Contribute
Register
I somehow was able to get iMessage and Facetime to work. I'm not sure how I did it, but I took a few combinations of posts, and the next thing I know - it worked. I immediately did a Time Machine and CCC backup on a separate USB drive. That's the good news. I can boot from it out of Clover, and it works perfectly.

This is where I became an idiot.

I opened up the preferences in Facetime, and I was curious as to what countries it had listed in there for options. I accidentally let go of the mouse on Afghanistan (I think). Within a matter of seconds, Facetime and iMessage immediately logged out and, no matter what I do, I get "An error occurred during activation...Try again," and "Could not sign in to iMessage...An error occurred during activation. Try again." My daughter, who has a legitimate account for both cannot login either.

Back to the backup - when I log into my backup, I'm good to go again. I am fearful of reimaging my current Hack SSD with the backup for fear of screwing it up even worse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been struggling with getting iMessage/FaceTime to work on this Hackintosh now. I have followed this guide and tried things that seems to apply to me and still to no avail. I have attached the Clover config.plist, maybe someone can suggest what might be the problem getting iMessage/FaceTime to work? Right now I get the error message "An error occurred during activation. Try Again". my AppleID has credit card info, and two-step authentication...etc...

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 257
I have been struggling with getting iMessage/FaceTime to work on this Hackintosh now. I have followed this guide and tried things that seems to apply to me and still to no avail. I have attached the Clover config.plist, maybe someone can suggest what might be the problem getting iMessage/FaceTime to work? Right now I get the error message "An error occurred during activation. Try Again". my AppleID has credit card info, and two-step authentication...etc...

UPDATE ON MY ISSUE:

For whatever reason now, I am getting the Call Customer Support Code when starting iMessage.
I actually just spend 1 hour with support to have them "enable" the account with the Serial number, and still nothing. They said they are going to research and call me back in the next hour or so.

Now it sorta of sign in , but it still say "inactive" and I can't actually send any message to any iMessage people

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 10.11.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 10.11.34 AM.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 150
Hi,

I reached the message to contact the apple support with the customer code given when logging in to iMessage or Facetime.
S/N and SMUUID were created and verified as unused but valid. Unfortunately Apple wasn't able to unlock me. I moved up to the third support level. They said that from their side it looks ok. However I return always to the same customer code when trying to log in. Last request the technician asked me before I had to quit and postpone the trial, was to refresh the NVRAM in booting with alt+cmd+r+d. I quit because I had no more time and I didn't want him to log into my machine. However I doubt that it is really a NVRAM problem.

1. I am not sure that the command alt+cmd+d+r will work with clover.
2. I have checked multiple times if iMessagedebug returns the right values => √
3. When checking with either commandline nvram - xp or reading nvram.plist in ~/EFI or in printing the clover bootlog
I get always the platformUUID with AAAAAA.. /00 00 ....16 bytes empty.
There is nor ROM nor SMUUID.

Shouldn't you find here the ROM, SMUUID, Platform ID?

4. When creating with command sudo nvram MyVar Testworld the variable is kept after booting and copied to nvram.plist. Same the other way round when deleting it with sudo nvram -p MyVar.

I have the doubt that this is the reason why my iMessage can not be unlocked by apple support or is it another problem.
I was trying to find more information about NVRAM and from where the nvram.plist is loaded however couldn't find anything helpful.

What do I need to do? Please Help Me.

Last edited:
Hi! I used Clover Configurator a couple of years ago and essentially bricked my Hackintosh drive. Well, in trying to follow the idiot's guide to iMessage, it appears I may have done it again.

I got to the point where I pasted my generated SmUUID number in Clover Configurator and restarted. I am now permanently stuck on this screen (see attached) each time I reboot. Someone please tell me that I haven't bricked this drive!

Edit - I have an Asus mb, and it is giving a code of 61 that is said be something having to do with NVRAM. I'm not advanced enough to know the fix for that.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, same problem here. Had you fixed it for you? And if yes, can you pleas explain how?
best
Joschka

Facetime and iMessages suddenly started to work on my computer.

So here is my story.

After install of macOS (will be a year soon) I tried to login into iMessages and Facetime and received a Customer Code. I called support - they said that they entered that code, but it didn't work. Finally they said that they can't help me if I don't provide documents where I bought "Mac" because obviously serial number was not valid. I gave up. Later I bought iPhone and though that maybe this will help to validate my Apple ID. Nope. Didn't work either. Never ending Customer Code. In a word, for me it became a dead matter - it seemed impossible. I just forgot it.

And recently more than half a year after purchase of iPhone (and maybe 3-4 month after last try) I went into Launchpad and Facetime icon caught my attention because it had a phone symbol. Maybe it always had this symbol, but I thought that it didn't, so I just tried to login out of curiosity and I succeeded. I then tried to login into iMessages app. No problems. There I tried to activate my iMessages account and received a message that my Apple ID is locked and if I want to unlock it. Sure. So I went through processes of entering codes sent to my phone and I had to change Apple ID password - in a word it was a procedure of pushing buttons on computer and phone and finally everything was set up.

Now. I changed nothing on my computer to make it work. The only thing that separates (as far as I can remember) Customer Code situation and successful logins is that I used Facetime several times on my iPhone over wifi. Of course I was also updating macOS and iOS to the latest versions. But nothing more that I can remember. So I don't know why it is started to work and if it will work always from now on.

P.S. Just for the record - I have debit card associated with my AppleID from the very start and I bought some apps. I also have two-factor authentication on computer.

Last edited:
Does the 'verified' account thing still matter? On Apple's AppleID page, I couldn't see anywhere where it said 'verified' even though I do have a CC associated w/ my account.

Hi all, I am running into a problem. After I try and set up iMessage using @P1LGRIM 's excellent guide my machine won't boot. I've done this a few times on other machines and have had success - so I understand the basic concepts.

I'm a bit stumped. See attached for the verbose output of the failed boot. Thanks for any guidance.

Attachments

• IMG_0223.png
    IMG_0223.png
    18.2 MB · Views: 90
I'm a bit stumped. See attached for the verbose output of the failed boot. Thanks for any guidance.
My guess would be that Clover Configurator enabled all of the ACPI/DSDT fixes, check and disable them if that is the case.

Thx. I'll go in and see if I can figure out what that means or where to disable it. Any pointers ? ;0

Edit: I checked everything on the ACPI page in Clover of the edited config w/ the iMessage changes that won't load and the back up that will load and they're identical.

Last edited:
Back