Contribute
Register
I haven't posted in quite a while as until recently I was happy with Mavericks for years as everything works, even Messages, on a P55A-UD3 motherboard and i5 750 cpu. Then a couple of weeks ago Safari didn't work right so I upgraded to Yosemite with Clover boot loader yesterday. Everything works, Messages included.

I just added my serial number I used for Mavericks and added my MLB and ROM from iMessages debug in Mavericks to RtVariables in config.plist. Just one problem, in my boot log I have this output:
** Warning: Your MLB is not suitable for iMessage(must be 17 chars long) !.
I checked and it is only 16 characters long.

Another problem with config.plist is I left a space in my SmUUID that I got from messages debug in Mavericks, like this,
> XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX< between the greater than key and first number and received this error: Error: invalid SmUUID and an explanation.

Now for my question how and why are Messages and FaceTime apps working?

Now I am afraid to reboot my computer for fear of losing what is now working. I like have Messages on my pc but I really need FaceTime as my daughter is in college, 500 miles away.

Help... Ive been trying to generate a serial number via process suggested in this idiots guide. Finally got to a point where i had reached my code limit. I'm on a Imac 14,2 system, generates codes like this one, D25QW2JIF8JC. Did get a couple to come up as actual produced serial numbers. All the others said the code was invalid. Now i'm getting this, "You’ve reached the code limit and we’re unable to complete your request. Please try again later."

On another note, i can log into iMessage just fine. No messages download or will send/receive however. Even popped up on my iphone that imessage was logged in on another device. Any advice? Keep trying codes?

Cheers

All the others said the code was invalid.

The iDiot's Guide said:
If you see the message "We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again" and the Serial Number has passed verification at everymac.com then it is OK to use this Serial Number for your config.plist.

This is so important that it is worth repeating :
You need a Serial Number that everymac.com confirms is in the correct format and that Apple says is not valid.
It does not mean that it is not a valid Serial Number - It means that it is not already registered.

The confusion is caused in post #6, section 4.1 where the message that people are told to look for is:

"We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again"

Obviously, Apple has changed their website and that is no longer the message to look for. The correct message you want is as the said in the Idiots' Guide... "We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again"

I ran into the same problem until I followed the Idiot's Guide and ignored the suggestion in post #6.

Mark

If I send an imessage on the hackintosh, it does not synchronize on the iPhone, can this be fixed?

If I send an imessage on the hackintosh, it does not synchronize on the iPhone, can this be fixed?
it stays connecting but in the end it puts no connection
Captura de pantalla 2017-12-21 a las 12.51.59.png

I have a real iMac, which works perfectly with iMessage.

Can I use the hardware details from this on my Hackintosh to get iMessage working?

Thanks

Just serial no and hardware ID?

Or do I need other data

Thanks

Just serial no and hardware ID?

Or do I need other data

Thanks
Mac s/n and ROM, you can get these values by running iMessageDeBugger on your real Mac, I guess you'll have to run Uuidgen in Terminal on the Hack to get the SmUUID value or this can also be extracted from the Mac so that it can be injected into the config.plist then all should be ok.

Back