Contribute
Register
I had the same problem. Enable 2 step authentication on your Apple ID & add a credit/debit card. It should start working.

thx @xxxnac
i just tried and i got a different customer code this time.
any suggestion?

Quick question - more for my own understanding than anything else: I noticed that on my working machine, iMessage Debug reports that the BoardSerialNumber is a unique number that contains my full working serial number for the system:

SerialNumber: G8ABCDEFGHI
BoardSerialNumber: G8ABCDEFGHI26D6S

It is basically My system's serial number followed by 5 more digits.

On my non-working machine, the BoardSerialNumber is completely different from the S/N. Should the BoardSerialNumber (which is the MLB, right?) contain the full serial number of the system? I am getting the "CALL APPLE" message and just want to get my ducks in a row before I do that, and I couldn't find a clear answer in the chapters on the first page.

Quick question - more for my own understanding than anything else: I noticed that on my working machine, iMessage Debug reports that the BoardSerialNumber is a unique number that contains my full working serial number for the system:

SerialNumber: G8ABCDEFGHI
BoardSerialNumber: G8ABCDEFGHI26D6S

It is basically My system's serial number followed by 5 more digits.

On my non-working machine, the BoardSerialNumber is completely different from the S/N. Should the BoardSerialNumber (which is the MLB, right?) contain the full serial number of the system? I am getting the "CALL APPLE" message and just want to get my ducks in a row before I do that, and I couldn't find a clear answer in the chapters on the first page.
your boardserialnumber should be the same as the mlb
to my understanding they are the same thing as mlb read will be read from boardserialnumber from smbios.
for more info read chap 7.1
i think in your case, you just need to change the value to s/n+any alpha-numeric (13 long if you have a 11 digits s/n or 17 long if you have a 12 digits s/n) .
hope this help.

your boardserialnumber should be the same as the mlb
to my understanding they are the same thing as mlb read will be read from boardserialnumber from smbios.
for more info read chap 7.1
i think in your case, you just need to change the value to s/n+any alpha-numeric (13 long if you have a 11 digits s/n or 17 long if you have a 12 digits s/n) .
hope this help.

I called Apple and they were very pleasant - provided the code from iMessages and they reset it and I was able to log in. But, I cannot send any iMessages (I get red addresses when typing them in, and the "this user cannot receive iMessages" response). Reading through some of the thread this seemed to just resolve itself for some folks, so I'll just give it a little time, see what happens.

I called Apple and they were very pleasant - provided the code from iMessages and they reset it and I was able to log in. But, I cannot send any iMessages (I get red addresses when typing them in, and the "this user cannot receive iMessages" response). Reading through some of the thread this seemed to just resolve itself for some folks, so I'll just give it a little time, see what happens.
did you check your account page under imessage preferences?
does it show the account is active?

No luck using Chapter 3.3 again. Any other advice?
do you get the same code like i do?
someone suggested to enable 2 step authentication and add credit/debit card and it works after for him.
however, it didn't work for me. i just got a different code which im going to call apple later.

@amybbbt, Did u get a generated password for iMessage and facetime to login after u enabled the 2 step? Also don't keep changing the ROM, MLB, Serial. Call apple care of you country, not US(All good talks and no help). They will whitelist the hardware. Give it a day and login.

@amybbbt, Did u get a generated password for iMessage and facetime to login after u enabled the 2 step? Also don't keep changing the ROM, MLB, Serial. Call apple care of you country, not US(All good talks and no help). They will whitelist the hardware. Give it a day and login.

@xxxnac i did generate a password for imessage and i got a different customer code while attempting to login.
i haven't change any rom,mlb,s/n
think ill just call apple again and see.
thanks mate

So I'm using 10.10.4 and chimera as my boot loader fresh install on a gigabyte ud3h ....I have a graveyard of unwanted macs 2007-2011. is there a simple fix for iMessage by just using the mlb and rom from one of the old macs? I see ch. 7.1 and i know I got macs that will never be used again. I'm a first time hackintosher and have pulled off an amazing build with everything working . but iMessage and FaceTime has got me stumped

Back