Contribute
Register
I am somewhat surprise some are still struggling with the iMessage problem as its pretty much stabilised with the various fixes and guides documented, tried and tested.
True, however I think this may be due to the fact that not all situations are (explicitly) mentioned in the starting post of this thread. For instance, a few months after following the guide as it was then (beginning of 2015, worked perfectly) I suddenly got the "... is not registered with iMessage" error. The starting post however is (from my perspective) biased towards situations where a user cannot sign in at all, which did not trigger me into rebuilding everything over again, more so since it is advised not to change the ID's too often.
In the end (yesterday) I got fed up with it and completely started again with a new model, system ID, hardware ID, MLB, ROM etc. Indeed, the guide is great and now it works like a charm again.

True, however I think this may be due to the fact that not all situations are (explicitly) mentioned in the starting post of this thread. For instance, a few months after following the guide as it was then (beginning of 2015, worked perfectly) I suddenly got the "... is not registered with iMessage" error. The starting post however is (from my perspective) biased towards situations where a user cannot sign in at all, which did not trigger me into rebuilding everything over again, more so since it is advised not to change the ID's too often.
In the end (yesterday) I got fed up with it and completely started again with a new model, system ID, hardware ID, MLB, ROM etc. Indeed, the guide is great and now it works like a charm again.

Yes you are right in some aspect of your post, every build is different in one way or another hence the name HACKS. The Guide tries to cover every possible scenario to get things working and the basics are the same for all once certain steps are observed and followed i.e. Mac Serial Number, BoardSerial Number and ROM.

As long as those three very important values are formulated and injected into the Config.plist, you should be home and dry. Basically I think some people are rushing through the procedure and when it doesn't work, they try something else again and again putting them selves in a hopeless loop of failure leaving behind a lot of useless data in the cache iMsg folders, these must be deleted as described in the Guide. Another point to make, as advised over and over, any changes made should be done logged out and off line to avoid sending conflicting data to the Apple Servers when trying to login.

Hello all! It's great to be back at this guide. I was here a little under a year ago trying to solve my iMessage issues, and I've now set up another Hackintosh, so I'm back at this.

My problem is that I contacted Apple Support and told them my customer code. They told me they validated it, and to try logging in. After trying to log in the exact same error came back. The customer code was the exact same one. I am 100% sure my MLB, ROM, and Serial Number is persistent after rebooting multiple times. I also have generated a unique UUID using the "uuidgen" command about 4 times, and inputted it into my config.plist using Clover Configurator.

To sum it up, contacted customer service with customer code, they validated it, tried logging into iMessage again, same error with same customer code pops up. Will not let me log into iMessage. If it's worth mentioning, I am also using a Netis WF2123 USB Wireless Adaptor.

Any help is appreciated,

(OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 14F27)

At this point there is nothing else you can do but to call Apple with the Code to remove the block - There is a section in the GUIDE detailing how to circumvent any tricky questioning by the Apple Technician, it goes something like this - Tell them you are having a problem logging into iMessage on your p/c. They will ask for your Serial Number - if you have a real mac i.e. a Macbook, give them the S/N from that if you don't, give them the S/N from your Hack, they will say they don't have that in their records, don't panic just say you are away from your p/c and you asked your wife or girlfriend to read out the S/N and you either copied it wrong or she gave it out wrong and they will move along and deal with the problem at hand - Good luck.

I was a bit busy this week, but I tried calling the support once, unfortunately, the guy who answered my call wasn't having a good day and discounted everything on me: :eek: (If it was Acer or LG call center, ok, but in Apple's one, that's a lot weird) Anyhow, I'll follow your tips today/tomorrow, I really appreciate those.
I wonder if creating a new Apple ID from scratch with my clean install using the right values would make it pass easily. Any thoughts on it?

I'm using:

SmUUID: uuidgen on Terminal.app
ROM: Last 12 numbers of SmUUID (lowercase)
Serial Number: Clover (checked end on Piker's post)
Board S.N.: The serial number + 5 random codes (e.g.: 5F3VP)
After setting those, I rebooted to inject them.
Then run SimpleMLB.sh a couple of times until the last 3 values match my SMBIOS's motherboard EEE code (Searching in amazon for replacement boards, some dealers put the EEE code in description).
After that, I just open the plist again and add the generated MLB value.
Reboot and run the iMessage debug a few times to see if they are sticking properly.
If they do, it's time to sign in and take a real proof (Always on a clean install without signing in with wrong numbers before).

Worked for me on my two Hackintoshes but I think my account is blacklisted right now. That's why I'm wondering to create a new one, also dunno if they track IP numbers, that's a possibility.

Last edited:
I am also using a Netis WF2123 USB Wireless Adaptor.

In addition to your wireless adaptor you need an ethernet adaptor set to en0 and Built In.

I was a bit busy this week, but I tried calling the support once, unfortunately, the guy who answered my call wasn't having a good day and discounted everything on me: :eek: (If it was Acer or LG call center, ok, but in Apple's one, that's a lot weird) Anyhow, I'll follow your tips today/tomorrow, I really appreciate those.
I wonder if creating a new Apple ID from scratch with my clean install using the right values would make it pass easily. Any thoughts on it?

I'm using:

Worked for me on my two Hackintoshes but I think my account is blacklisted right now. That's why I'm wondering to create a new one, also dunno if they track IP numbers, that's a possibility.

Try this - Log into iCloud and remove all redundant rigs (if any) in your account or attributed to your ID and try again.

SmUUID: uuidgen on Terminal.app
ROM: Last 12 numbers of SmUUID (lowercase)
Serial Number: Clover (checked end on Piker's post)
Board S.N.: The serial number + 5 random codes (e.g.: 5F3VP)
After setting those, I rebooted to inject them.
Then run SimpleMLB.sh a couple of times until the last 3 values match my SMBIOS's motherboard EEE code (Searching in amazon for replacement boards, some dealers put the EEE code in description).
After that, I just open the plist again and add the generated MLB value.
Reboot and run the iMessage debug a few times to see if they are sticking properly.
If they do, it's time to sign in and take a real proof (Always on a clean install without signing in with wrong numbers before).

For your ROM value try using UseMacAddr0.
For your Board Serial Number try this tool by theracermaster : simpleMLB.sh

Try this - Log into iCloud and remove all redundant rigs (if any) in your account or attributed to your ID and try again.

I could remove only one of the two rigs I had there, the other one is "stuck" and won't go away. I logged in my main hack right now and it has shown up in there too, signing in iMessage returns me the customer code to reach the support. iMessage debug returns me the right values on boot, I'll contact the support when I need iMessage, for now, I'm just fine.

I am somewhat surprise some are still struggling with the iMessage problem as its pretty much stabilised with the various fixes and guides documented, tried and tested.

I dare say you've run DeBugger and check that the values are correct to enable iMessage/F-Time to function. iMessage will not work without the Verification Code to enable 'Text Forwarding' and receiving text messages.

It was my mistake, I used wrong SmUUID number.
Thanks.

It was my mistake, I used wrong SmUUID number.
Thanks.

Valuable lesson - Before attempting to log into any of the Apple Services particularly the iMsg/F-Time Services, it pays to check and double check all values formulated and injected are correct and constant between reboots - this is also mentioned in the Guide.

@ e-zoli - Glad you spotted your error.

Back