Contribute
Register
I am having same problem, started a few hours ago. I am not able to send iMessage, i can send SMS through iMessage (green), but not blue messages.
Here we go again.......

@All,

I just checked all my systems and iMessage is working without any issues on all of them, its possible that there was a glitch at Apple end's as it does seem to have affected a few of you at around the same time.

I don't think there is any need to panic yet .... will continue to monitor and see if things settle back down again.

Cheers
Jay

Signed into iMessage but not receiving/sending messages or contacts in red, try the fix at the end of CHAPTER 3.3 - 'Resetting IOS 8 Network Configuration'.

Did it work for you?

Just an update. Tried resetting iOS 8 network setting on all my devices, etc; didn't work, I got verified, got codes, signed in with no problem, but when I try to send iMessage I get "not send" message, SMS seems to be working.
This is happening in both of my hacks, my macbook air is iMessage is working fine, so is my iphone and iPad.
I guess I'll log out from iMessage and FaceTime in my Hacks, and will give it a try in a few days. I'll update then.
If anyone having these same issue since last night, gets a fix, please share it.
Thanks to all, good wishes.

Interestingly, logged into my Hack this morning to be greeted with numerous iCloud login requests and then prompted to create a new App Specific Password for iMessage, which has been working rock solid with the one I created in February... Anyways, ended up having to log out of ALL iDevices, and was then asked to generate an App Specific Password on my iPad and iPhone4S when logging back in on them, so my "standard" password is no longer accepted :S - all seems to be working now.

I guess I'll log out from iMessage and FaceTime in my Hacks, and will give it a try in a few days. I'll update then.
If anyone having these same issue since last night, gets a fix, please share it.
Thanks to all, good wishes.

@johnap987,

Try this ....

Its a bit of experiment so no guarantees ... but its something i tried on a friends system a few weeks backs and it worked for him ..

Logout of iMessage on all your Apple devices and Hacks, Reset iMessage config & security files on your Hack using the method detailed in Chapter 3.3 ... make sure you do this off-line and ensure that all config files are flushed from the trash by booting in single user mode and following the instructions to clear the trash (important).

Do not sign into any Apple services on your Hack ... just yet, but do login into all Apple services on your other Apple devices.... Wait 24 hours then login in on hack, this should force a new security token to be generated ...

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

@johnap987,

Try this ....

Its a bit of experiment so no guarantees ... but its something i tried on a friends system a few weeks backs and it worked for him ..

Logout of iMessage on all your Apple devices and Hacks, Reset iMessage config & security files on your Hack using the method detailed in Chapter 3.3 ... make sure you do this off-line and ensure that all config files are flushed from the trash by booting in single user mode and following the instructions to clear the trash (important).

Do not sign into any Apple services on your Hack ... just yet, but do login into all Apple services on your other Apple devices.... Wait 24 hours then login in on hack, this should force a new security token to be generated ...

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay
Hi Jay! :D
I have a similar problem. Right now I can't send or receive message on iMessage but I can use Facetime normally D: why? until a few weeks ago everything worked.

Thanks Jay, I'm on it; I'll update in 24-48 hours.
Thanks again.

With lastest Chimera
The new security update 2015-003 did break imessage for me. I had to remove the FileNVRAM.dylib from module otherwise my hack would freeze while entering the desktop.

No ideas why :thumbdown: ?
MLB and ROM are now NULL and i'm not able to keep new ones persistent.

over here i had a similar problem - have had a hack going for many years on 10.8, decided to upgrade to 10.10 over the weekend. got it all going with the same system ID (macpro3,1) but decided to go to iMac13,2 and follow all the instructions here. booting with caches enabled gave me an IOPlatformExpert KP on boot saying it could not find a driver for iMac13,2, which makes sense as the kernel caches were probably wrong. however, booting with -f would crash the boot loader right off, and loop back to the bios. the only thing that got me out of this was the boot single user and delete the FileNVRAM.dylib from my modules directory.

i guess this means i should be using clover. need to look into that.

Back