Contribute
Register
Has changing the SMBIOS made any difference, are you able to sign in to Messages etc?
  1. Which version of macOS are you running?
  2. Do you have the correct Intel Bluetooth kexts installed, i.e.
    1. for Ventura v2.2.0 Stable release or
    2. for Sonoma v2.3.0 Alpha release.
  3. Do you have the latest BlueToolFixup.kext, v2.6.8?
No change at all. Tried also creating other user, also with other appleid. Still cant sign in
1.Sonoma (Ventura was ok without a prob)
2.Correct Intel BT kext AirportItlwm for sonoma 2.3.0 alpha
3.BlueToolFixup 2.6.8 (version from kexts info.plist)
Again, thank you for your time

Is the WiFi network device set as ’en0’ or ’en1’, when you check the network details in Sys Information > WiFi or Network reports. It shouldn’t be ‘en0’, your Ethernet connection should be set as ’en0’.

Is the WiFi network device set as ’en0’ or ’en1’, when you check the network details in Sys Information > WiFi or Network reports. It shouldn’t be ‘en0’, your Ethernet connection should be set as ’en0’.
ethernet is as en0, wifi as en1

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 11.07.33.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 11.07.33.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 8
ethernet is as en0, wifi as en1
Hi, if you haven't already can you run iMessageDebug (attached) and upload the output after partially blocking out any sensitive data? Maybe we will be able to see what the problem could be via the data output.

Attachments

• iMessageDebug.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 15
Hi, if you haven't already can you run iMessageDebug (attached) and upload the output after partially blocking out any sensitive data? Maybe we will be able to see what the problem could be via the data output.
Model: iMac19,1
Board-id: Mac-AA95B1DDAB278B95
SerialNumber: C02-------3Q
Hardware UUID: EF63FBD0-95A2-5194-B25E-3D201D93487F
System-ID: 3293A7B7-E111-4917-9479-6AB0B545FF39
ROM: 440010e6080e
BoardSerialNumber: C02-----------98C

Gq3489ugfi: 8b145ff3cbc65febdbadae616406ef4c87
Fyp98tpgj: a3268cab98dae6424c1affba845ee7f3ed
kbjfrfpoJU: 38f64be084ae3dbafc6c02db9bc471f6c1
oycqAZloTNDm: 44c861bf3e9ae8c590d18c67758be55f3e
abKPld1EcMni: 6d745997c04e71a2892d37ae5c8e11b877

I dont know, but all keys are set and stored in working nvram.
Thank you for help

I dont know, but all keys are set and stored in working nvram.
Thank you for help
I don't see anything out of place within your data so it has to be something else causing the problem.
If you haven't done these step already.

1. Check on Apple that the S/N is in the correct format but not already registered.
2. Log into the online iCloud account and remove any/all machines including your current one then log out.
3. Wait a couple of minutes, it wouldn't hurt to restart the machine , clean NvRAM and boot to Desktop.
4. At this point, try to re-register the machine by logging into your account with your Apple ID and see if it solves the problem.

One sure fired way to find out if there is a problem with your Apple ID on this machine is create a guest account and test it this way or with someone else's ID (preferably a family member as Apple IDs are case sensitive).
Good luck.

I don't see anything out of place within your data so it has to be something else causing the problem.
If you haven't done these step already.

1. Check on Apple that the S/N is in the correct format but not already registered.
2. Log into the online iCloud account and remove any/all machines including your current one then log out.
3. Wait a couple of minutes, it wouldn't hurt to restart the machine , clean NvRAM and boot to Desktop.
4. At this point, try to re-register the machine by logging into your account with your Apple ID and see if it solves the problem.

One sure fired way to find out if there is a problem with your Apple ID on this machine is create a guest account and test it this way or with someone else's ID (preferably a family member as Apple IDs are case sensitive).
Good luck.
When generating the SN (with GenSMBIOS) at apple's checkcoverage the prompt said "Please enter a valid serial number". Now I am confused if it is the correct answer because i tried 20+ SNs but I never got "We're sorry, we're unable to check coverage for this serial number" as mentioned in the guides.

-I logged out from the iCloud and removed the machine from iCloud on iPhone.
-Waited 30min, then restared in OC menu reset NVRAM
-logged to iCloud on my machine

but still it does not work. Messages and facetime sign in keeps spinning

Last edited:
Yes, you want the Apple Support page to say it doesn't recognise the Serial Number.

If it shows you a positive result, with a support date etc. then that Serial Number is being used by a real Mac.

Ok, so what am I missing? My icloud seems to be working except messages, facetime, widgets from iPhone, airdrop, continuity.
This exact problem is also with other apple ids on this machine (different accounts). I also reinstalled sonoma from recovery. But nothing works

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 21.55.57.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 21.55.57.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 16
As @Edhawk said in his post, you want the Apple Support page to say it doesn't recognize the Serial Number.
You just need to keep generating and checking the S/N validity until you get a 'Not Valid' result.

I suspect if you've been using a S/N that came back as valid after checking, you're ID on this machine has been flagged as a potential security risk on Apple Servers or your machine it self.

To possibly overcome the problem, you need to again remove the machine from your account and log out of all Apple Services.

Next you must Generate New Values i.e (non valid) S/N, SmUUID, ROM and MLB and enter these into the config.plist, reboot, clean NvRAM.

Hopefully these steps will remove the security flag. In the past the removal took from an hour to a few days, whether that is still the norm I don't know as I have not come across posts with iMessage problems for a while now.

Back