't know what they are for or whether needed, and the guide is pretty vague about what is OK to delete from modules and what isn't).

Literally EVERYTHING else in the guide is looking (and persisting) as expected.

I don't want to call Apple Support (I have the Customer Code message) to unlock my iMessage login until I have this persistence sorted.

I see lots of suggestions to move to Clover, but I don't really want to have to re-learn all the tricks I had to learn to get Chimera and Chameleon working properly, so I'd like to avoid that just now if possible.

Any advice on whether both MLB and ROM really must both be IDENTICAL (to their previous value) between reboots, or on how to make that happen?

This totally worked for me, thank you! I got the Customer Code error, followed this guide, called Apple to setup a call appt, talked to an Apple support person at the time arranged, who took my generated S/N and my statement of "it's a Mac desktop" as read and sorted out my issues in like 10 minutes.

Heartily "Recommended".

Thanks, MUCH.

I have been working setting up Imessage for weeks without success.

My configuration is Intel I5 4460 and gigabyte H87m-D3H

Yesterday i finally managed to have persistent MBL and ROM values switching from chimera to Chameleon r2283 version and using FileNVRAM 1.1.3 version.

The
FileNVRAM created a nvram xxxx.plist where xxx are not the system UUID thet i have injected in boot.plist ( previously the names matches) ( i think i have ISid bug)

installing a newer version of chamaleon a new nvramxxxx.plist is created with the former name and the non persisting ROM and MBl values start again.

Is
Chameleon r2283 the only version that works?
Do i have to worry about the strange nvram .plist name ?
In terminal i still see my computer as a "mac pro" even if i have chosen from the beginning Imac 14.2 in chimera. Do I have to worry about it ? can it affect Imessage ?
Moreover chamaleon change my video driver from intel hd 4600 to something like "iris-something"

I am really thinking about move to clover even if i don't know anything about it.

any advice ??

And to call Apple, I should pay $19 ..... etc etc and all the time I spent on this, this hackintosh has costed me more than a new iMac easily. I'm so frustrated with this right now.

Anyway, thanks for the guide, all the information was very helpful and well written, unfortunately for me, still no dice.

@morph21,

Thanks for the feedback but I don't understand why you think you need to Pay Apple for support on iMessage ?, no one on this thread has had to do that .... have you tried using the method to Contact Apple in Part-2, Step-8 ?

There will always be compromises when using a hackingtosh, with the way things are right now as long as you have good/supported hardware you should be able to get everything working, just be careful when install Combo updates - sure a bit of fine tuning is required to get certain hardware working but you should see that as a challenge rather than a chore.

So, just an update .... I got into a pickle with the apple support because there was a wait and the lady found my old iMac serial number even though I said I didn't have it ..... The sad part is that I'll have to do the same for my wife's hackintosh too...

I've always found Appel Phone support very professional and fantastic considering I don't own a MAC, not sure why you say its 'sad' you have to do the same for your other machine. If you follow the guide and get everything correct and persistent and use the same ID's in the future then you'll not see the problem again. The only reason your AppleID/Device got blocked is that your Hackingtosh was not set up correct in the first place .... you should always consider everyday with a Hackingtosh as a school day .... everyday you'll learn something.

Cheers
Jay

Back