Contribute
Register
Hello good finally I found someone who was able to apple canada removed the blockage on iMessage and does it work thank you for the guide, good job

Call Apple and they will unlock your account.

i've done it successfully but to speak with them i've insert the real serial number of my macbookair :headbang:

Sadly I still can't log into imessage. It worked for a long time and then one day (prior to the current update) I got a popup asking me to login again. I don't get a code to call apple with just a message that an error had occurred during activation and asked that I try again. Of course trying again doesn't help.

I've followed the link on how to fix imessage to no avail. I think it's time for me to give up on using imessage on my hack anymore. It was nice!!

hi this is easier to do with clover
1) find a real serial number apple (If you will make a 13.3 imac smbios go somewhere real serial number of imac 13.3)

@Gerard71,

Do not use a OSX serial Number from another MAC, Apple's systems will detect the miss-match and flag it against your AppleID. There is absolutely nothing to gain form using the S/N of anther machine. By doing so you are stealing someone else's system identify. Not a good idea in these times of increasing on-line security.

Since the OSX S/N will not match any of the other systems electronic identities you have stolen the S/N from, Apples systems will identify that your device as a possible hacker, by using someone else real OSX S/N you are attracting attention to yourself.

If your using a hackingtosh it is far safer to use a random/non-registered S/N (same goes for all the other critical ID's) and stay of the radar.

The only time you should ever use another machines OSX S/N is when calling Apple Support and only if they persist with the invalid S/N, but even then if your smart you can work around that, just refocus the operator on the iMessage/Customer Code, eventually they will drop the fact that they cant find your S/N.

Of course if you own a real MAC that is registered to you then you can use all the ID's which will almost make it a direct clone but be aware that Apple's system's may figure out that its not via the NIC's MAC Address.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for your reply. I fixed my iMessage :)

I have a question which Network driver on Multibeast 6.5 should i install for Intel i217V and i210AT Ethernet

@iyeow,

Best bet is to start with the earlier versions first, don't assume that the latest kext/driver is the best - I have suffered poor LAN performance and lock-ups using the latest versions of Intel, Atheros and RealTek drivers.

Changing kext's for your on-board NIC's will not effect iMessage as long as the BSD names are correct (see Part-1, Step-2 of the guide), so you can easily try different versions.

Cheers
Jay

Sadly I still can't log into imessage. It worked for a long time and then one day (prior to the current update) I got a popup asking me to login again. I don't get a code to call apple with just a message that an error had occurred during activation and asked that I try again. Of course trying again doesn't help.

I've followed the link on how to fix imessage to no avail. I think it's time for me to give up on using imessage on my hack anymore. It was nice!!

@fwp,

There is absolutely no reason why you should not be able to get iMessage working again. The Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (in your signature) suffers from the SId bug so you should be injecting a new SystemId (SmUUID) (see Part 2 of the guide)

The biggest problem for novice hackingtosher's is when you have a combined set of issues, such as your BIOS suffers from the SId bug and you have non-persistent MLB & ROM values (see Step 5d). You can try working through the suggestions in Step 5d using different versions of Chameleon and FileNVRAM but both of these utilities have poor support for SMBIOS and NVRAM injection at boot time and have version incompatibilities.

In these instances if you switch to using Clover then it will resolve all of these issues simply and easily. You have a UEFI capable motherboard so installing Clover is straight forward (I have GA-Z77X-UD5H RAID system and iMessage works great using Clover).

I've recently (in the last few days) re-written many sections of the guide to try and make some of the steps and iMessage issues easer to understand, try reading through it again.

Don't give up
Cheers
Jay

I have 2 Hackintoshes (1 at work, 1 at home), and a 2009 Macbook Pro. iMessage working fine on MBP, but now I have Apple Support message and code on both hackintoshes.

I've been able to successfully follow the guide in previous times iMessage went broke, but I wasn't getting the support code before, just something along the lines of "Unable to sign in" or similar.

My question is, do I need to call Apple twice to have this addressed on each hackintosh? Is it worth trying to fiddle with the values again (which resolved the issue last time)?

Had the total lock out problem in iMessage and FaceTime on a new Clover install. Followed this guide, got to Part 2, Step 8. Was still a bit worried about calling Apple but did it anyway. It took less than a minute to get through to a human being, which was impressive. The man I spoke to was very helpful and after I'd given him my Customer Code he fixed the problem in about 30 seconds and waited for me to log in to check it had worked. He didn't even ask for a serial number!

My question is, do I need to call Apple twice to have this addressed on each hackintosh? Is it worth trying to fiddle with the values again (which resolved the issue last time)?

@erichepler,

As stated in Part-2, Step-8 of the guide, once your happy that all the ID's are correct on all your hacks, make a note of all the customer codes and work through them one by one with the operator, I did five in one hit without any issues.

Cheers
Jay

Back