Contribute
Register
I just contacted apple, gave em my serial number and they could not find it (obviously), the woman told me the serial number seems a little short (it is 12 characters long). She then asked me if i sit in front of the iMac right now, because we can do a remote desktop session, so she can look at it. So i said no, i am at work...
At no point did she ask for the validation code and seemed to not really know what that is. I have her the code anyway and she entered it somewhere and said "nope, not working"
She then suggested to call again when i am in front of the iMac to do a screen sharing session, which is a no go, obviously.
Out of luck, i guess.

I just contacted apple, gave em my serial number and they could not find it (obviously), the woman told me the serial number seems a little short (it is 12 characters long). She then asked me if i sit in front of the iMac right now, because we can do a remote desktop session, so she can look at it. So i said no, i am at work...
At no point did she ask for the validation code and seemed to not really know what that is. I have her the code anyway and she entered it somewhere and said "nope, not working"
She then suggested to call again when i am in front of the iMac to do a screen sharing session, which is a no go, obviously.
Out of luck, i guess.

LOL! I did a sharing session once, the girl says "Oh, I see you have two screens", then I noticed tonymacx86 website was open, as well as a folder on my desktop named "hackintosh" and a lot of other incriminating stuff, I realized I had to stop immediately. I apologized and told her I just remembered I had to go pick up my kids and had to leave and stopped the sharing session. The people answering the phones are not very knowledgeable about this things. Another time she told me she couldn't figure out what my problem was and couldn't help me and she would have to transfer me to an engineer who would look into my problem, then I got scared again and told her I would call some other time because I was running late.

Apple doesn't pay attention to us, we are no problem to them. I think it's good for them. My first Apple product was this hackintosh 6 years ago. After this I have purchased 6 iPhones, 6 iPads and a couple of iPods for the whole family.

LOL! I did a sharing session once, the girl says "Oh, I see you have two screens", then I noticed tonymacx86 website was open, as well as a folder on my desktop named "hackintosh" and a lot of other incriminating stuff, I realized I had to stop immediately. I apologized and told her I just remembered I had to go pick up my kids and had to leave and stopped the sharing session. The people answering the phones are not very knowledgeable about this things. Another time she told me she couldn't figure out what my problem was and couldn't help me and she would have to transfer me to an engineer who would look into my problem, then I got scared again and told her I would call some other time because I was running late.

Apple doesn't pay attention to us, we are no problem to them. I think it's good for them. My first Apple product was this hackintosh 6 years ago. After this I have purchased 6 iPhones, 6 iPads and a couple of iPods for the whole family.

Apple doesn't care about hacks anyway they know i do it as i took my Macbook in for repair and had loads of Hackintosh related files on my Macbook. They know that you've logged into iMessage on a hack anyway. I don't think Apple are supporting customer code no more anyway only because of 2 step verification.

I just went through An iDiot's Guide To iMessage and I am now able to send instant messages using my Apple ID accounts.

Sadly, I can't screen share, video chat, or voice chat using my Apple ID accounts.

Last edited:
Guys, the information here is overwhelming, thanks for that. I'm trying to dig through it but it's stressful.

However, in case there is someone who can just point me in the right direction, I'd very much appreciate it.

MY PROBLEM:

I got a hack running pretty stable (aside from some USB issues), however, iMessages are inconsistent. At first, I got it working without doing anything. I just logged into iCloud, iMessages and after a couple of authorisations, my iMessages worked fine. Then, it just stopped. I can log into iMessages, no errors, but when I try to write someone, I cannot, because the app tell me that their phone number/email is not registered with iMessage, however I know that this just isn't true. I can chat with them on my other iOS devices and my Macbook Air. One strange thing is, that some contacts I'm able to contact through iMessage on my hack and it works, but most of the contacts, I'm getting the same result (their contact name is in RED - cannot send iMessage).

Please advise, thanks and have a great rest of the day!

Guys, the information here is overwhelming, thanks for that. I'm trying to dig through it but it's stressful.

However, in case there is someone who can just point me in the right direction, I'd very much appreciate it.

MY PROBLEM:

I got a hack running pretty stable (aside from some USB issues), however, iMessages are inconsistent. At first, I got it working without doing anything. I just logged into iCloud, iMessages and after a couple of authorisations, my iMessages worked fine. Then, it just stopped. I can log into iMessages, no errors, but when I try to write someone, I cannot, because the app tell me that their phone number/email is not registered with iMessage, however I know that this just isn't true. I can chat with them on my other iOS devices and my Macbook Air. One strange thing is, that some contacts I'm able to contact through iMessage on my hack and it works, but most of the contacts, I'm getting the same result (their contact name is in RED - cannot send iMessage).

Please advise, thanks and have a great rest of the day!
Ditto here, if i turn handoff on will use phone to send text but otherwise get their number not registered error. hopefully someone has info

Quick question here after following P1lgrim's thread. It all went well, and it's an awesome guide for noobs - those reboots between config.plist edits may seem excessive, but it lets you back out if you screw something up. That said, after following the guide, I get the "call apple" message with my apple id and a "customer code" (format ####-####-####). I passed all the tests in the setup guide - the imessage debug info still matches up after multiple reboots, and as outlined in this thread (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/#TOP8), the "customer code" is always the same.

So following (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/#TOP8), I called in. They basically wouldn't let me do much of anything without a serial (I even offered to give them my legit MBP S/N if they needed it to track the case). So I gave them my fake S/N. The guy seemed a bit puzzled he couldn't find it, but he opened a case anyhow. He could see my Apple ID was active, that the hack was signed in for other services (iCloud), but did not have any real answer other than "check again tomorrow". So apple has my fake S/N, the fake system info (iMac, 27 inch, late 2015), and my Apple ID. They likely see at least a few more legit macs, and probably a few old hackintoshes. :) I asked the guy if there was anything to "reset" as far as any old macs on the account, etc. and he said no. As far as I can tell he didn't do anything other than the S/N lookup and a lookup on the "customer code" (and the verification of my Apple ID with the secret questions).

So I have a case number, and if I call in tomorrow he said I can talk to a "senior adivsor".

So, should I do that? Is there a point where I just say, "dude, it's not a real Mac, please just reset the flaarbagalmator for my iMessage, thank you!". I feel bad leading them along with this fake S/N - it's not quite up there with not paying for OS-X, but I am taking $$ in support if I keep pestering them. Although in the last 10 years I've given them more than $10K in sales, so maybe I shouldn't feel TOO bad.

Thoughts?

I have built several Hacks using the standard iMessage fix, all successful. For the most recent Hack I thought I'd try the Idiot's guide and everything works but iMessage. Facetime works fine. This is the first time I did not put anything into the ROM or MLB in the rt variables. Here is my setup.

GA Z170N-WiFi
i5 6400
16 gig ram
GTX 670

I have deleted the Library files several times. I even set Finder to show hidden files to find any hidden files. I even took the computer off line from the list of owned devices. Do I need to generate a whole new SMBIOS ID? I just got audio working, what a trial that was, I don't want to screw that up.

One final thing. Following the Idiot's guide both the ROM and BoardSerialNumber do not show up in iMessageDebug. Is that normal using this method?

ROM: failed
BoardSerialNumber: failed

Thanks.

Last edited:
Just a heads up - If this value - C02140302D5DMT31M - is showing as ROM or Board Serial Number after running iMessageDebugger this is a Generic value offered up by the installer which can cause iMessage not to function. You need to delete it and formulate a unique one for your system as explained in the GUIDES.

But all the guides are empty seems to be deleted?

Back