Contribute
Register
Thank you for your reply. I have already checked my serial on that page (as well as the one in the guide) and it all checks out fine. It is specified as an iMac late 2013 which has some specs pretty close to what I have. My CPU is a tiny bit more powerful (i5 4590S @3,0 Ghz vs. i5 4570S @2,9 Ghz in the real iMac).

I have used iMsg debugger and there are no changes between reboots. I am using Clover Configurator to inject all the values (in the Rt Variable, SMBios and System info).

If your happy with the settings on your rig and it all checks out as you say, the next area to look at is your Router, it may seem a little whacky but routers has been known to throw glitches causing iMsg/F-Time to act up. There is a section in the iMessage Fix Guide dealing with this issue, You can force a refresh on your Router by turning it off and back again thus forcing a new or more stable mac address. I am not knowledgeable in this area but a member removed the power from his Router over night and reconnected the next day and it solved his iMsg problem - Jay did explain in detail what this action did to correct the problem. Sorry I cant be more specific than that but Good luck and hope find a solution.

If your happy with the settings on your rig and it all checks out as you say, the next area to look at is your Router, it may seem a little whacky but routers has been known to throw glitches causing iMsg/F-Time to act up. There is a section in the iMessage Fix Guide dealing with this issue, You can force a refresh on your Router by turning it off and back again thus forcing a new or more stable mac address. I am not knowledgeable in this area but a member removed the power from his Router over night and reconnected the next day and it solved his iMsg problem - Jay did explain in detail what this action did to correct the problem. Sorry I cant be more specific than that but Good luck and hope find a solution.

Hmm ok. Will try that as well. I did a complete new install and now I'm getting an error when trying to send an iMessage that is different. The error message now is that the receiver of my message is not registered at iMessage. I however know for a fact that it is since I can use my iPhone to send iMessages. I have tried various numbers in my contact list and I always get the same result.

Hmm ok. Will try that as well. I did a complete new install and now I'm getting an error when trying to send an iMessage that is different. The error message now is that the receiver of my message is not registered at iMessage. I however know for a fact that it is since I can use my iPhone to send iMessages. I have tried various numbers in my contact list and I always get the same result.

yap that was the same error i get before iMessages starts to work fine, do you have any other iOS device? ipod touch or ipad? if you has, then send an iMessages to ipod then the same message to hackintosh , cycle the message between devices then one of them will sent and starts working, remember alway use the phone number , in iMessages settings

yap that was the same error i get before iMessages starts to work fine, do you have any other iOS device? ipod touch or ipad? if you has, then send an iMessages to ipod then the same message to hackintosh , cycle the message between devices then one of them will sent and starts working, remember alway use the phone number , in iMessages settings

But how can I send a message to my Hackintosh? It doesn't have a specific phone number like an iPhone?

I'm having some weird thing with my Z77-DS3H hack with clover when i shut down my machine and leave it off for a day or two iMessage FaceTime and iCloud logs out my Values are staying the same tho i can log back in without any issues this has just started happening any ideas? could be because i used my dads apple ID account to sign into iTunes to restore his iPad and that could of done it? i logged everything back in did 3 reboots and it was all still signed in any ideas?

Is it possible to use a Cloned OSX ID from an old (2008) MacBookPro 4,1 (Core Duo barley runs Yosemite, but is supported) with a Hack desktop with a totally different a architecture (Core I7 Ivy Bridge)?

I am not using the MacBook anymore. It would be great if I could use the ID without messing up the Hack. I am looking at trying Clover to do the re-install. This is a Z77x that would normally be equivalent to a MacMini 6,2 or Mac Pro 3,1.

Should I just totally clone the MacBookPro ID's including setting the machine type as MacBookPro 4,1.. or will that mess up the install?

Can I use a different machine type with the cloned ID and still pass? Does it cross check machine type with serial? If not, can I somehow get the config to see the machine as one type but send the type of the Macbook for iMessage?

hi guys,

im a newbie whos just setup a hackintosh via clover everything works fine except for imessage, graphics card not working properly for dual monitor (when detecting the exact series) and sleep/wake. ill just going to details of the issue of imessage here since this thread focus on imessage.

i had read some related stuff from the guide from page 1 of this thread and followed this guide here. at the end, i got a customer code and went to try to contact apple support suggesting from chapter 8. i had made two calls as i wasn't sure they are not really strict on s/n. So basically, my first call was just directing them to my customer code i got from imessage and they told me they had fix it and ask me to try later when i have access to the mac later. Obvious when i try i got the same code again so I called again. Second call, the lady just skipped the s/n part after she can't verify for 2 attempts. however, i still encounter the same customer code after they said they got me registered in the system. they did some troubleshooting with me but i still have the same code while trying to login and they passed me to a senior technician which i hanged up in the middle of the process.

any suggestion that i can do to find out whats the problem in my hand?
I had checked my value didn't change every reboot via imessagedebug that was provided here.
i also had tried to reset my wan ip.
sorry for my poor english

thanks in advance

Now one of my conversations has been synced properly and that contact is now displayed as being registered in iMessage but no other contacts are working. I can even send iMessages to that specific contact but no others.

Later I texted with another contact on my iPhone. The messages that I'm sending are being synced and in the message app on the Mackintosh displays when the contact is typing but the messages aren't syncing.

Really strange! o_O

So in conclusion: Sending SMS with the Hackintosh is working flawlessly. The messages sync instantly and I can send SMS messages to all my contacts but iMessage only works with just the single one contact in my list and then when I send iMessages with my iPhone the messages I send are synced to my Hackintosh but not the ones I receive. With all other contacts (even though I have just sent an iMessage to them with my phone and those messages are synced moments ago) I'm getting an error as "not registered to iMessage".

iMessage and IOS 8 across more than one device especially getting it to sync is still a bit glitchy even on genuine macs and the problem seems to be more amplified on a Hack. If you have successfully managed to log into iMsg and F/Time, then you have to be patient in getting the Service synced across all your devices, it can take sometime. Sometimes the Service will be instant and other times it will be slow in recognising other users in your contact lists by not delivering messages or saying user is not registered, or it can work as it should for days and then just stops working, the system is good but not perfect. Lets just hope that these bugs will be fixed by Apple in the next public release OS X version (El Capitan) in a few months time.

Back