Contribute
Register
@P1LGRIM Thanks for the tip. I set an ethernet connection to be en0 but it didn't work. Still getting the customer code message, with the same code. When I go into "Network" both my adaptor and the ethernet connection show up, with the adaptor being green and the ethernet being red. Do I need to actually have a real ethernet connection for this to work? Right now I'm still relying on my WiFI Adaptor, as bringing an ethernet cord to my Hackintosh's current location will be a hassle.
Thanks for the help, though.

If anyone can still help me it would be greatly appreciated. I tried to wrap my head around this problem once before, but failed. I'm going to try to not give up this time. :thumbup:

I set an ethernet connection to be en0 but it didn't work. Still getting the customer code message, with the same code. When I go into "Network" both my adaptor and the ethernet connection show up, with the adaptor being green and the ethernet being red. Do I need to actually have a real ethernet connection for this to work?

If only someone would write a guide for this stuff . . . .

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html#TOP3.2 Chapter: 3.2 Network Interfaces

Working iMessage on my 10.11.3 build on GA-Z77-DS3H. Note that this board suffers from the SId bug.

1. Mount EFI and open up config.plist.
2. Checked Clover generated S/N. Edited suffix for appropriate System. Saved to config.plist
3. Used uuidgen to generate SmUUID. Saved to config.plist
4. Deleted Board Serial Number
5. For MLB, I used my serial number + 5 random hex digits.
6. For ROM, I used the last 12 hex digits of the UUID from step 3.
7. Deleted user caches (com.apple.Messages, com.apple.imfoundation
8. Deleted user preferences (com.apple.iChat, com.apple.imagent, com.apple.imessage, com.apple.imservice)
9. Deleted user Library (Messages Folder) (Had to restart in order to empty trash)
10. Repaired Disk Permissions
11. Restarted and signed into iCloud. Opened up iMessages, everything worked perfectly!

First of all, thanks for the guide. I have the same motherboard and I tried to fix it but every time I tried to open the config.plist in the past and edit it, I wasn't able to boot my Hackintosh (have to say I was doing double boot in the same HDD, now I have two separate HDD, one for Windows, one for Mac OS). This time I have a pretty solid installation and I'm afraid I can loose everything again.

My message is regarding the guide, as some steps are a bit confusing for me. First step is "Mount EFI and open up config.plist". Clover Configurator, when mounting my EFI partition lets me select from three different configs. Which one do I have to use at first?

Thanks for any help!

First of all, thanks for the guide. I have the same motherboard and I tried to fix it but every time I tried to open the config.plist in the past and edit it, I wasn't able to boot my Hackintosh (have to say I was doing double boot in the same HDD, now I have two separate HDD, one for Windows, one for Mac OS). This time I have a pretty solid installation and I'm afraid I can loose everything again.

My message is regarding the guide, as some steps are a bit confusing for me. First step is "Mount EFI and open up config.plist". Clover Configurator, when mounting my EFI partition lets me select from three different configs. Which one do I have to use at first?

Thanks for any help!

Simply open up terminal and type "diskutil list" you then see which one it is. you then find your hard drive and find which number it is whether it's disk0 or disk 1" normally disk0" but where it says EFI EFI that's where you'll find the identifier so it should be either disk0s1 or disk1s1 just find out which one it is for the hard drive that OSX is installed to and that's it then click the one In clover configurator

Hello all! It's great to be back at this guide. I was here a little under a year ago trying to solve my iMessage issues, and I've now set up another Hackintosh, so I'm back at this.

My problem is that I contacted Apple Support and told them my customer code. They told me they validated it, and to try logging in. After trying to log in the exact same error came back. The customer code was the exact same one. I am 100% sure my MLB, ROM, and Serial Number is persistent after rebooting multiple times. I also have generated a unique UUID using the "uuidgen" command about 4 times, and inputted it into my config.plist using Clover Configurator.

To sum it up, contacted customer service with customer code, they validated it, tried logging into iMessage again, same error with same customer code pops up. Will not let me log into iMessage. If it's worth mentioning, I am also using a Netis WF2123 USB Wireless Adaptor.

Any help is appreciated,

(OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 14F27)

I'm having the exact same problem. Called Apple Support twice to report the code. Code goes through on their end, but nothing changes on mine.

Maybe something new is going on.

Running 10.11.2

I'm having the exact same problem. Called Apple Support twice to report the code. Code goes through on their end, but nothing changes on mine.

Maybe something new is going on.

Running 10.11.2

I suspect so, I followed the guide even before creating my two new 10.11 hacks, I'm constantly reading and searching ways to properly inject those values in Clover, see whether they are solid or not and I'm always hitting the same point, saying to go to the call center and get them my customer code, they say there's nothing to do and they're gonna send an email with instructions, bull****... There must have been something going on, I revised my values, installed from scratch using brand new ones, new account... whatever I try doesn't go well, always customer code error. My SMBIOS is not yet on Clover generation page, I needed to seek for values one by one, understand and reunderstand how Apple reads them to finally create a working script, I suppose it's working.

I'm trying to debug from console right now.

When I try to login (register):
Code:
02/02/16 21:43:41,679    Messages[534]    [Warning] (IMAccount: 0x***703b1**** [ID: My ID Service: IMService[iMessage] Login: E:[email protected] Active: YES LoginStatus: Connected]) - isActive: YES - isOperational: NO - registration status: 18446744073709551615

02/02/16 21:43:42,859    Messages[534]    [Warning] (IMAccount: 0x7f9703b1c900 [ID: My account's ID Service: IMService[iMessage] Login: E:[email protected] Active: NO LoginStatus: Connected]) - isActive: NO - isOperational: NO - registration status: Some more numbers

02/02/16 21:44:34,045    com.apple.SecurityServer[77]    Session 100005 created

When it shows the message:
Code:
02/02/16 21:43:40,784    identityservicesd[264]    [Warning] Registration failed for Registration info (0x*******): [Registered: NO] [Type: AppleID] [Device Name: Hello Kitty] [Service Type: iMessage] [Env: (null)] [Main ID: [email protected]] [Phone Number: [email protected]] [AppleID: [email protected]] [UserID: E:[email protected]] [C2K: YES] [Push Token: <Many numbers>] [Region ID: R:BR] [Base Number: +550000000000] [URIs: ()] [Candidates: ([email protected])] [Auth Cert: 0x*******] [Reg Cert: 0x0] [Profile ID: D:1015******] [Auth User ID: D:1015*******] [Heartbeat Date: (null)]   (Error: 31)
02/02/16 21:43:40,786    identityservicesd[264]    [Warning] Failed, server registration unsupported => Disabling service
02/02/16 21:43:40,786    identityservicesd[264]    [Warning] Failed, server registration unsupported => Disabling service
02/02/16 21:43:40,786    identityservicesd[264]    [Warning] Server denied registration support
02/02/16 21:43:40,786    identityservicesd[264]    [Warning] Server denied registration support
02/02/16 21:43:40,787    identityservicesd[264]    [Warning] Needs deletion: NO (Registration info (0x7fb2d8ca8e60): [Registered: NO] [Type: AppleID] [Device Name: XYZ] [Service Type: iMessage] [Env: (null)] [Main ID: [email protected]] [Phone Number: [email protected]] [AppleID: [email protected]] [UserID: E:[email protected]] [C2K: YES] [Push Token: <Many numbers>] [Region ID: R:BR] [Base Number: +550000000000] [URIs: ()] [Candidates: ([email protected])] [Auth Cert: 0x***2d8c4****] [Reg Cert: 0x0] [Profile ID: D:1015******] [Auth User ID: D:1015*******] [Heartbeat Date: (null)])

Error 33 matches Known iMessage Error Codes

I feel like I'm missing something from the guide...
I recently built a Mackintosh from scratch with El Capitan installed. Boots with Clover and it's all good. I also bought this card from eBay (Australian one :p). Out of the box, wifi and BT works however I'm having troubles with Handoff and I believe I have to get iMessage working first before I explore why Handoff is not working hence why I'm here.

My concern is that, I open the Messages app in El Capitan, but I don't get any pop-up messages saying iMessage doesn't work. I tried sending an iMessage (it says iMessage next to the number/email) it then changes it to text message but doesn't send anyways as continuity doesn't work.
When I try to send an iMessage to myself (using my own iCloud email) it then gives me an error saying [Your message could not be sent] "Email Address" is not registered with iMessage.

I read through the guide, looking for that message but couldn't find anything. It seems like the pop up message asking you to contact Apple is more popular but I don't get that.

Am I missing some steps? Please help.

I feel like I'm missing something from the guide...
My concern is that, I open the Messages app in El Capitan, but I don't get any pop-up messages saying iMessage doesn't work. I tried sending an iMessage (it says iMessage next to the number/email) it then changes it to text message but doesn't send anyways as continuity doesn't work.

I had the same problem on my board. You still need to follow all the steps in the guide from the start. My understanding is that this means you're connected to iCloud services but NOT to the necessary iMessage services.

Check out post #5421 on this thread. Those are the steps that I used to get mine working. Note, I've left out a ton of detail, so only use it as a framework. Make sure to follow the steps prescribed in the original guide.

You want to mount the one at EFI/EFI/clover/config.plist.

I suspect so, I followed the guide even before creating my two new 10.11 hacks, I'm constantly reading and searching ways to properly inject those values in Clover, see whether they are solid or not and I'm always hitting the same point, saying to go to the call center and get them my customer code, they say there's nothing to do and they're gonna send an email with instructions, bull****... There must have been something going on, I revised my values, installed from scratch using brand new ones, new account... whatever I try doesn't go well, always customer code error. My SMBIOS is not yet on Clover generation page, I needed to seek for values one by one, understand and reunderstand how Apple reads them to finally create a working script, I suppose it's working.

I'm trying to debug from console right now.

When I try to login (register):
Code:
02/02/16 21:43:41,679    Messages[534]    [Warning] (IMAccount: 0x***703b1**** [ID: My ID Service: IMService[iMessage] Login: E:[email protected] Active: YES LoginStatus: Connected]) - isActive: YES - isOperational: NO - registration status: 18446744073709551615

02/02/16 21:43:42,859    Messages[534]    [Warning] (IMAccount: 0x7f9703b1c900 [ID: My account's ID Service: IMService[iMessage] Login: E:[email protected] Active: NO LoginStatus: Connected]) - isActive: NO - isOperational: NO - registration status: Some more numbers

02/02/16 21:44:34,045    com.apple.SecurityServer[77]    Session 100005 created

When it shows the message:
Code:
02/02/16 21:43:40,784    identityservicesd[264]    [Warning] Registration failed for Registration info (0x*******): [Registered: NO] [Type: AppleID] [Device Name: Hello Kitty] [Service Type: iMessage] [Env: (null)] [Main ID: [email protected]] [Phone Number: [email protected]] [AppleID: [email protected]] [UserID: E:[email protected]] [C2K: YES] [Push Token: <Many numbers>] [Region ID: R:BR] [Base Number: +550000000000] [URIs: ()] [Candidates: ([email protected])] [Auth Cert: 0x*******] [Reg Cert: 0x0] [Profile ID: D:1015******] [Auth User ID: D:1015*******] [Heartbeat Date: (null)]   (Error: 31)
02/02/16 21:43:40,787    identityservicesd[264]    [Warning] Needs deletion: NO (Registration info (0x7fb2d8ca8e60): [Registered: NO] [Type: AppleID] [Device Name: XYZ] [Service Type: iMessage] [Env: (null)] [Main ID: [email protected]] [Phone Number: [email protected]] [AppleID: [email protected]] [UserID: E:[email protected]] [C2K: YES] [Push Token: <Many numbers>] [Region ID: R:BR] [Base Number: +550000000000] [URIs: ()] [Candidates: ([email protected])] [Auth Cert: 0x***2d8c4****] [Reg Cert: 0x0] [Profile ID: D:1015******] [Auth User ID: D:1015*******] [Heartbeat Date: (null)])

Error 33 matches Known iMessage Error Codes
I'm having the same problem, with one caveat. Everything works fine on my account. Never got a customer code or had to call Apple. This is the second hack I've made that has Messages working for me. My wife's Messages does not. She can log in to iCloud, but not messages. Have called Apple and spoken to multiple different people, and was told that the validation (customer) code has been approved 4x. Still get the same code when I try to log in. Tried making a totally new iCloud account, same problem, but different customer code. Tried changing all my values (UUID, ROM, MLB) and again trying with a new throwaway Messages account, and again get a customer code.

I don't understand why one account works and no other ones will. Also not sure why Apple says everything is fine on their end and I get the same code I've always been getting.

EDIT - made a totally new iCloud account on a real Macbook. Logged in to messages fine. Tried on my Yosemite Hack, get a customer code. Same on my El Capitan Hack. Both work fine with my iCloud/Messages account. Maybe they've somehow changed the checks for a valid computer, and my account is somehow grandfathered in?

Back