Contribute
Register
hi guys,

im a newbie whos just setup a hackintosh via clover everything works fine except for imessage, graphics card not working properly for dual monitor (when detecting the exact series) and sleep/wake. ill just going to details of the issue of imessage here since this thread focus on imessage.

i had read some related stuff from the guide from page 1 of this thread and followed this guide here. at the end, i got a customer code and went to try to contact apple support suggesting from chapter 8. i had made two calls as i wasn't sure they are not really strict on s/n. So basically, my first call was just directing them to my customer code i got from imessage and they told me they had fix it and ask me to try later when i have access to the mac later. Obvious when i try i got the same code again so I called again. Second call, the lady just skipped the s/n part after she can't verify for 2 attempts. however, i still encounter the same customer code after they said they got me registered in the system. they did some troubleshooting with me but i still have the same code while trying to login and they passed me to a senior technician which i hanged up in the middle of the process.

any suggestion that i can do to find out whats the problem in my hand?
I had checked my value didn't change every reboot via imessagedebug that was provided here.
i also had tried to reset my wan ip.
sorry for my poor english

thanks in advance

If all values are correct on your hack using Clover, you should be able to log into all Apple Services without the need to call Apple, providing your Apple ID or your Hacks's values are not flagged by the Apple Servers. I would suggest to create a guess account and see if you can log in from that account or if you have access to a genuine Apple mac or similar try to log in with your ID - Good luck.

If all values are correct on your hack using Clover, you should be able to log into all Apple Services without the need to call Apple, providing your Apple ID or your Hacks's values are not flagged by the Apple Servers. I would suggest to create a guess account and see if you can log in from that account or if you have access to a genuine Apple mac or similar try to log in with your ID - Good luck.

hey mate,
thanks for the reply.
i had tried to login with a genuine mac and the apple id that i use for my hack works.
however when i try via guest user mode on my hack i still get the same customer codes.
so im guessing with my limited knowledge that i having the wrong values. is that correct?

Good afternoon. So dig this big crux. Recently updated to Clover on two machines (see my bio). No problem on my machine getting iMessage to work. On my wife's machine, I can login with MY user ID and imessage/facetime work with no problem. However, with her user ID I get the old: "To use iMessage with this Mac, contact Apple Support and provide the code below."

I called Apple and gave them the code. Still no worky. I tried changing my wife's password. Still no worky. This seems like an issue associated with her Apple ID, since mine will work flawlessly on her hack. Any ideas here?

Thanks, as usual, to all.

Amybbbt, Check chapter 3.4. I believe there is a solution for your problem.

Good afternoon. So dig this big crux. Recently updated to Clover on two machines (see my bio). No problem on my machine getting iMessage to work. On my wife's machine, I can login with MY user ID and imessage/facetime work with no problem. However, with her user ID I get the old: "To use iMessage with this Mac, contact Apple Support and provide the code below."

I called Apple and gave them the code. Still no worky. I tried changing my wife's password. Still no worky. This seems like an issue associated with her Apple ID, since mine will work flawlessly on her hack. Any ideas here?

Thanks, as usual, to all.

I don't no much about this... but her account could've been blacklisted/banned (whatever you wanna call it) due to using someones genuine serial number etc...

Definitely not using someone else's serial number (followed the guide and made sure the Clover generated SN is unused). Her iPhone uses iMessage and Facebook just fine. Any other ideas?

Amybbbt, Check chapter 3.4. I believe there is a solution for your problem.
as mentioned i already tried that solution.
however i only tried reseting the wan ip by myself.
ill try call my isp to reset it again and if it still exist i will contact apple one more time.
thanks again:thumbup:
let you guys know my result

Some more intel:

I can use my User ID on wife's hack with iMessage, but her user ID won't work.
I can use my User ID on my hack with iMessage, but her user ID won't work.
I can use both my User ID and her User ID on my Macbook Pro (genuine apple hardware) with iMessage.

So it seems to be some diabolical combination of a Hackintosh and her user ID. I'm really struggling to figure this one out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am thinking about finally making the jump to Yosemite - I have been avoiding it because I am afraid of getting my Apple ID locked. I installed Clover on a second partition and it is working fine so far - though I have not yet tried logging into iMessage.

On my Chimera partition I have the NVRam fix from this thread going and iMessages is working fine - has been since March. Am I better off updating that partition to Yosemite and then switching my bootloader to Clover or starting with a fresh install? I am thinking that upgrading would have the same serial number and SMUUID already. Should I upgrade, install Clover and transfer the values from the working Mavericks install to Clover via Clover Config?

Any ideas / thoughts / success stories would be helpful! As you can see from my system info I am running basically a 2013 Customac Pro. Very basic. Thanks!

Some more intel:

I can use my User ID on wife's hack with iMessage, but her user ID won't work.
I can use my User ID on my hack with iMessage, but her user ID won't work.
I can use both my User ID and her User ID on my Macbook Pro (genuine apple hardware) with iMessage.

So it seems to be some diabolical combination of a Hackintosh and her user ID. I'm really struggling to figure this one out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Goto chapter 3.3. Run these two commands in terminal (needed so you can view files that need to be deleted and be able to navigate to them)
  1. defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
  2. killall Finder
  3. delete the iMessage config files (where to navigate to and stuff that needs to be deleted in chapter), reboot, empty trash can, repair disk permissions, and try logging in...

EDIT: Also delete any files with security in the title... and please manually navigate to the folders to make sure your in the right ones..

P.S. I deleted a couple of files not mentioned with the word messages in them and others (Prob didn't make a diff)

Good Luck!

Back