Contribute
Register
Just wanted to briefly follow up...

That confirms that right now IORegistryExplorer is reporting my "old" SystemId, not the new one, which I can confirm because it's the same number that was used the filename of an older nvram.********-****-****-****-************.plist file (and that same name is on the same file currently in the Extras directory, though that is probably because we restored the directory from a Time Machine backup). So if I put that OLD value into org.chameleon.Boot.plist under the SystemID key temporarily, that should clean up any places where the "new" value might be lingering, right? I figure it is worth a try and have already added it using TextWrangler, just in case my system unexpectedly crashes or something. If it still picks up any other SystemID during boot then I have no idea where it is getting it.

Since putting the "old" value into org.chameleon.Boot.plist I have rebooted twice now with no issues. So I don't know how it was still picking up the SystemID that I had deleted, but apparently it was.

With regards to the gmail issue, I don't really understand whats going on there, no one else has reported such wideness, it's possible that google also uses the uuid and/or S/N somewhere along the line but thats just a guess, from the sound of it you've been through the mill with a cascade of s/n and uuid changes so all sorts of stuff could have happened, thats the point of the fix to make sure you have a unique s/n & SystemId to stop this sort of wideness.

I think one reason this might not be reported more often is because not that many people use Mail to POP their Gmail account. A lot of people either don't use Gmail at all, or if they do, they interact with it via their browser. I just prefer to bring it onto my system and read it there. Same thing with Google Talk… there are probably a lot of people who, if they use a third-party instant message server at all, use AIM or Yahoo, or something else besides Google. Those people would never notice that issue. I'm not discounting the fact that it could be something unique to my configuration, but I have no idea what that would be, especially since when we initially installed Mavericks we did a full reinstall.

At least the system seems to be working as it did before, even if we were not successful in getting iMessage to work. Considering that I went through a week of worrying that my system would never reboot properly once I attempted to reboot it, I'm not anxious to try it again real soon. My son thinks the reason it rebooted was because I had a camera ready to capture an image of the exact error if it failed again. :D

Hi Jay,
I've been trying to get iMessage work for quite some time. However, I've noticed that the 'nvram.uuid.plist' in /Extra has never been created till now. Tried all the possible steps, Path A, Path B and Path C and yet I've never seen that file getting created. The /Extra folder is placed in the Root drive as well.
Any idea why this is occuring?
Facetime logs in but then I always get a "Facetime Failed" error message.
Have been updating the bootloader using the latest chimera available.
:(

@binnyboi

If you are using Chimera then you should only follow path A, once those changes are done, delete any files called nvram.uuid.plist in /Extra and reboot. If the file is not re-generated then make sure you have FileNVRAM.dynlib version 1.1.2 in /Extra/modules. If the file is still not generated then there is an issue with your boot-loader.

Make sure that you do not have another OSX bootable drive on your system, one user had a tiny USB stick that had the unibaest installer on it:-

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage-19.html#post785078

If the file nvram.uuid.plist is getting generated in /Extra does the uuid in the filename match the one you are injecting via path A ?

Cheers
Jay

Just wanted to briefly follow up...

At least the system seems to be working as it did before, even if we were not successful in getting iMessage to work. Considering that I went through a week of worrying that my system would never reboot properly once I attempted to reboot it, I'm not anxious to try it again real soon. My son thinks the reason it rebooted was because I had a camera ready to capture an image of the exact error if it failed again. :D

@TreeMan2011

I'm pleased that you where able to get your system working as it was, I'm still not convinced that the SId Bug fix could cause the issue you saw with Gmail but i'll remain open to the idea if someone else can confirm the issue ....

Going forward I would get another HDD and try a clean install of OSX Mavericks using the latest unibeast and multibeast installers from the downloads section of the site:

Do not try to connect to the internet or enter your iCloud ID until you have finished installing all the software updates and the SId Bug Fix (Part-2 Path A) - unplug the cable just to make sure.

When you have finished, reboot and check the file nvram.uuid.plist is in the /Extra folder and that the filename matches the one you injected in the chameleon.plist.

If it looks ok try connecting to Appstore, if thats ok goto system preferences and add your AppleID to the iCloud settings and reboot, then iMessage, hopefully it will work.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

I hope this isn't too off topic but want to confirm my sign in problems with iMessage not working, App Store not working & iTunes Match not working. Are all related to this same issue cause I have all 3? Previously they all worked fine - using JayMonkey's initial post before the Apple server ID check thing for iMessage.

I've run How to Fix iMessage - Part 2 twice so far without success, everything seems to inject except that I get the generic nvram.uuid.plist number after reboot that does not match the system-id (via IORegistryExplorer: IODeviceTree : efi / platform / system-id). I will try one more time and post if the problem persist. I am Chimera 2.2.1 r2284 using path A. I am on UP5-TH MoBo.

I just saw Chimera 3.0 was released.

I hope this isn't too off topic but want to confirm my sign in problems with iMessage not work, App Store not working & iTunes Match not working are all related to this same issue cause I have all 3. Previously they all worked fine - using JayMonkey's initial post before the Apple server ID check for iMessage

I've run How to Fix iMessage - Part 2 twice so far without success, everything seems to work except that I get the generic nvram.uuid.plist number after reboot that does not match the system-id (via IORegistryExplorer: IODeviceTree : efi / platform / system-id. I will try one more time and post if the problem persist. I am Chimera 2.2.1 r2284 using path A. I am on UP5-TH MoBo.

I just saw Chimera 3.0 was released.

@joebrod

Your not off topic at all, if you still have issues please post and i'll try to help.

@All

As some of you may be aware Chimera 3.0 has just been released.

It should be based on the recent committed code changes to Chameleon so Chimera may no longer support 'SystemId' injection via Path A. If you are running Chimera V3 and you find Path A does not work try injecting via Path B - it is quite likely that Chimera has followed the last release of Chameleon and injection is now via SMBIOS using the 'SMsystemuuid' key.

I have updated the SId Bug fix section of How to Fix iMessage - Part 2 with the above, if some of you could provide feedback, i'll be able to make it a permeant change if it turns out to be the case.

Cheers
Jay

So.

For all guys in Germany (and other countries) with a hackintosh:

I had just call the AppleCare-Hotline for germany. A Computer asking me for the Apple-Device(in my case - Mac Pro) and then for the serial-number for this device(look in "About this mac"/"Über diesen Mac"). I said him just the generated serial number from "Chameleon Wizard" and after a while in queue, the assistant switched me (with the validation code) free.

No stupid questions and really friendly guys on the hotline. So have no fear. It's really simple and it works.

(Sorry for my gramma)

in german:
Ich habe gerade die AppleCare-Hotline für Deutschland angerufen. Eine Computerstimme fragte mich nach meinen Apple-Produkt(in meinen Fall - Mac Pro) und dann nach der Seriennummer für diesen Rechner(einfach im Menü "Über diesen Mac" schauen). Ich hab dann einfach die generierte Seriennummer gesagt die von "Chameleon Wizard" generiert wurde und nach einer weile in der Warteschlange, schaltete mich der Mitarbeiter frei (mit den Validierungscode).

Keine dummen Fragen und freundliche Leute an der Hotline. Also habt keine Angst. Ist wirklich einfach und es funktioniert.

Ruppi

So.

For all guys in Germany (and other countries) with a hackingtosh:

I had just call the AppleCare-Hotline for Germany.....
No stupid questions and really friendly guys on the hotline. So have no fear. It's really simple and it works.

Ruppi

@Ruppi

Thats great to know, thanks for the feedback...

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jaymonkey,

Thanks for the write up man. Just wanted to push over my findings.

Part 2:

You made mention of org.chameleon.Boot.plist and the SystemId string. This had absolutely no effect in solving the NVRAM Sid bug.

Some more information.

Mavericks 9.2 Gigabyte EFI board. NVRam 1.1.3 working with Chameleon 3 (which seems solid by the way)

After trial and error I dumped out the SystemId string and key from org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Added to smbios.plist SMsystemid and key value (took UUID from uuidgen)
Removed all nvram.XXXXX.plist files from /Extra
Disk Permissions Repair and reboot

This worked wonderfully and confirmed an active system-id via IOJones

To be completely transparent org.chameleon.Boot.plist and SystemId on Chameleon 3.0 do nothing for this iMessage and FaceTime fix.

smbios.plist and SMsystemid on Chameleon 3.0 and NVRam 1.1.3 was the winning combination.

Thanks again man!

Cheers,

I

Hi Jaymonkey,

Thanks for the write up man. Just wanted to push over my findings.

Part 2:

You made mention of org.chameleon.Boot.plist and the SystemId string. This had absolutely no effect in solving the NVRAM Sid bug.

Some more information.

Mavericks 9.2 Gigabyte EFI board. NVRam 1.1.3 working with Chameleon 3 (which seems solid by the way)

Thanks again man!

Cheers,

I

@infamoose

As stated in post no #515, the latest release of Chimera should be based on the recent committed code changes to Chameleon. Since Chameleon dropped support for 'SystemId' in org.chameleon.Boot.plist a few revisions ago and moved to injecting via SMBIOS - (Path B in the guide) it was only a matter time before Chimera followed suit.

@All

Update: I got a message today from tonymacx86 suggestiong that "Chimera V 3.0+ works well with FileNVRAM 1.1.3" I'd like to confirm this myself before writing it up as a matter of fact in the guide but it would suggest that it is the case as confirmed by your findings.

I'v updated both Part-1 and Part 2 of the guide with notes and suggestions for supporting Chimera V3+, but I could really do with more feedback on this development, your the first to confirm it so far - so thanks and i'm glad the guide helped you, I'll wait for a few more users to confirm before making the change permeant.

Cheers
Jay

I´ve just tested Chimera 3.0.1 and FileNVRAM 1.1.3 and that combination is in fact working on my UP5-TH
I deleted FileNVRam 1.1.2 from Extra/modules folder and replaced it with 1.1.3
deleted nvram.plist from Extra folder
installed Chimera 3.0.1
ran KextWizard maintenance
ran this command:
sudo nvram boot-args=""
in terminal
And rebooted
Everything´s fine according iMessage.

Back