Contribute
Register
i guess this means i should be using clover. need to look into that.

@joeblough,

FileNVRAM and Yosemite do not always play nicely together on some systems/configuration right now, on going development and support for FileNVRAM is currently very limited .... Clover offers much better support OTB for NVRAM. make the jump ... you wont regret it.

Cheers
Jay

Always frustrating when iMessages fails. This morning I logged into my hack and iMessages was turning all my previous conversations addresses red. I checked FaceTime and it still works without a problem.

So I logged into this forum and went to Ch. 3.3 and deleted all the plists and such with my internet connection unplugged and signed out of iMessage and FaceTime. Face time still works after doing all this, but iMessage is still giving me problems with my contacts being red(not registered with iMessage). I tried messaging myself from my phone and it didn't go through. I also tried messaging my phone from my computer and it just looped back to my computer, instead of going to my phone.

The only recent change I made to this computer was switching from chameleon to clover and I copied over the MLB/ROM/the UUID's and the correct smbios for my machine as well as the same serial number I have been using. I'm running out of idea's to try.

I am running on 10.9.5 still. with Mac Pro 6,1 smbios. I'll continue trying other things from the list as I am not getting any errors with signing into iMessage.

EDIT: Figured out my problem Had the wrong MLB from my original. Went through my old nvram file from chameleon with Xcode and found out I was off by 2 digits. Fixed the mistake restarted and all good again.

Hi there
Does anybody know what is the problem could be with my preferences (tried all possible options using posted instructions but still don't have success)
Two main problems:
- invalid ROM in iMessage debug
- not ticked en1 wifi builtin device (tplink TL-WDN4800)
imdebug.pngnotticked.png
Help pls

@joeblough,

FileNVRAM and Yosemite do not always play nicely together on some systems/configuration right now, on going development and support for FileNVRAM is currently very limited .... Clover offers much better support OTB for NVRAM. make the jump ... you wont regret it.

Cheers
Jay

thanks Jay, so maybe it was not necessarily the security update, after all it was a probably not even a kernel panic per se but chameleon itself crashing.

just need to steel myself for another round of configuration. might let it sit for a while. have a lot of other machines/devices where imessage works so it's not a showstopper.

I just wanted to add that I'm getting the same symptoms as well (red contact names, can send SMS but not iMessage) since 5/15. I gave it a couple of days hoping that it was just a hiccup on Apple's side but that doesn't appear to be the case. It's strange because I can completely sign out/sign in again and it authorizes just fine, but it's still unable to send iMessages. I'm using clover and I've worked though all of the ROM/SN issues before. This is a new one for me...

same here contacts in red with Clover. With my other hack it works with chimera and modeded nvram for yosemite with nvram kext. very strange

@jaymonkey

Thanks Jay, worked like a charm. iMessage is working fine again in both my hacks. Thanks again

iMessage works fine under 10.10.3 but jabber went wrong. How can i fix it? Is this guid fix that issue?

So I was setting up my wife's hack and it would only send SMS messages to everyone. She is running 10.10.3. I logged into her computer with an account I made and used my iMessage account and tried it out. Mine worked no problem. I then created an account for her on my computer which is running 10.9.5 and activated iMessages for her. It took a few moments but worked and I was able to send iMessages to my phone from her account on my computer. I then went and logged her back into her computer and iMessage started working all the way around. SMS and Imessage's sent. It was a weird experience that is working ATM, I'll post more if it fails.

Ok tried messaging someone new from her computer and it said they were not registered with iMessage. So I logged into my computer with her user name and sent an iMessage to the new contact of her's and it registered, went back to her computer and now she is able to iMessage them from her computer. This is strange.

@jaymonkey

Thanks Jay, worked like a charm. iMessage is working fine again in both my hacks. Thanks again

@johnap987,

Many thanks for the feedback, good to know that it worked as method is still experimental at the moment ... I think Apple are making changes at their end which is causing a few glitches which is effecting some IOS-8+ users over the last week or so .... probably related to the latest OSX & IOS beta's.

@All,

If your seeing similar issues to what @johnap987 was :-

I am having same problem, started a few hours ago. I am not able to send iMessage, i can send SMS through iMessage (green), but not blue messages.

Then try the method detailed in Post# 4427 ... please leave feedback ... if it looks prommising i'll add it to the guide.

Cheers
Jay

Back