Contribute
Register
Well isn't a fresh means recently created?
It's an old account, I have it for years, the one which works is recently created, around a month ago.
But If so, what could be the problem and how eventually can I fix it? How to check if something is wrong with the account? It's dev account and I am using it in my iPhone too.

It's strange, I have the same issue. I can log in to iMessages with an account created 8 years ago, I can not log in with an account created 4 years ago, I can log in with a 3 years old account, and I can not log in with a new account I just created. I can't make any sense of this. I called Apple with the customer code about 7 months ago, and I couldn't log in with the 4 year old account (which is the one I need). I called again a couple of days ago, and I still can't log in.

I know this is forbidden, but I have been struggling for years with this issue, so just for testing purposes, I went to a store and logged in to FaceTime in a couple of different machines with my 4 year old icloud account with no problems. I copied all SMBIOS data from one of those machines into my hackintosh, and I still can't login to FT with my machine. Pretty strange. Apple is checking something other than MLB, Serial etc. and it checks only with some Apple ID's, not all.

Last edited:
@ orate - I am not entirely sure but the rig with the created 4 year values may have been sujected to a cloning issue as if I remember correctly that is about around the time we had the cloning fiasco. As you pointed out Apple is probably using other checking measures apart from the obvious.
Also I am not implying you're guilty of cloning previous values maybe some cloned your values for that rig.

@ orate - I am not entirely sure but the rig with the created 4 year values may have been sujected to a cloning issue as if I remember correctly that is about around the time we had the cloning fiasco. As you pointed out Apple is probably using other checking measures apart from the obvious.
Also I am not implying you're guilty of cloning previous values maybe some cloned your values for that rig.

Back at that time I was using Chameleon instead of Clover, with a serial number defined in the file smbios.plist, without really understanding anything about it, I generated that S/N following guidelines here, perhaps more than one user injected the same S/N?.

Still, that doesn't explain this strange thing, some AppleID's can login to FT an iMessages in my machine, and some can not. And the AppleID's that do not work with my machine, do work on real Macs. So my 4 year old AppleID is not black listed because it works on other machines, but not with my machine. And my S/N and MLB are not blacklisted either because my machine works with some AppleID's, just not with the one I want to use.

Back at that time I was using Chameleon instead of Clover, with a serial number defined in the file smbios.plist, without really understanding anything about it, I generated that S/N following guidelines here, perhaps more than one user injected the same S/N?.

Still, that doesn't explain this strange thing, some AppleID's can login to FT an iMessages in my machine, and some can not. And the AppleID's that do not work with my machine, do work on real Macs. So my 4 year old AppleID is not black listed because it works on other machines, but not with my machine. And my S/N and MLB are not blacklisted either because my machine works with some AppleID's, just not with the one I want to use.[/QU

That is indeed a very strange and odd behaviour on that particular rig, I'm sure P1LGRIM reported this strange phenomenon on one of his rigs a few posts back. At the time he reported that changing some components i.e. hard drive, graphics etc to combat the problem made no difference. I don't know if he was successful in solving the problem, if he did maybe he can offer some insight how he achieved it. Good luck.

yes I remember reading that post by Pilgrim, but no solution.

Thank you!

Ok - As a matter of interest did you ever get iMsg/F-Time working on that particular rig prior to the present problem? It seems as we progress from one upgrade to the next, new and weird problems are cropping up as far as iMsg/F-Time is concerned. When P1LGRIM spoke about his problem, he said even though he changed some components, the problem still persist. A poster then hit on the theory maybe his board was broadcasting a particular code or signature that enabled the Apple servers to decipher that the same rig was attempting a logon causing the block to remain in place maybe.

Ok - As a matter of interest did you ever get iMsg/F-Time working on that particular rig prior to the present problem? It seems as we progress from one upgrade to the next, new and weird problems are cropping up as far as iMsg/F-Time is concerned. When P1LGRIM spoke about his problem, he said even though he changed some components, the problem still persist. A poster then hit on the theory maybe his board was broadcasting a particular code or signature that enabled the Apple servers to decipher that the same rig was attempting a logon causing the block to remain in place maybe.

FT and iM used to work here with my 4 year old appleID, but that was a while ago, before Yosemite, and with chameleon and a different S/N. I don't remember when it stopped working exactly, but many people were complaining here at that time. What puzzles me is why... why on earth do older and newer appleID's can login to FT and iM on this same machine? I have been testing with an older AppleID and my kids' AppleID's which are recent and they work!!! If my machine was broadcasting a certain code or S/N or UUID or whatever, how come other ID's work. And how come my ID does work on other machines! It's not a problem with my AppleID and it is not a problem with my rig, but only the two together cause the problem.

It does not appear to me as if Apple is targeting hackintoshes, we would be toast long ago if they were. Everything else works fine, Reminders, Calendar, iCloud drive, Photos, etc. Someone will figure it out eventually.

Last edited:
^ same here with me. I have an 8 year old apple id that works on two of my hackintoshes. However, a recently created id that is a few months old will only work on a genuine mac and not on the hacks.

dunno know how to get around this

^ I've already tried that. I have a real iMac and a hackintosh.

A. Old Apple ID works on anything, realmac or hack

B. New (several months old) Apple ID only works on real mac

Hey all, just to double check, i'm generating a serial using clover, i've generated at least 20 now using iMac 14,2 - but the Apple website is saying: We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again.

Just to double check, I'm meant to be getting the error: We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

Is that correct?

Back