Contribute
Register
1) How to generate new system id from clover. I am using version r3202
2)You meant you ow real mac and used that address for ROM.
3) what did you mean by fixed disk permissions.Can you please explain.
4)How to delete old system from icloud.com

1. In the "SMBIOS" section in Clover, click the magic wand to pick and generate a new system
2. a) The ROM value is the last 12 characters of the SmUUID (type "uuidgen" in terminal to generate SmUUID)
b) Your ethernet mac address has 12 characters, I used that
3. To fix disk permissions, click on your partition in Disk Utility then click "Repair Disk Permissions"
4. Login to iCloud.com > Settings > My Devices. You'll see a list of devices you're logged into.

Ok I'm not sure what I'll need to include for additional information I'll try to get the logs/reports as needed.

I am able to sign into iMessage, FaceTime and the App Store, but I cannot send/receive messages. everything else works though. I've tried going through the guide a few times (Most likely missed something I hope you guys can help).

What works:
sending and receiving w/ text messages, App Store, FaceTime

What doesn't work:
sending or receiving w/ iMessage

System:
Clover w/ 10.10.3
ga-h97m-d3h

Sorry for the lack of information, i'll get more as needed

Ok I'm not sure what I'll need to include for additional information I'll try to get the logs/reports as needed.

I am able to sign into iMessage, FaceTime and the App Store, but I cannot send/receive messages. everything else works though. I've tried going through the guide a few times (Most likely missed something I hope you guys can help).

What works:
sending and receiving w/ text messages, App Store, FaceTime

What doesn't work:
sending or receiving w/ iMessage

System:
Clover w/ 10.10.3
ga-h97m-d3h

Sorry for the lack of information, i'll get more as needed

Hi - Please run iMessageDebugger and post the results so we can take a look at your values to spot any anomalies if any - Thanks.

I've been going back and forth through the guide, making necessary adjustments, verifying that all the proper numbers stay the same across multiple reboots. I think I'm about ready to call Apple with my customer Code, but I can't figure out this line from the guide:

"If you follow the above path you'll enter your OS X S/N - use the one from your SMBIOS in most cases this may help to avoid having to give the operator your OS X S/N."

I followed the path and got to the "Talk to Apple Support Now", but didn't encounter anyplace to enter the OSX S/N. If that's something that happens on the call itself, that's fine...but I don't understand what the guide is saying: isn't the OSX S/N and the S/N listed in the SMBIOS the same? The one I see under SMBIOS using Clover Configurator matches the one I see under About This Mac.

What am I misunderstanding?

I've been going back and forth through the guide, making necessary adjustments, verifying that all the proper numbers stay the same across multiple reboots. I think I'm about ready to call Apple with my customer Code, but I can't figure out this line from the guide:

"If you follow the above path you'll enter your OS X S/N - use the one from your SMBIOS in most cases this may help to avoid having to give the operator your OS X S/N."

I followed the path and got to the "Talk to Apple Support Now", but didn't encounter anyplace to enter the OSX S/N. If that's something that happens on the call itself, that's fine...but I don't understand what the guide is saying: isn't the OSX S/N and the S/N listed in the SMBIOS the same? The one I see under SMBIOS using Clover Configurator matches the one I see under About This Mac.

What am I misunderstanding?

Hi - Please state the problems you are having, the S/N in the SmBIOS and 'About this Mac' are indeed the same. The MLB in Clover should be that S/N plus 5 random digits added to the end to make 17 characters. For example if your s/n is C02LTER6F8J3 just add something like F642A at the end making it C02LTER6F8J3F642A. This value will now become your MLB, for your ROM value try your mac address or generate your SmBIOS in 'Terminal' by entering 'uuidgen' (without the quotes) a few times and add the last 12 characters as your ROM. Hope this helps - if you're still having problems post a iMsg debugger readout - Good luck.

@bobmarlya,

Even if card is supported as external NIC OTB, if it is not seen as 'Built In' you will not be able to use it for iMessage .... Try Injecting the EFI string for the device via your boot-loader - see Chapter 3.2

Cheers
Jay
Thanks
Yes, i tried to inject using Clover Configurator but not successful
Have you got the sample (i mean how does it look in Clover Configurator) of injected efi string for wifi card or another card?

Please note - It is good practice to disconnect (Go offline) your rig from all Apple Services before making any changes also after the changes 'Repair Disk Permissions' and Reboot -> run iMessage DeBugger to insure the injected values are the same and constant on every reboot of your Hack before you go back on line.

If after implementing the changes and you're not abled to log in straight away, please be patient if the results are not instantaneous, it can take a few minutes to a few days for Apple to invoke a new security token. As long as you're values are formulated as per the GUIDE you should be good to go.

Are you using FixAirport (ACPI) with clover?
If so, then deselect it in clover configurator, save and reboot. If ur card is supported natively, then try other methods

My experience
  • If kext is injected with clover, the interface will not be detected in DPCIManager
  • If FixAirport is used, the interface will be detected but not as Builtin.
No
I don't use fix airport
Strange thing - Network Interface plist shows it as built in
But DPCI as not built in

1. In the "SMBIOS" section in Clover, click the magic wand to pick and generate a new system
2. a) The ROM value is the last 12 characters of the SmUUID (type "uuidgen" in terminal to generate SmUUID)
b) Your ethernet mac address has 12 characters, I used that
3. To fix disk permissions, click on your partition in Disk Utility then click "Repair Disk Permissions"
4. Login to iCloud.com > Settings > My Devices. You'll see a list of devices you're logged into.

is it normal that the ethernet mac address keeps changing every reboot. off course it is not connected as I only use the wifi. the wifi mac dress doesn't reset though. I doubt i could use it as my Rom value if it changes every reboot

Hi - Please state the problems you are having, the S/N in the SmBIOS and 'About this Mac' are indeed the same. The MLB in Clover should be that S/N plus 5 random digits added to the end to make 17 characters. For example if your s/n is C02LTER6F8J3 just add something like F642A at the end making it C02LTER6F8J3F642A. This value will now become your MLB, for your ROM value try your mac address or generate your SmBIOS in 'Terminal' by entering 'uuidgen' (without the quotes) a few times and add the last 12 characters as your ROM. Hope this helps - if you're still having problems post a iMsg debugger readout - Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. My primary problem is iMessage and Facetime giving me the "this appleID cannot be used to set up [program] at this time" with a Customer Code, but the problem I'm writing about is not understanding what the guide means in the section I quoted.

I have generated a unique SmUUID using uuidgen, used the last 12 characters of that for my ROM, and created the MLB using s/n +5 random digits as specified in the guide.

So, with that done and ready to call Apple support with my customer code, I'm a bit apprehensive as the guide makes quite a point of suggesting you avoid telling them your s/n if possible, but right off the bat it says "use the one from your SMBIOS in most cases this may help to avoid having to give the operator your OS X S/N." If they have the one from your SMBIOS they have your OS X s/n, do they not?

Last edited:
Back