Register

How to Fix iMessage

Motherboard
Auros Pro
CPU
i5 9600K
Graphics
GT640
How is possible I can use FaceTime and message with one user id but no mine?

Even I've created a tottally new Apple ID, activate it with a new iPhone and I can't use it in my hackintosh with a new Mac user

But my wife user is working perfectly, in her user account and in mine logged with her data

Motherboard
HP
CPU
i5-3470T
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
So I recently got a new Apple ID. The old one is still active but I no longer use it for iMessage.

I hadn't used this machine in a while (mostly have been using the Windows partition), so I updated to Mojave and signed in with the new Apple ID to iCloud with this machine.

When I tried to sign in to iMessage with my new Apple ID, I received the code explaining that I needed to contact Apple Support. Tried all the steps just to make sure all is well and good, but I'm still receiving the same message.

I am willing to give AppleCare a call. I have some familiarity with AppleCare from a few years back, so I understand why they need a serial number when it comes to logging the call. But I'm not sure if giving them my generated serial will cause any problems.

I do have a real Mac that I no longer use; I could use that serial number I suppose. If anyone has made the call could give me some more details, I'd really appreciate it. I can't find, on this forum, where I can search this thread for discussion on this topic specifically.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I am willing to give AppleCare a call. I have some familiarity with AppleCare from a few years back, so I understand why they need a serial number when it comes to logging the call. But I'm not sure if giving them my generated serial will cause any problems.
They will likely ask you if they can connect remotely to check for you. If you say yes, you'll want to have a clean desktop with no hackintosh kexts or Apps in the dock that are hackintosh related on it. Make it look as normal as possible. That is probably all it will take for them to fix it for you. They won't go looking around anymore than checking "about this Mac" and that's it.

Motherboard
HP
CPU
i5-3470T
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
They will likely ask you if they can connect remotely to check for you.
I was hoping to take a walk into the woods and tell them that I'm not near my machine at the moment :p
I'll clean up and see how it goes. But I will try just once more to double check my work, but Debugger seems to be reporting constant values.

Sniki

Motherboard
Lenovo V330 - 15IKB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620 /1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
I was hoping to take a walk into the woods and tell them that I'm not near my machine at the moment :p
I'll clean up and see how it goes. But I will try just once more to double check my work, but Debugger seems to be reporting constant values.
Im definitely curious to see how it goes, if it really fixes it, i may do the same as well just to have those fresh set of values.

For now i dumped 3 old non used anymore machines from some friends but i only took MLB and Rom, i generated my own serial number and UUID and it works, basically MLB & ROM from real mac makes it work.

But in case it turns out to work out for you, i will do it for all my machines so i have working values on all of my 3 machines with non used MLB and Rom as well.

Before doing so i would also suggest you to try this:
https://github.com/acidanthera/MacInfoPkg/releases

It has a checksum to see if values are correct.

Motherboard
HP
CPU
i5-3470T
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
It has a checksum to see if values are correct.
I have an iMac 13,1. The serial number checks out on EveryMac and Apple. However, on the "MacSerial" program, it keeps indicating that the last four characters of the serial (DNCT) belong to a MacBook 8,1. But I don't think that's right.

The ROM and MLB report with no errors. However, of course, still getting the message.

I'm just scared to call lol

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I'm just scared to call lol
In this video, Peter Chato of YT fame, who is also a TMX86 member, shows how to not interact with Apple on a tech support call. Edited for content.
Take home points: Try to stay calm and professional in your interaction, you're not guilty of anything so don't sound that way. Apple tech support people are going to treat you well and try to help in whatever way they can. I've always gotten positive resolutions of problems the times I've had to call for assistance. They usually overlook the fact that your serial number is not in their database and help out anyway.

If you do have them remote in to your CustoMac you'll want to clean up your desktop and dock beforehand. Also, if you are using a Mac Mini or iMac SysDef, don't have your GT 710 or any other card installed that will show up as a "red flag" in About this Mac. The support person may or may not be informed enough to know that Apple has never used a GT 710 or 750 Ti in a Mac mini or iMac. Always have your HD4000, HD5000 or HD630 etc. graphics enabled so it looks as genuine as possible. If you don't have supported igfx you could fake it in your About this Mac section. There are guides on this site that show you how.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP
CPU
i5-3470T
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Quick update: I haven't had a chance to call yet. However, I received a MacBook 7,1 today (a real one); used Mojave Patcher. It works perfectly except for iMessage. I get authentication errors when logging in. I'm sure it's not related; might just be a Mojave Patcher issue, but I had feeling this was going to happen. :p

Motherboard
G751JL
CPU
i7 4720HQ
Graphics
GTX 965M
Mobile Phone
iOS
So, I have just installed Mojave and everything is working great even iCloud except iMessage. Once I try to text someone with an iPhone, it sends it as SMS and just hangs there. When I try to send to someone with an iPhone earlier, it said user is not registered with iMessage which is not true. It worked for a second in the beginning, and, sometimes after restarting it, I will start a new convo, and for a few seconds it will say iMessage then it will go to SMS. I have done everything in this video but it only partially made it work. Supposedly, that is using the guides here. I did everything in Clover, used the iMessage debug and made sure my Ethernet card is set to en0. I also deleted the files it said to delete. So please help. Lots of people I can text with iMessage but most I can't.

Last edited: