Contribute
Register
Not really sure - could be a slight sync delay between all your devices - I am still puzzling over your generic BoardSerialNumber allowing full functionality of iMessage and F/Time on your hack where it has been a 'Bugbear' for others until one unique to your Hack was generated and injected i.e. the Hack's 12 character s/n plus 5 random digits added to the end making it 17 characters.

Maybe with all the changes Apple is making with the coming of the new os x system in the coming months, this is or will no longer be necessary, no matter how it was generated, to get iMsg/F-Time to work or yours has simply slipped through the net - My speculation but Hey if it works, no worries just enjoy!!!

Well, its all but stopped working :thumbdown:... Everything is sent via SMS and I do not receive any responses on my Hack. I can see the "responding" bubble, and messages I send via my MBA or iPhone show up on my Hack, I am just not getting any responses.

IDK what if anything, there is that I could do, without logging myself out, which Im not willing to try at this point bc it was just working fine < 24hrs ago. Ive had multiple reboots in the process of it working/getting worse, but usually each time it comes back around and starts working again. Frustrating as it is, the Final release of El Capitan and iOS 9 is just around the corner, so maybe that will fix or break it completely...:banghead:

Well, its all but stopped working :thumbdown:... Everything is sent via SMS and I do not receive any responses on my Hack. I can see the "responding" bubble, and messages I send via my MBA or iPhone show up on my Hack, I am just not getting any responses.

IDK what if anything, there is that I could do, without logging myself out, which Im not willing to try at this point bc it was just working fine < 24hrs ago. Ive had multiple reboots in the process of it working/getting worse, but usually each time it comes back around and starts working again. Frustrating as it is, the Final release of El Capitan and iOS 9 is just around the corner, so maybe that will fix or break it completely...:banghead:

To be frank i am not surprise its all but stop working, as a matter of fact as I stated before, how you managed to get it working in the first place with the Board's default Generic S/N (C02140302D5MT31M) has me puzzled. This value has to be unique to your Hack, formulated by adding 5 random digits to the end of your Hack's s/n making it 17 characters i.e. if you Hack's s/n is C02LGE6UF8JC, then by adding something like N2706 to the end making it C02LGE6UF8JCN2706 the chances of someone else having this value is unlikely, this will now become your BoardSerialNumber and MLB value.

This new value will have to be injected (method documented in the GUIDE) in Clover Configurator as an easy method if you're using Clover or into your config.plist if its Chimera. The value C02140302D5MT31M will never work as too many M/B's has this default value - Good luck.

To be frank i am not surprise its all but stop working, as a matter of fact as I stated before, how you managed to get it working in the first place with the Board's default Generic S/N (C02140302D5MT31M) has me puzzled. This value has to be unique to your Hack, formulated by adding 5 random digits to the end of your Hack's s/n making it 17 characters i.e. if you Hack's s/n is C02LGE6UF8JC, then by adding something like N2706 to the end making it C02LGE6UF8JCN2706 the chances of someone else having this value is unlikely, this will now become your BoardSerialNumber and MLB value.

This new value will have to be injected (method documented in the GUIDE) in Clover Configurator as an easy method if you're using Clover or into your config.plist if its Chimera. The value C02140302D5MT31M will never work as too many M/B's has this default value - Good luck.

So, where to go from here?

I logged out and logged back in and that didnt change anything (Just thought Id try) also turned iMessage off on my phone and then reboot/reconnect and connect message forwarding (I got the code to enter on my hack and it paired)

• Should I wait and see if it fixes itself? (with the generic BSN and the degradation of its functioning, Im highly doubting this will happen)
  • Should I leave the ROM and serial number and SMBIOS definitions as they are, and just inject the BSN and MLB?
  • Or should I start completely over as if it never worked at all?
Also, my system also suffers from the SId bug (GA-Z77X-UD5H) is that going to need to be addressed? Seeing as it was "working" without that being fixed? - Or
  • Do I start with fixing that and see what happens?
Sorry for all the Q's, I just dont want to go too far "backwards" if I dont have to...
Thanks again esafeddie for your continued help :thumbup:

I lied, that got it back working again... Im sure its only a matter of time before it fails again, so if you would be so kind as to answer my questions on where you think I should start from, that would be great!
  • Also, do you think I should go back into my Yosemite install and try to get it working there first, seeing how it doesnt work there or do you think it matters?

Last edited:
When sign in iMessage, get "An error occurred during activation". I am using MultiBeast - Yosemite 7.5.0 and FileNVRAM 1.1.4
Please suggest how to activate iMessage. Thanks!

So, where to go from here?

I logged out and logged back in and that didnt change anything (Just thought Id try) also turned iMessage off on my phone and then reboot/reconnect and connect message forwarding (I got the code to enter on my hack and it paired)

• Should I wait and see if it fixes itself? (with the generic BSN and the degradation of its functioning, Im highly doubting this will happen)
  • Should I leave the ROM and serial number and SMBIOS definitions as they are, and just inject the BSN and MLB?
  • Or should I start completely over as if it never worked at all?
Also, my system also suffers from the SId bug (GA-Z77X-UD5H) is that going to need to be addressed? Seeing as it was "working" without that being fixed? - Or
  • Do I start with fixing that and see what happens?
Sorry for all the Q's, I just dont want to go too far "backwards" if I dont have to...
Thanks again esafeddie for your continued help :thumbup:

I lied, that got it back working again... Im sure its only a matter of time before it fails again, so if you would be so kind as to answer my questions on where you think I should start from, that would be great!
  • Also, do you think I should go back into my Yosemite install and try to get it working there first, seeing how it doesnt work there or do you think it matters?

You really should forget about El-Capitan as its still in beta mode with numerous changes occuring during its development so at the moment you're unlikely to get a fully functioning Hack as it stands unlike Yosemite. I would definitely concentrate on getting things right on your Yosemite install so that when El-Capitan is finally released, you'll be abled to transfer all your settings.

I know the 'Fix iMessage' guide can be pain trawling through it to find answers but it has if not, most answers to get iMsg/F-Time working also tips to circumvent boards suffering from the SID Bug. Just start with the basics to get iMsg to work - some time ago I did post a simple Guide here on how to get iMsg working which helped quite a few members, I'll see if I can dig it out and repost it.

When sign in iMessage, get "An error occurred during activation". I am using MultiBeast - Yosemite 7.5.0 and FileNVRAM 1.1.4
Please suggest how to activate iMessage. Thanks!

Run iMessage DeBugger and check ROM and MLB values, if any says null or failed, there lies your problem or if values are changing at every reboot, again this will be the problem as they should remain constant at every reboot.

Could someone just clarify for me something. So if sms forwarding is working but the actual iMessage itself isn't working is that the SID bug everybody's talking about

Could someone just clarify for me something. So if sms forwarding is working but the actual iMessage itself isn't working is that the SID bug everybody's talking about

The first step to ascertain if you've a problem with your iMessage setup is to run iMessage DeBugger and look at the values, particularly the 'System ID'. If this value is returning a series of zeros i.e. '00000000-0000-0000-0000-0B7SEE4B3C92' (this is just one example, it could be in other easily spotted patterned guises - see Chapter: 5 for some examples of the SID Bug) then the board is indeed suffering the SID Bug, which can be corrected with method depicted in the 'Fix iMessage' guide.

If after running iMessage DeBugger and all values are true and constant between reboots, then your problem could be iMessage not in sync across all your devices, see end of Chapter 3.3 for a possible fix to this problem - Good luck.

Back